1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

White Pearls???

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Deep Ellum Dan, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Deep Ellum Dan

Ok, so I know white pearls come from fishing as random drops in your pack. I was fishing for several hours yesterday and not one white pearl but i did get others drop in my pack and I was in Fel while fishing in the deep waters. I have also been told that people get them fighting in Abyss so my question is:
    What is the best way to acquire white pearls without buying them from other players?

It seems they are super rare now days.... thoughts?

2. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran CasteoftheForgotten

Here is what you do...

Take your boat over to the east side of moonglow... You know the shipping lane were you can sail north/south non-stop. Sail around for a bit till you find one of the scripting fishers. Use your boat to block them, then board their boat. You may need some cannon fire to scuttle their ship if they have it set to private. From there you can loot their hold and the fisherman a corpse.

If you don't find any scripters in Fel, you may have to try your luck in the same place in Tram. Scripters are generally a little more plentiful here, but might take you a few tries to find a public boat.

Happy hunting.

callum_fitzhugh likes this.
  3. Deep Ellum Dan

lol interesting... but i dont PvP and killing a scripter is against how i play and against our guild standards.

4. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

You didn't say what your fishing character's fishing skill is, but Is it safe to assume that your fisher has at least 80 real fishing skill?

A couple of other ways to get them is by doing the hunting quests from Percolem or handing in items to Axem, both in Ter Mur. Occasionally you will get a white pearl as part of the reward from doing those quests.

You can also get them as a reward from doing the merchant quests. I checked on the spreadsheet I made when those quests were first added late last year and I was keeping notes of what my characters were getting from doing those. I see several entries that indicate white pearls were the reward: (1) a 1-line quest from Britain to Minoc, no moongate used, killed 2 ambushers gave 7 pearls; and (2) a 3-line quest from Britain to Yew, used moongate, killed 0 ambushers gave 4 pearls.

5. Deep Ellum Dan

The ambushers gave white pearls?? Nice. I always peaced them and ran on because I didn't think they had anything other than normal loot. I've tried the merchant quests and done both no moongate and moongate but didn't seem to be any difference in reward. I'll have to check out the ter mur stuff. Thanks

Sent from my 0PCV1 using Tapatalk

6. Deep Ellum Dan

What do you mean by 1 line and 3 line?

Sent from my 0PCV1 using Tapatalk

7. Zeke

Zeke Lore Keeper
    Governor Stratics Veteran Knights of Terra

I don't think he meant the Ambushers gave them, he got them when he turned in the Merchant quest. The line #'s are how many different items were in his trade quest, as you progress in doing the trades, you go from 1 item you have to carry to up to 5 items in each trade.

8. Deep Ellum Dan

Ya I'm up to 4 or 5 on those now, not sure if I ever received white pearls but hate when I get leather or som other useless reward

Sent from my Vampiric HTC of Arcane Virtue using Tapatalk

9. Angel of Sonoma

Angel of Sonoma Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

I haven't done any fishing recently but the last time I got white pearls I was fishing from the docks in Ocllo. Meaning I was getting them in shallow water.

10. Deep Ellum Dan

I'll have to also try shallow water

11. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

No, the white pearls were the reward at the end of the quest. I merely gave the details of the two quests to show you that it didn't seem to matter if your character uses a moongate or kills any ambushers as far as whether or not you might get white pearls as a reward. Using the moongate does, however, definitely decrease the amount your character receives of the reward item. If your character uses the moongate, the maximum number of white pearls you would ever get as a reward is 6, assuming you did a full 5-line order. If your character doesn't use the moongate, how many white pearls you would get as a reward will also be affected by the number of lines in the order, but will also be determined based on other factors (either/or distance and number of ambushers killed) and can definitely be more than just 6.

12. Kayhynn

Kayhynn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Yeah I remember getting my pearls along Skara Brae shores.

13. WhiteWitch

WhiteWitch Journeyman

Those renowned mini champ bosses in the abyss drop them, but its basically any one of those sort of ingredients(dark sapphire, perfect emerald etc), so I doubt that is the fastest way, I seem to gradually accumulate them this way while farming imbuing essences.

14. Zeke

Zeke Lore Keeper
    Governor Stratics Veteran Knights of Terra

Fishing anywhere, shore, dungeon or deep water will get you white pearls as long as your skill is above 80. It's random when you get them and you can go hours between getting them or get 2 back to back. Love UO's RNG. I wish they were as plentiful as shoes you fish up....

15. Deep Ellum Dan

Omg the shoes. Where are all the barefoot people at? Lol

16. virtualhabitat

virtualhabitat Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Your guild should raise its standards

Tjalle, OREOGL and Victim of Siege like this.
  17. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie

Ever see a zombie or rotting corpse with shoes on? Nuff said.

On a side note, wtf is a 120 fisherman doing still getting shoes? Any skill over gm should eliminate the chance of shoes!

Endrik likes this.
  18. Deep Ellum Dan

What's the point of going over 100 anyways?

19. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie

The ability to catch some of the very rare fish.

20. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I get more white pearls from stealing and those boxes in Exodus...

I also get a bunch turning in things to Axel in Ter Mur.

Deep Ellum Dan likes this.
  21. Deep Ellum Dan

I can't find and reference to anyone named axel... Where is he

22. Lord Obsidian

Lord Obsidian Journeyman
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Benefactor

23. Ellie

Ellie Seasoned Veteran
    Gilfane

you could give the shoes boots and sandles to someone doing bods to fill them

24. hen

hen Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

There is a better method than all of these but I am loathe to share it in case it gets nerfed.

25. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

hehe I'm so bad with names... *sigh* Yes Axem... Nice fellow gives good money, a fun storybook and some gems.

Lord Obsidian likes this.
  26. Deep Ellum Dan

ohhh please do share...

27. hen

hen Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Okay. I felt it was quite bad form of me to say there was a better way without sharing it.
    I tried the axem quest first. I got three random uncommons for a lot of work so don't waste your time with that.

What you need to do is go to the bottom of Gravewater Lake. (do the associated quest)

Once there farm diabolical seaweeds. They are buggy, some you can't reach, water eles will hound you, hydras will try to kill you, those crab things are a pain in the arse,but try to stick to the southeast corner.
    The seaweeds drop all the uncommon gems, white pearl and all the lumberjack uncommons.

Lord Obsidian and Deep Ellum Dan like this.