1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

which of these weapons is best for my sampire?

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Gunn1997, Oct 7, 2009.

1. Gunn1997

Gunn1997 Guest

havin to just use what i got on my new samp, pickins are really slim on sonoma it seems, here are the weps i have. which one is the best i.e. which one should i use fort powder on, or are they all so bad i just shouldnt bother lol.

37 HML
    37 HHL
    36 DI
    30 SSI

short spear-
    28 HSL
    28 HML
    40 HLD
    10 HCI
    30 DI

spear -
    47 HML
    15 SSI
    5 DCI
    22 DI

leaf blade -
    HLL 63
    HML 22
    HSL 36
    DI 46

for the record, not including my wep i have 51 dci, 23 DI, 7 HCI, though i should have stormgrips within a day or two so thatll help with the DI

thanks in advance
  2. Out of all of those the leaf blade would probably be the best, but you're gonna have to maintain max stam since it has no SSI.
  3. Gunn1997

Gunn1997 Guest

ive got 130 stam right now, bout the best i can do atm, cant afford a stat scroll.

though i did just add an item with +6 mana, putting me at 36, so maybe i could drop int 6 points and get up to 136 stamina.

think that would be enough?
  4. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

May 12, 2008
    136 stamina isn't really better than 130 in any way except sometimes you can take an extra hit.

You would have to get up to 150 stamina in order to gain swing speed.
  5. Yep. Gotta be at 150, especially with no SSI. You'd be better off dropping some Str and putting it into Dex if Dex isn't already at 125. You can always drink a Gtr Str pot to boost your hp's, but the DexStam is a must have that has to come from gear.
  6. guum

guum Guest

Sell a couple of those weapons and use the money to buy a stat scroll and get some imbued +stam and/or +dex gear. High stamina is crucial, even with fast weapons -- a hard-hitting mob can sap 1/3 of your stam in one shot, and then you're swinging slower, and hence regaining stam/life slower, in addition to being hurt. You don't want to be just high enough stam to swing at 1.25 sec/swing -- you should aim for at least 20 (and preferably 50) stam more than that so that you can take a big hit and not be slowed down.

In the mean time, use soul seeker. It's cheap, really fast (50 SSI or something like that), and has the requisite leeches. Stack DI everywhere you can to make up for the lack of DI on the weapon.
  7. Kafka72

Kafka72 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Nov 13, 2007
    He can't use a Soul Seeker because he's got Fencing instead of Swordsmanship. I'd suggest to switch template to use Swordsmanship and then use a Soul Seeker! :p
  8. guum

guum Guest

9. Or he can just find a decent leaf blade with SSI and not have to train another skill.