1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

WHO do you miss most from your UO past?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Speedy Orkit, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Most people have met someone in UO that quit, and they miss seeing around, who is yours? Mine was a fellow named Roar from Chesapeake. Always a great guy to PvP with, always up to raid/do spawns, and didn't have a greedy bone in his body. Him and Diekruz were my two best IDOCing buddies.

2. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Izzy the fool :heart:

3. Beer_Cayse

Beer_Cayse Guest

When I started on Pac I unknowingly selected a name the same as a very adept blue PK. One certain fellow took immense joy in killing me whenever he saw me ... even tho it only took 1 or 2 hits! Hell, I was just a tankmage in training for cripes sake!

His name was Sir Loin of Beef. Once I actually called him out via the Stratics SnR of 1999/2000 timeframe. We got it all settled (ingame) as to who I was not. He really was quite apologetic and helped me with training and lot of UO things I now take for granted.

I also miss Aisha and her alts. She (IRL) was on Stratics as the one-time Mod Leandra. Close personal friend and we had lots of fun hunting, crafting and just yakking together. Unfortunately, she died a couple years ago.

Then there is the unforgettable Mistress Vik of KoP on Pacific back then. I've since lost track of her IRL, but fun person and the only person I actually allowed to kill me without (attempted) retribution. That was when I moved to ATL from PAC ... she'd always swore she'd kill me if I did. She looted me dry and I logged off the ghost for the last time there.

4. Divster

Divster Guest

the gm that would actually show up :D

5. ZippyTwitch

ZippyTwitch Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I miss a bunch of people but I cannot remember any names due to killing lots of brain cells over the years.

Cupid likes this.
  6. Coldren

Coldren Sage
    Stratics Veteran

My old guildmates - the original PGoH members.

Borg
    Ser Brightblade
    Wolf
    Martok
    Mallock
    Suin Loresdottar
    Fing
    Balthazaar
    Greg
    Koopsta
    Vens Bluesword
    Arthil
    Balandar

The people in the guild currently are great, don't get me wrong. And sometimes, one or two of the older players hop on.. But the sense of community and companionship I had when these people were always around is something I sorely miss.

Oh.. And Richard Garriott and Starr Long. Don't give a damn what happened with TR - UO is was their world, and they knew how to make it breathe.

whiterabbit and Bazer like this.
  7. Divster

Divster Guest

but seriously my best irl m8 who I joined uo with back in 98, miss the days with playing with him and his bro on europa good times good times. Sadly he now has no time to play uo as he joined army a few years back and hasn't had enough time to play :(

8. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

Chessie: spid3y, Doc Bleu, Karadur Atani, Hardoon, Jonny Sweatpants, and the Sillyhood.

9. Nastia Cross

Nastia Cross Guest

Beastmaster, that wouldn't happen to be spyder1 would it?

10. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

This.

11. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

we started on pac together kayli (guild leader mystic dragon lords)rupert,mig(name was actualy like migleareto) we then moved to ls and rupert was the last i saw and this was a few years ago now! I am the current keeper of the mystic dragon lords guild (although the guild for all intesive purposes no longer functions )!

12. GreywolfUK

GreywolfUK Sage

A couple I miss most would be Celtic Knight, Gdot and a few others, used to have so much fun in the old days with them

13. Aran

Aran INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION!
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend -A-

I'm still in touch with almost everyone that mattered "back in the day" in UO.

Anyone who I'm not, clearly they didn't matter enough to consider now.

14. Experimental

Experimental Lore Keeper

I miss
    Frost, one of my first friends in UO when I started (Cats)
    Vampiress who was originally from Cats but traveled the shards with me and was one of my best UO friends
    AngelicDeceit who was also my shard traveling companion and also one of my best UO friends
    Atlas who got me started in pvp (well, he and my son)
    In Flames who essentially quit but still keeps his accounts active just in case
    Diablos, Mr. "happy in my pants"
    Lady Sounder/Jupiter
    Cool Disco Dan
    Hacker PvProdigy
    Mo
    Dothra
    Mini Crippler
    Payton
    Chupacabra
    Conspiracy
    Lilyan
    Budha Kahn
    Solor
    Blacklisted (most of them)

and many many members of MM, NfC and SX

15. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

No.

16. Ezekiel Zane

Ezekiel Zane Grand Inquisitor

Although I was never in FL, I miss Ooji.

17. Jhym

Jhym Guest

I miss some of my friends from back in 98/00. But they just all gradually disappeared, hopefully for good reasons. My guildmates like Cherveny all moved on as near as I can tell, as did the lovely Tellute and Dell, the quirky Bobohead, and others.

Luckily some folks like Mayor Winfield and others surrounding Paxlair are still here, even if fairly quiet these days. I miss a couple of the seers as well, it was nice to chat with them now and then when I ran into them.

Oh well, life moves on for everyone.

18. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

There are soo many I miss these days.

I miss most Pab.... she and I had many an adventure together.... and we often were hunting or fishing together.... was loads of fun.

I miss my former guildmates when I was in YM.....

Alexander McQuinn who taught me all about the history of the RP community on GL way back when I first started .... he took me to all the old Seer places and told me awesome stories of bravery and "evil"....

I miss Hawk the old GM of the Yew Militia .... my that was long ago.

I miss Phoenix coming to the High Council meetings and raving about seeing rabid beavers....

I miss the entire Highland Guard... they were fun....

I miss all the Orcs and Urks and even the Booga Tribe.... what fun that was!

I even miss the QdV.... was good having other Drow around.

Mostly..... I miss the people who have all gone... even Kuan Ti...

19. Mairut

Mairut Guest

Can't say I remember too many people from when I played before (I was 12ish when I first started playing). And I do believe I was the one that quit first, but anyways...
    I got in touch with one person a few months after starting the game again last year... turns out he had started again too.

The only other person I'd be thrilled to see again would be Kumquat, Atl. for reasons similar to what the op said: always up for hunts or just to hang out, ever-helpful, best friend in-game.

20. canary

canary Guest

I miss my original guild, who have all left UO, and a TON of rp'ers who made my shard a much more colorful, interesting place to visit.

I miss days when I would walk into a rp scenario and see 20-40 people, and now it is the same 3-6 people.

21. Nok

Nok Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Chrissay
    Bob
    Jess
    Joanne
    Jeremy
    Wilki
    Binky
    ...and others I'm sure I'm forgetting.

Community reps that cared about UO and the UO community.

MalagAste and AirmidCecht like this.
  22. Buns Of Glory [ATL]

Buns Of Glory [ATL] Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I'd have to say the person I miss the most would be Integrity. I don't know if anyone knows what happened to her but before I quit she helped me get a small marble workshop outside moonglow [Extreemly popular back in the day :p ] And she did so much else to help me get started such as giving me 50k which used to be alot :p oh good times :p

23. Podolak

Podolak Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Not counting friends with active accounts that just don't get time to get on:

Mute/Laz - Catskills
    Des/Riley - Catskills
    Greythron - Even if he was a pita
    Solan of Writ - Lake Superior
    Eden - Catskills

I'll stop at 5!

24. T'Challa

T'Challa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Warhand
    Sethlans
    Thor Ironside
    Ezekiel/WaF/Polyunsaturated Lard
    Lady Maliki II (and Joshua!)
    Maligor the Red
    Ged, Friar Tuck, and the rest of TG
    Goldie, Chelin, Angelica and the rest of th' Ocllo crowd.

25. wanderer1origin

wanderer1origin Lore Master

friends that have passed, developers that got exit, friends,friends no longer see on guild page or icq!! enemies that made some times intersting !!!!!!!!!

26. My friend who played Pinneapple and Athlon and a few others (he died irl....no ressing) and my ex-guildmistress Aileena who made the game more fun.

27. AesSedai

AesSedai Guest

- Along that thread, Cynthe & Calandryll come to mind.

28. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Nexus, a former guild mate. We both started back around the same time. We were pals.

29. Tangled Metal

Tangled Metal Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Mr Tact
    Speedman
    Draconi
    GM Sparkle
    Reba and Lars and all the EOF peeps from Napa
    Larissa from Origin
    Noble Scribe and Bob From Accounting on Napa

30. AesSedai

AesSedai Guest

(as an aside: I saw speedman's username on the list last night. I've been hoping all is well with Larissa too... Surely we've run into each other a few times before RE, as I recognize most from your list)

31. Tangled Metal

Stratics Veteran

I met most of the old Dev's back when they were all still in Austin. I attended the meetups with them a few times especially when it was at the Texas Renaissance Fair. I still have one of the cloth maps with about 20 Dev sigs on it. Those were the days.

Bazer likes this.
  32. AesSedai

AesSedai Guest

(as another aside: Hey, I went to the last Ren Fest... now I'm starting to think we might've even had a few more :pint: at the campground afterwards... hrmm)

(x: memories... Devil Woman, Aboo, umm the daughter I think was something Angel, Peaches, I forget her friends username but he was a nice man from the Htown area & I always liked his username too... and what do ya' know Cal & Cynthe were there too along with Phoenix/Vex -he was the first Dev. whose brain I got to pick a bit in person & I came prepared & left quite impressed-, can't remember if MrTact was there, pretty sure he was, but I sat and listened to him at the 2007 AGC along with Draconi and others. I believe Tact called it 'serendipitous' how we kept crossing paths & chattin' which was great as he's been one of my most respected minds behind the curtain. That was where I was shown the picture of Drac on the Vomit Comet with Richard Garriott, whom I had some great chats with at the last Austin meet that weekend along with Binky (I was one of surely several that asked him during the AGC to show up there. I also tried to get Tact, Spada & the rest of the CS crew to drop by, but they must've had more pressing matters at the time), Leuro, Jeremy the Winfield group, a few of the current Stratics staff and many other great people, like a nice woman originally from FW named Sarah... all memorable people and fun times were had. Yeah UO truly is a great community :))

33. Ezekiel Zane

Ezekiel Zane Grand Inquisitor

I noticed Speedman on last night too. Was hoping he'd post something.

34. Guido_LS

Guido_LS Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

From Lake Superior

Spider/Slim Shady
    Shayla Moonbeam
    DKNY
    Crazy Mike
    Oldtime
    Elfie
    Father Ganja

All folks that helped change my perception that UO was more than just a bunch of PK's/scum - well before Ren...

Special mention - Ima Newbie and his adventures :)

35. Malimus

Malimus Guest

Id have to say i miss running around pk'ing with my old buddy Binbs on Pacific. But that was alota years ago. We ran into each other the first time at Chaos shrine before tram. Back when that wand patch was implemented to make charged wands more powerful. There were a few bugs and it got nerfed because a harm wand could kill you in two charges. Anyway we managed to kill each other a few times before we actually got around to bs'ing and after that we teamed up and had alota good times causing havoc around britannia. Back when being PK meant something and pvp was actually fun.

36. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

I remember Roar; fighting against him that is hehe :). For me, my bud IAIN back in the early 2000s ;P and also Black Jack. Draktyr was pretty cool too. Ah, Boogafunk, my bro Darik. A lot on my list. I still owe Boogafunk 200k for my first house :p.

37. Fat Midnight

Fat Midnight Visitor

From what I heard Reba and Silver may come back.

The PWS and PWZ people
    People I knew in RL that played (dont miss all of them)
    Yautja(how many times could you get banned)
    Allmachtige
    Tree Gank
    Baal
    and whoever else that I cant remember

Edit:
    Xanadu from L*R and all those ppl
    D*R

38. shalanria

shalanria Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Yes Rowan funny you should mention! I do miss my long time partner in UO Lord Bobfromacounting from Napa Valley. We were inseparable in game in taming, Thunting, spawns and any other trouble we could find to get into for many many years. I feel quite certain he and I tamed more mares than anyone in UO. You have to admit you either loved Lady Destiny and Lord Bobfromacounting or hated us :) Those were the good old days that are truly missed. Good to report though, he is still doing well in real life, just never gets on game anymore. And oh yes, Noble was a hoot too! Sure miss that Brit bank as well.

39. Schuyler Bain

Schuyler Bain Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I started my UO life on the Lake Superior shard on launch day. A few months into it I met some great people whom without I would have most likely left long ago and never looked back. Here are some of the names of those that no longer play to my knowledge... I hope you are doing well wherever you are. I know at least one of you has moved on to the green acres in the sky. I am sure I am missing a few, but theses are the names that came to mind.

(AO & OSS)
    Michael Wolfe
    Cassandra White
    Misty
    Strider
    Kondor & Dixie
    Baldur & Baldurson (I think I have muffed the spelling)

*salute* & *bow*

40. Tangled Metal

Stratics Veteran

AesSedai- I used to go to Richard's Halloween parties at the real Castle Brittish in Austin. My good friends, Velvet Hammer, used to play at the party every year! I think the last one I went to was the Gangster Themed one!

This is one of those "Back in the day..." moments! And yes, I was oftent seen in the campground next to the fire with a Guiness and a drum.

41. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable

One person I miss the most is someone I met when I played on Catskills named Taryn. I bought something from him via Tradespot and we hit it off immediately. I joined his guild and we became really good friends. It was my fault we lost touch (real life issues) and then I ended up leaving Catskills. I really regret losing track of him.

42. Tangled Metal

Stratics Veteran

For real? Reba is my ex-gf's aunt irl. If you see her around let her know I am back ingame! Tell her Eric says Hi! I know them both very well irl. Lost touch....

43. Tangled Metal

Stratics Veteran

I still luv ya Lady Destiny!

44. Konge

Konge Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Simsalabim and jacob, the guys who taught my the wayz of th3 tamerz and peerlesses. Damn you WoW and your paladins!

45. Serine

Serine Guest

I miss all from my former guild True Shadow Lords on Drachenfels
    Buck
    Eric Van Heyden
    NAZGUL
    bobban
    Cant remeber more names .. been many years .

We hade so much fun in faction back in the days ..

Also i miss some pk´s from my early days in 98 (DOBBERMAN ). They made my gaming more fun , The adrenalin rushes i got was awsome .. now days i dont get any.. mostly do to insurance i think ..

46. Rotgut Willy

Rotgut Willy Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Assia Penryn and Chazztizer like this.
  47. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

I did something much like this with a person named Radish in the beginning of AoS. We became quick friends, PvPed together, etc, then one day he never logged on and his house fell months later.

48. smip

smip Slightly Crazed
    Premium Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Linderling and Peaches

49. Sindris

Sindris Guest

What!? No Sunsword?! Surely the guy who turned UO into a Diablo clone deserves some recognition...

50. Tangled Metal

Stratics Veteran

BTW- What ever happened to Dar of Sonoma?