1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Fishing] White Net Question

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by Mysterylabs, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Mysterylabs

Mysterylabs Guest

Does the chance of receiving an anchor or seahorse increase if you are a GM Fisher? Also, does luck have any effect your chances?

2. Destiny<3

Destiny<3 Guest

I believe I read that Gm Fishers have a 25% chance...however, not for seahorse/ghost anchor..but all artis including them, so you will get a bunch of useless stuff like gold bricks occasionally. :gun:

3. wanderer1origin

wanderer1origin Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

i belive if the fisher throws the net a higher chance of getting is in order!

4. Silverbird

Silverbird Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

If a GM fisher throws the net, he has a 25% chance to immediately recieve a minor arty. Additionally there is a 'normal' chance to get one from killing the leviathan (as he counts as a paragon creature). Only exception is, that if the fisher got one arty from throwing the net he cannot a second one from killing the beast. So having two ppl/chars doing a leviathan could end in getting two anchors from one net. (But that would be probably one of those days when x-mas falls onto the same days as easter.)

5. Destiny<3

Destiny<3 Guest

Weird.. Ive tossed many white nets, but never received one at the beginning! I usually get mine at the end..but maybe someday.:love:

6. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Actually, the fisher, if they get one from the "GM fisher" check, gets it at the time the Leviathan dies - to keep the people from just tossing the nets and leaving.

I've been at white nets where FOUR people got an marty - and like any other paragon drop, anyone that gets a drop gets the same as anyone else does of the same drop. So, theoretically you can have multiple anchors or seahorses.