1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

white nets

Discussion in 'UHall' started by whiterabbit, May 31, 2015.

1. whiterabbit

whiterabbit Stratics Legend
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter PITMUCK

WHY HAVE THE PRICE OF WHITE NETS ZOOM UP? I SEE PRAICE OF 2 MIL FOR 1

2. Gem

Gem Lore Keeper
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Yeah..crazy right? I assume it is because so few people fish nowadays. Supply and demand.

3. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

I've only gotten one Ancient SOS in the last couple of months. Used to get them a lot more often. I get plenty of the regular ones, just no ancient ones.

4. whiterabbit

whiterabbit Stratics Legend
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter PITMUCK

5. Lord Taliesin

Lord Taliesin Seasoned Veteran

I've also seen a dramatic reduction in the number of ancient SOS from MiBs.
    With the loot changes Scalis became one of a handful of high-end baddies to consistantly drop good loot, plus white net tosses are fun community events.

Ox AO and whiterabbit like this.
  6. Marisa Kirisame

Marisa Kirisame Seasoned Veteran

It's just your bad luck. There's a chance for ancient SoS to drop, but in amounts of bottles opened smaller than infinite, the percentage of ancient sos may be lower or higher than this chance.

7. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

because scalis gives the best gear in the game. best chance for gear that tops 100m, even the average scalis loot totals tens of mils per boss, plus bonus chance at the 100m soulforge.

8. Kirthag

Kirthag Former Stratics Publisher
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor Evergreen

o_O
    m'thinks i need to get fishin' then.

9. Silentfury

Silentfury Journeyman

If you are referring to the price of the Nets on Atlantic, I would assume that some people are taking advantage of the Event the Governor of New Magincia has been running for a while now. He funds an Open to the Public Scalis Event and throws net after nets from several hours on Sunday afternoons and may still do that Midnight Saturdays. You can only imagine the amount of nets he requires to run this Event. So I can only surmise that greedy people are trying to take advantage of this situation. Just goes to show you...Do something nice for people and someone will find a way to make a buck off of your good deeds.

whiterabbit likes this.
  10. petemage

petemage Seasoned Veteran

Numbers given out by Ma Nerva herself are about 100 nets at midnight and then another 100 at noon :) She is throwing that things for 3 hours plus straight. Only god knows how to get hold of that many nets week after week :D

Silentfury likes this.
  11. Governor Ma Nerva

Governor Ma Nerva Adventurer
    Governor

supply and demand. and yes a bit of greed is involved in the price gouging on atlantic for the white nets. I check vendor search every 10 minutes im on to get my nets i buy. The price ranges from 350k to 1 mil per on the ones i buy. i feel 1 mil is a real good price and can not will not pay over that. as far as tossing these things. I try to have 100 for the sat sun and sun runs 50 each used per day then. last week we did throw 61 on saturday tho. this week will be the 20th consecutive week of toss's. i do receive contributions of nets and white sos's weekly. and i appreciate all the help i get. last week 30 percent of the nets were donated gratis fyi. Id like to once again thank everyone helping with nets, toss's and of course elections. thank you all.

Silentfury, DJAd and Kirthag like this.
  12. Kirthag

Kirthag Former Stratics Publisher
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor Evergreen

cannot like your post enough @Ma Nerva

If you ever have a xfer from Pac to Atl - I've got thousands of SoS you can have. (takes up about half of my castle's storage).

13. Zeke

Zeke Lore Keeper
    Governor Stratics Veteran Knights of Terra

I got 4 SoS's Tuesday night fishing, 2 of them were Ancient. Last night I got 6 and none were Ancient. RNG ftw.

14. azmodanb

azmodanb Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Being one in 25... You had one great luck the first night.

15. Governor Ma Nerva

Governor Ma Nerva Adventurer
    Governor

yeah the ratio of white sos's should be looked at. I was buying 100 @ 20k each and I bought 400 the last night i bought mib's in bulk, and out of that 400 i got 3 white sos's only. definetly not right in my book.anyone else give up on the mib's in bulk?

Parnoc likes this.
  16. azmodanb

azmodanb Grand Poobah

I stopped doing normal sos .. And stopped even looting them due to no one wanting them.. And also due to them taking to much time for a box of junk. Heh

17. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

I've got about 200+ I'm working through at the moment. I have 2400 luck and I'm doing them in fel. I agree the loot is utter toss. Such a disappointment.

18. Murdok

Murdok Slightly Crazed

Ive done somewhere around 400-450 mibs since the global loot change with luck.... besides a bunch of stuff to unravel, Ive managed to make 12-13 mill off the gold and gems.. Other then fishing for colored nets... and turn in points mibs are junk.

nets.jpg

DJAd likes this.