1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Under Review Who did crash Siege Forum

Discussion in 'Stratics Bug Reports' started by FrejaSP, Oct 28, 2015.

1. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

SiegeForum.jpg
    Seem like it is UO Classic that do have a problem and only on first page of UO Siege Forum

#1 FrejaSP, Oct 28, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
  2. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

Same for me but at least you only have 16 articles to read... :p

3. FrejaSP

Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Good to know, it's not only me.

4. Rieley

Rieley Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Working ok for me Freja

5. FrejaSP

Still not working for me, not at my home PC and not at my work PC, no matter of browser

6. FrejaSP

Thanks,┬┤now it works again *Cross fingers*

Ron Bron likes this.
  7. FrejaSP

Damn I said that to early, the trouble is back, help @Ron Bron

8. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

Still broken for me as well...

9. Ron Bron

Ron Bron Former President
    VIP Contributor Alumni

I'm unable to reproduce this... did you try loading with a different theme? Have you tried clearing your browser cache/cookies? Loggin in and out?

[​IMG]

10. FrejaSP

I had tryed everyrging, if I choose page 2+, everything is normal, but page 1 still looks like below
    SiegeForum.jpg

11. Ron Bron

VIP Contributor Alumni

What about using other themes like Classic?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

12. FrejaSP

Other themes works fine but is very annoying to use. I love UO Classics :)

Ron Bron likes this.
  13. Ron Bron

VIP Contributor Alumni

14. FrejaSP

Right now, it works again, without I did anything but refresh the page. I hope it keep working. I hate errors, that comes and go as they can be very hard to find and fix. I hope Nexus or Oscar found the problem and it is not just teasing me and will go down again.

Ron Bron likes this.
  15. Ron Bron

VIP Contributor Alumni

Sounds like a cache issue. The old cache had to clear. Let us know if it comes back.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

FrejaSP likes this.
  16. FrejaSP

Siege forum messed up again. It's wierd, it only seem to happen to Siege forum and only to 1th page.
    It was ok this early morning on my home PC, them when I logged in at work, it look like the pics I posted earlier.
    I then tryed to login on my IPhone with Safari browser, same problem. It seem like it don't depend on browser or PC/phone.

I have to believe it is a bug in my profile as it work on both my Pc's and my phone or it crash on them all. It's only in UO Classic I have the problem.

17. FrejaSP

Really wierd, now it work again on both my work PC and my phone

Ron Bron likes this.
  18. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

I've been doing some thinking about this....

Looking at the times you are posting it appears that your browsing largely during the period our daily database backups are happening, that is probably part of the problem. When the backup is running it slows a lot of things down on the site at different points in the process and this can cause pages to load strangely because literally some portions time out. All of your "It's Broken" posts are from during this period of time, while your posted updates that it is working are from time periods when we're not running backups. Page 2 is loading OK, because you aren't really reloading the entire page just the portion where you're seeing the messed up thread list, but the messed up load on page one is tied to your session on the site, this session data is resets at set periods each day.

I've had the newer styles load strangely when we were doing backups before, but because they are not nearly as integrated with the forum software, UO Classic inheriting much of it's layout from the Xenforo Default, I think that they aren't cached the same way in your session log, meaning a refresh can clear the issue up.

FrejaSP likes this.
  19. FrejaSP

That do make sense but still weird, that it is on all my devices, no matter what operating system, browser or hardware.
    When it crash, there is nothing I can do to reset/reload, that will fix it. I had tried delete browser data, refresh page, logout and in, even restart PC.
    I had not been using Stratics on my phone for month but still it had trouble too.
    I can live with it only being at times where you backup, however first time it did happen, it was bad for hours, think 2 days, then it was up but did crash again next day.

After this 3 days, it was working fine for almost 2 weeks and was only crashing for short time, so if it stay that way, it's all fine. I just wanted to update the thread to tell, that the problem is not all gone.
    Keep up the good work with the forum and don't use time on this as I can changes to modern UO Classics until my beloved UO Classic act nice again. :)