1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Whirlwind attack does affect friendlies!

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by dlwiii, Feb 8, 2010.

1. dlwiii

dlwiii Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Here is the description of Whirlwind attack:

Whirlwind Attack - A godsend to a warrior surrounded, the Whirlwind Attack allows the fighter to strike at all nearby targets in one mighty spinning swing. Will not accidentally strike innocents, allies, or party members.

However, I find that the attack does affect friendly summoned creatures such as Rising Colossus and Energy Vortex. This makes is very difficult to help out when in a group with magic users.

For example: we are attacking a Dark Father, and the DF summons undead. I try to help out by whirlwinding the side spawn. It gets the spawn, but also suddenly makes the VE's and such attack me.

Is this a bug? Because it is similar to attacking party members, in my opinion.

2. kinney42

kinney42 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I believe the reason is this....The EV's and RC's are red, so technically they are not "friendly" to you. Only the rules of tram prevent them from attacking you. In Fel they can attack you.