1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Which mobs/bosses have chance to drop legendary?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Gizmostank, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Gizmostank

Gizmostank Visitor

I'm a Peace Tamer, recently added discord and I have good or borderline great gear. I want to start working for high level drops, I see some legendary items sold on my shard for 100m+ and I want in on the action. However to date my farming is mostly mobs like Miasma and Balrons with an occasional ancient wyrm. Despite killing hundreds, maybe thousands I haven't got any legendarys. I presume it is because they are loot capped at lesser artifacts.

what should I graduate to that gives me at least a chance at some highly desirable gear?

2. TimberWolf

TimberWolf Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I have gotten legs off champ bosses...Shadow lords...exodus. Anything that has a chance to drop lvl 6 loot

3. Martell

Martell Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

This has been asked a million goddam times! There should just be a sticky at the top of the boards saying "FARM EXODUS!"

That's all there is to it.

King Greg likes this.
  4. HoneythornGump

*Chuckles*

Another "What the hell do I gotta kill to get a Legendary Artifact" thread. You see a problem and a pattern here @Bleak @Kyronix? How long til the next thread asking the same thing? There was one a few weeks ago...I'm sure we'll see another in another week or so.

I hope when you guys are done with ToL you take a serious look at the loot tables. Players can knock out 30+ Peerless/Champion Spawns and never lay eyes on a Legendary, and TMAPs you just nerfed to hell which leaves what?

90% of the bosses which include 17s year worth of design content just doesn't pay dividends in term of having a chance at a Legendary Artifact drop. There's a serious problem when only 3-4 monsters in the game consistently drop legendary artifacts. My 30 Dreadhorn, 30 Meraktus, and 40 Glade spawns I didn't see one Legendary Artifact....that's a problem because it makes those encounters simply not worth doing. There needs to be a more level playing field in terms of all the Champion Bosses and Peerless monsters having a semi-decent change at dropping a legendary artifact of NICE quality. Not just 3-4 bosses that you guys designed...

@Gizmostank I'm not poking fun at you only at the situation we have in Ultima Online with regard to players being able to get Legendary Artifacts. There are only a few BOSSES which consistently drop NICE legendary Artifacts: Exodus and Osiredon I'll vouch for. Others players say they have had success with Corgul and Shadow Lords also drop some nice Legendary Artifacts.

Once in a blue moon you'll pull a Legendary off of non-boss. For example 1 time I pulled (just last week) I pulled a legendary off of Miasma...keep in mind this is after 6 months of killing Miasma, and one time I pulled a Legendary Artifact off of a Paragon Cu Sidhe some 9 months ago, and earlier this month I pulled one off a Frost Dragon.

Treasure hunting had the potential to drop some nice loot but it appears to have been nerfed circa 2 weeks ago. *Shakes Head*

I wish I could say go solo Dreadhorn with your tamer, however after doing 30 or so Dreadhorn myself, and not seeing a single legendary, nor any hint of one I wouldn't advise that. None of the peerless I've ever done have dropped a Legendary Artifact....

With your template Disco/Tamer you should see about joining a group or guild for an Exodus/Osiredon/Corgul encounter. Your gonna need to fight the very highest end bosses, make sure you become a qualifier for looting rights, and hope to god the RNG smiles on you. Oh and don't forget your luck suit.

Players will tell you..."Yeah you can get one off champion bosses or this bosses"...maybe after doing 50-100 of em' you'll get lucky.

The reality is we have a game which only 3-4 bosses, and perhaps a few others consistently drop Legendary Artifacts. Outside of those select bosses you haven't got a snow balls chance in hell.

#4 HoneythornGump, Aug 13, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
    Yadd of Legends and Goodmann like this.
  5. WootSauce

WootSauce Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Scalis and Exodus. Scalis drops no loot with casting focus or "eater" props.

Aside from that, its a crapshoot. Others have a small chance of dropping legendaries. very small.

To echo the previous poster - even if the existing bosses had a chance at dropping some kind of new arty - they would be worth doing, but if you are going for new gear, don't bother.

6. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

:facepalm:Yes it has been asked a millions times and I wounder if Bleak or Kyronix could fix this, oh wait this is a UOStratics problem and I wounder if the search is down. UOStratics could you check to see if SEARCH is down, oh wait no it is not. Guess people are just to lazy to do a simple search "legendary item drop" and they might be surprised at what they see.

7. Hraxal

Hraxal Visitor

I returned to UO about 10 weeks ago now and can happily say that I like the artifact distribution as it stands.

Firstly, I'd like to say that I really can't think of many other MMOs that allow anyone to progress as far as one can in Ultima as a solo player. Whilst comparing UO to other MMOs is a slippery and somewhat irrelevant venture, it still stands that it's accepted that one shouldn't be able to rush an 'end game' suit solo in a matter of hours.

I currently do on average 2-3 spawns solo every day, around 2 lvl 6 T-maps and 2 Exodus most days, as well as 1-2 Harrowers a week. When bored I do a Stygian Dragon (better loot table than other peerless) and the occasional Miasma or fel Balron farm (mainly to keep up t-maps and sacrifice). At this playrate, I transfer on average 10-15 legendaries a week to Atlantic to sell/trade. I am in a guild with 2 other players who I PvM with occasionally (Exodus mainly) but the vast majority of time I play solo. I've never been an exception player or someone who spends 10 hours a day ingame, I simply don't like wasting time.

I get a legendary every 3-4 Champs (which can equate to 1 an hour if you're farming Destard), 1-2 per Harrower, 3-5 per Exodus (shared with others sometimes) and 1 every 2-3 Styg Dragon. Considering the time/effort input for most of these encounters I don't think it's fair to say legendaries are inaccessible to the average player.

My only advise to do some research into the loot tables, luck DOES help, do everything in Fel when possible and if you've shot yourself in the foot by deciding to play a silly template solo then get over yourself and seek help from others. It's not realistic to expect to be able to solo all the content with every template.

*EDIT*
    I've never tried Shadowlords so can't comment, but Slasher of Veils is also a good source of Legendaries for me.

8. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

9. Gizmostank

Gizmostank Visitor

I apologize for my lack of forum etiquette, I should have known to search. No excuse really, I had a quick question and looked for a quick answer. I spend a lot of time farming and have never gained any loot worth a damn, I assume i am farming the wrong things. Miasma & balrons primarily because they die and respawn very quickly. I do my farming with an 1150 luck suit. I wonder if I should be farming in fel instead where luck is boosted substantially, or does that game mechanic still exist?

someone mentioned any monster with lvl 6 loot. I don't know what that means. is that a reference to fame/karma or T-map levels? It might be time for stratics or uo guide to update their hunters guides with loot tables that indicate chance to drop legendary artifacts.

10. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

You wanna be hitting the big stuff. Exodus, Scalis, the underwater boss and andros in despise.

11. Fridgster

Fridgster Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Might want to check out bone demon... killed 8 last night with just luck from bushido and collected several greaters. Also averaged 2-4 artifacts (lesser thru greater) per kill.