1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Gardening] Whimpy gardener needs new seeds

Discussion in 'UO Botany and Nutrition' started by Rhiannon, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I would love to grow and enjoy the new plants, but alas, a single liche (yes, the original ones) have the ability to give even my oldest and most experienced "sister" a non-permanent-but-annoying dirt nap. So I have no choice but to buy them.

Should I post that offer here or on the buy/sell forums? I thought I would start here since most of you seem to have hundreds of new seeds. Would 1000gp each make you part with 16 of them?

Rhiannon, Retired Mage
    Atlantic

2. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

You won't get seed from liches anyway. I'm sure you will be able to buy them but this forum may not be the place to buy them when most here will grow them.

Why not try Atlantic tradeforum

3. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Actually, I know that liches don't give seeds. I was making the point that I couldn't tackle any of the monsters that drop seeds as they are all harder than liches. :gee:

Thanks for the suggestion to post on the trade forums. I will do that.

Safe travels!
    --Rhiannon, Retired Mage
    Atlantic

4. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I think you're underselling yourself. My crafter on Siege managed to get some seeds from Kappa in Tokuno. She had +13 magery ring, +13 magery bracelet, +12 spell book and blade spirit scrolls.

5. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I appreciate the encouragement, Petra. However, after 10 years, 10 months, I have finally come to grips with the fact that I'm a wimp. It's mostly inexperience but dirt naps annoy me so much, I don't want to work at it anymore. Being wealthy (inherited gold from a friend), I can afford to buy the seeds and save the annoyance.

:stretcher:

6. Sara Of Baja

Sara Of Baja Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Just an idea, Rhiannon ... I can hunt the monsters, and do so. However, I have made an arrangement with some of my plant-challenged friends and neighbors who were close to going red from Plant Killing. They bring me their seeds, and I grow the plants. We share the plants after they've been set to decorative. All of them have been great about dropping a book into each container identifying the monster the seeds came from. You might ask around among your friends to see if they'd like a similar arrangement.

7. Tuferon

Tuferon Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

As a fellow wimp, I suggest that mummies, at least ,would be a source to try. You can go slow into the dungeon and just face the initial skellies, 3rd room on right is just 1 mumm at a time and nothing else will bother you