1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

which program to record uo videos ?

Discussion in 'UO Resources' started by angelus aconitum, Oct 9, 2011.

1. angelus aconitum

angelus aconitum Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Hello everyone,

I have searched fpr quite some time now on stratics and other forums, but haven't found any thread with infos on which program works to record uo videos.
    I have tried fraps, but it does not work and two others I already have uninstalled, so I can't say what their names are.

I just want to record videos in the uo game window. Anyone knows a program ?

2. Gilmour

Gilmour Certifiable

3. angelus aconitum

I just tried CamStudio and it works ....... sometimes, but mostly not. I think it makes problems when 2 monitors are running. The videos are really messed up in colors and in shape.
    I think I first have to play a bit with the settings ;)

And thank you for the link :)

4. iamSnippa

iamSnippa Journeyman

Another good program which can also (and mainly is used for) stream live video is XSplit. Most of the Starcraft 2 community has been using this program to stream videos of them playing live against other people. It is an absolutely great tool. I am not sure if it is still free though, there were rumors flying around that once the tool was no longer in beta that you would have to purchase it.

5. angelus aconitum

I'll give XSplit also a try. I will test both for a week or so and will then post my experience with both of em.