1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

White Tiger

Discussion in 'UO Time of Legends' started by REEFHAWK1969, Oct 13, 2015.

1. REEFHAWK1969

REEFHAWK1969 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Finally, I tamed me a White tiger. Not sure how many normal tigers I have killed, but it has all worked out. yea

sablestorm likes this.
  2. Val'lyn De'ana

Val'lyn De'ana Seasoned Veteran

I lored a tiger and wasn't impressed. Is the only reason to chase after the white ones to sell or bank sit with?

-Val'lyn

3. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Such a shame they can't be ridden.

4. REEFHAWK1969

REEFHAWK1969 Seasoned Veteran

I agree with that. but I don't bank sit very much

5. sablestorm

sablestorm Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

They probably still don't compare overall with a greater dragon, but I was able to tame two and do the Dragon Turtle spawn start to finish with them. I got looting rights, I got primers, and neither of them died. They'd be a lot more effective once fully trained and bonded as well. At any rate, the Devs talked about a pet revamp in the future so stay tuned.

6. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

these pets were a fail. they would have been a very useful mid-range pet (between a nightmare and a dread) IF they could be ridden. unfortunately theyll only be used by a very small amount of enthusiasts, even those will most likely still use a bake kitsune.

7. Poo

Poo The Grandest of the PooBah’s
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor 4H

2 tamed tigers while riding a ethy tiger WHILE wearing a tiger suit...... just saying - let the awesomeness wash over you!

TechMage, Kolka, Tamais and 6 others like this.
  8. PlayerSkillFTW

PlayerSkillFTW Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I did performance tests between a fully trained Tiger and a fully trained Bake Kitsune, and the Tiger out damaged the Bake Kitsune. I also did a performance test between 2 fully trained Tigers, and 2 fully trained Raptors, and the Tigers out damaged the Raptors (despite the Raptors having Pack Instincts).

Smoot likes this.
  9. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

You can skin 'em for white pelts.

10. BeaIank

BeaIank Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

The tigers seem to have a special attack that drop the target's physical resist by 10 points for a few seconds.
    I guess a rune beetle/tiger combo might be pretty powerful. I will try it out once my tiger bounds with my tamer.

11. railshot

railshot Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I believe the Devs talked about pet revamp since at least 2011. Refusing to add viable/usable pets because of the mythical revamp is just an excuse IMO.

SoftServeDreams likes this.
  12. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

It's been talked about and hinted at since at least then... however talk is all we have seen. I for one have been waiting long enough for this revamp... Though I almost fear that if this revamp is like so many other revamps of things I'm going to be more annoyed than ever.

13. railshot

railshot Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Given that apparently Eodon was done by a single person, it is not complete, and revamp is only being considered, I consider it to be somewhere just before the flying cars. And yes, however they do it if they do it, will piss some people off. Imagine all the tamers who spent years looking for their perfect GD, and all of a sudden it's not so uber anymore.

14. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

intresting, still not convinced tho. i suppose its a start for pvm, i just saw this as a great opportunity for a pvp pet, and still a bit hesitant that itll catch on. i know many suits are way overcapped anyway, plus the barage of majic spells is usually the draw of the bake, not the actual base damage. Still say if these were rideable they might really catch on.

but i havent tested it : ) thanks for some facts to base the comparison off of. much appreciated.

15. Low

Low Journeyman

So what are these white and black tigers selling for? Or are they not really that rare?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. PlayerSkillFTW

PlayerSkillFTW Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I talked with Kyronix on TC, and he said the reason that there weren't more tameables in ToL, is because they're planning on doing the Pet Revamp, and they don't want to introduce a new tameable, just to have to revamp it a little down the road. I get the feeling that the Pet Revamp is on their priority list.

17. MalagAste

Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

If it's on their priority list then it should have been done by now they have only been talking about it since 2011... or even earlier... I for 1 am getting a bit tired of hearing that... I would like to see some action in that department... It's like talking about how they once talked of doing gardens... and how they didn't want to give us dirt tiles because they were considering letting us have our own fields where we might garden and grow things... I think that'll happen when pigs fly.

Disenchanted and Zeph Wightfyre like this.
  18. Zeke

Zeke Lore Keeper
    Governor Stratics Veteran Knights of Terra

Flying pigs are in the Taming Revamp.

whiterabbit likes this.
  19. ZippyTwitch

ZippyTwitch Lore Keeper

Tigers also have a bleed attack.

20. TechMage

TechMage Journeyman

[​IMG]
    here is mine ..not too bad stats...

21. Kolka

Kolka Babbling Loonie
    Professional Campaign Patron

Finally. Ridable blaze warpigs. Definitely worth the wait.

Kirthag likes this.
  22. Zeke

Zeke Lore Keeper
    Governor Stratics Veteran Knights of Terra

Nice hit points, the highest I've seen in regular tigers was 450. Mind posting it's resists?

23. Silent Singer

Silent Singer Lore Master

You know, I get that we are an old crotchety bunch. I get that the people who are still here remain because they LOVE this game. So opinions run strong and often. But for frick's sake guys, go easy with the criticism for one. We have tameable tigers. The tigers have nice stats for their range. The tigers only take two slots each. The tigers have BEAUTIFUL animation (including the very awesome at rest stretch they do). The tigers have color variants. The tigers have nifty pelts. The tigers spawn easily, and are accessible without a Yamandon there to jack you up. The expansion which provides said tigers is FREE.

Do they allow mounts? No, just like they don't one shot greater dragons or poop out Mesanna lanterns. But for what they are, they are great. Every pet doesn't have to be uber.

@Kyronix or whoever else made these, NICE JOB! When I win the lottery and buy UO, I want this dev to create the animation for my custom troll-slaying Blood hound to sniff out naysayers across the land. Then bark at them loudly.

;)

24. TechMage

TechMage Journeyman

2015-10-15 01_33_26-Capture RR.png 2015-10-15 01_33_51-Capture CC.png

Zeke likes this.
  25. MalagAste

I'm not saying they aren't pretty because they are... has anyone tried clicking their pet Tiger many times.... I seem to recall Mesanna saying something sometime back about them rolling over for a tummy rub... but I could have been dreaming... but their death animation would suggest that this might be the case.. Just saying...

I'm just tired of waiting for a Pet Revamp that's been on the books for so long I think the book has turned to dust and been buried under a heap of other things never to see the light of day again.

26. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

I spent last night loring tigers to get some stat info.

Min and Max from what I could tell:

HP 350-450
    Resists:
    55-75
    20-40
    55-65
    30-40
    25-35

So looks like your white tiger is a decent one. :)

27. ZippyTwitch

ZippyTwitch Lore Keeper

I just tried clicking my tigers to get them to roll on back for rubs. They didn't :(

28. MalagAste

bummer