1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

While Cats is down...

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Flutter, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I log into one of the Japanese servers.
    Sticking out like a sore thumb, I have had this character here for a while now for various activities including IDOCs
    Wandering about aimlessly I happen upon this fellow standing in one spot cutting cloth into bandages one at a time.
    They have so much cloth on them that they are dropping the bandages individually onto the ground at their feet.
    I begin picking them up and handing them back when I notice that opening the trade window makes everything stop. I realize this is a script.
    Can someone tell me the purpose of this script? Cutting up cloth one at a time and having bandages fall at your feet? They don't stack so it's one bandage atop another bandage over and over.

Really curious as to what the point is.

2. the only thing i could think of is they are scripting tailoring, making oil clothes and cutting them up maybe?

3. Flutter

Flutter Always Present

Hum...
    Out in the wilderness? lol
    I guess maybe he figured he'd be less likely to get caught.

4. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Japan has vending machines that sell everything from used underwear to live bugs. That being said, is scripting bandage making really all that weird?

5. Flutter

Flutter Always Present

It is if you're cutting them up one at a time and letting them drop to the ground at your feets.
    Maybe he was cutting up the used underwear.

6. Javin

Javin Guest

Sounds like the Underpants Gnomes from South Park need to pay Japan a visit!

Oh man thats WAY too much PRESSURE! LOL

~J

7. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I thought they had some way to "detect" scripts running and that they were dealing with them.

That's not the case ? We are back to rampant scripting with hardly much consequences ?

I really wonder whether we will ever be able to play a Ultima Online without so much cheating in it.......

8. what this person is doing is easily done through UOAssist, which is perfectly legal, however; if he's unattended and macroing then that would be illegal.

UOAssist allows many 'script' like advantages due to being able to record actions.

9. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot

Did you not ask this a couple weeks ago? Nothing has changed.

10. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

What color are the bandies?

If they are a light green slightly less violent than the dryad green then it is a case of tailoring oil cloths and cutting them into bandies as previously suggested.