1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

which skill raises strength?

Discussion in 'UO Catskills' started by Cantabrigian British, Aug 9, 2010.

1. What is the best skill to quickly raise strength?

2. Scarst

Scarst Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Well, I used to juggle wrestling and pickpocket dip at max skill cap, back in the old days to get both dex and str.

But now I just parry train get 100 parry and let the unarmed female fighters keep hitting me in 15 minutes I'll have 100 str and 100 dex.

3. A kind thank you Mr. Scarst.

4. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Arms lore is a good one for this. I also use melee skills on sheep/goats in Delucia (e.g., wrestling, swords, macing).

5. Mining and lumberjacking. You raise strength and gather resources at the same time.

6. Zuckuss

Zuckuss Order | Chaos
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni K^S

I am going to go with Arm's Lore. If anyone knows better, post it!

7. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

when working stats I use mining for strength, music for dex and spirit speak for int.

Here's a chart (lower part of the page) that will tell you what stat each skill checks.

I don't know what method you use, but here's what I do:

I buy up as much skill as I can until I hit my cap. I make sure I leave the skills I plan to use (mining, music or spirit speak) at zero. Once I have bought skills so I'm maxed, I turn all my skill locks up so I have the potential to gain in all skills, and lock the stats I'm not trying to modify. I then start mining, playing music or talking to the dead (depending on what stat I want to change). When you are at 0 in a skill you are guaranteed to gain on an attempt at using the skill. With the possibility of a skill gain you also get a chance to gain in that skill's associated stat.

What this means is you will get more skill and stat checks, and will be more apt to get a stat gain than if your skill was higher than 0.

Once I have my stats where I want them I lock them, lower all my skill locks (except for the points I want to keep) and soulstone off and delete all the unnecessary skill points, clearing my template of the skills I don't want.

I've been doing stats this way for years, works like a charm every time.