1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Whirlwind or Frenzied Whirlwind?

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Lonestar, Dec 16, 2008.

1. Lonestar

Lonestar Guest

Just a question to all the sampires and wammys out there. Does Whirlwind Attack or Frenzied Whirlwind work better at taking out mobs? Radiant Scimitars have the Whirlwind Attack and Wakizashis have Frenzied Whirlwind along with some other weapons but theser are both swords weapons and one handed. I like Whirlwind Attack on the radiant scimitars but have never tried the frenzied whirlwind so just wondering which everyone thinks is better at taking out mobs/spawns and such.

-Lonestar

2. Diomedes Artega

Diomedes Artega Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Whirlwind attacks gain a damage bonus from the Bushido skill, increasing as it affects more enemies. The damage bonus is applied to all enemies that are hit by the Whirlwind attack, including the primary target...as stated by the UO guide.

Frenzied you don't receive that from what I recall. Really depends on what you are trying to accomplish. Both can leech mana and stamina effectively. I use both.

3. Chaosy

Chaosy Guest

Up until now, I still don't know what the difference between the two is other than frenzied whirlwind being a weaker version of whirlwind. :\

If you have bushido, I'd go with the whirlwind special.

4. Diomedes Artega

Diomedes Artega Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah personally whirlwind is better in my opinion and just given the facts when used with bushido, however you can have some descent weapons for use with frenzied whirlwind. Main goal really is just to leech back mana, stamina and HP back anyways.

I also like weapon variety. Me personally I use a Lajatang. Only downside is that it is a secondary move as opposed to a primary move...in which case you would use wakizashi's if you use sword or tetsubo if you use a mace. Can always use UBWS. I use UBWS lajatang with swords. Is a good one. 50 DI, 52 Stamina, 44 mana leech.

5. I made a point to craft a Twinkling Scimitar strictly for the purpose of having a good Sampire weapon that had Whirlwind as a special move to use against Travesty and in Doom. It's hard to beat leeching from up to 8 (?) opponents at one time or to have Travesty kill it's own mirror images.

6. Lonestar

Lonestar Guest

Thanks for the input guys. I have 4 hammers (verite) I was going to devote to making a good whirlwind or fenzied whirlwind weapon, to take out mobs and use at spawns. I'll start with radiant scimitars and if I get a good one, I'll try a few wakizashis and see how well they compare.

-Lonestar

7. If you're on Pacific I just made a nice Sampire Twinkling Scimitar that I have for sale.