1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Who else is participating in the war?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Kat, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

So far, I know of CRUS and TnT2.

Add the name of your non-faction guild here, if you're interested in participating!

2. Bo Bo

Bo Bo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Does killing you people relentlessly mean Bo is included in this war? If so than you can include Bo. But if you expect Bo to follow your stupid rules, than you obviously dont know The Bo. :loser:

3. Kael

Kael Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

What stupid rules??? The only rule that we have come up with ( and this only applies to us ) is no tamers shall be fielded from our side.

4. archite666

archite666 Guest

Hm i'm busy as always but I'd like V to contribute some.

We will try for this weekend, hopefully spread the word so our secondaries will be out of factions by then.

5. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Don't feed the trolls. It only encourages them to come back for more.

6. Kael

Kael Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

We could also look into putting together a temporary guild or alliance for those small guilds or single guildless players that have an interest in this but don't want to go alone.

7. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Good idea! That should be easy enough to implement.

Also looking to hear from JSV, C8V, TDO, Sprago's guild [AED]?, QUE? and anyone else interested...

8. Mook Chessy

Mook Chessy Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Bo can play with himself, I'm sure bo knows that...

rofl lmao pmp yadda yadda yadda.

9. Elfstone

Elfstone Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Just asking for it...la :wall: :D

10. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Is there an end game to the war, or is it open and unending?
    Are solo players welcomed, or is it best to join or create a crew?
    Any other "honor" rules?
    Any other pertinent info?

Stick to the topic of this thread and serious trolls will be dealt with. *folds arms*

11. Mogluk

Mogluk Guest

12. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

Yup...

13. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

I think I sent the first invite and didn't really want to set an end to it, but we are required to set the values. I set it for 1000 kills/10,000 hours. If it turns out to be really really fun, we'll definitely send another invite. After the disaster that is currently called "Factions", we're just looking to get back to having some fun.

-Solo players are welcomed, but will require a guild tag so that we can send an invite. It may be overwhelming for a solo player at times, so my suggestion would be to create a guild tag for soloer's.

-Rules are self imposed, but Bruin has written up a fair set of guidelines for his crew, which can be found on the Gilfane public forums or perhaps he would be kind enough to post them here. :) [TnT will be utilizing these guidelines, as well]

14. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

I am intrigued... Is there any story line? Who is good and who is evil? Have any of the major players considered having some one do some write ups of the battles?

I could even "grease the wheels" if you folks can come up with some qualified folk to be "official" Stratics reporters. Just a thought.

15. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

By write ups... I do not mean epeen stroking

16. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

I believe that CRUS, otherwise known as CWS and GIL are going to use this as an opportunity for some roleplay stories, etc... and, well, you know TnT, we're not much into that, but we'll happily play the bad guys and will not hinder the roleplaying efforts of others. If someone from TnT would like to participate in the written storyline, I'm sure they will hop in! Maybe I can summon Kenji! hehe

17. Bruin

Bruin Guest

Here is what I posted in another thread about the rules.

The rules:

The only enforced rule:

No pets - tamers will not be allowed to join CRUS unless they stone their taming skills and promise not to actively use them in combat.

The unwritten rules (These will not be ‘enforced’ per se, but all members are always required to adhere to them):

Light looting – be courteous to those that are courteous to us - loot to disarm, loot to retrieve items. To discourage the use of high end items, such as cursed artifacts, minor artifacts and the like, these may be looted. If we find our enemies are constantly drylooting us, we may reciprocate by looting all combat related items.

No rez-killing - except to prevent an enemy from re-joining combat.

Keep in mind these are unofficial self-imposed rules. I'm not going to require them of any guild that we war, it is up to their discretion what they do. I will enforce these rules amongst our members.

But if we get a guild that wars us, and all of a sudden we're patrolling and 10 stealth tamers appear, bola us, and all kill, there is a high likely-hood we will withdraw from war with them.

18. Bruin

Bruin Guest

Storylines -

At the moment there are no specific story lines, just a general "The White Council guilds are going to war with its enemies" I personally will be writing up some story lines just to foster combat in specific areas - so people will know where to look for a fight. I will be writing up stories of the battle (win or lose) time permitting. I will be asking guildmates to write up both battle stories and rp'd story lines. I would encourage any people taking part to also write up some stories.

Hell, even Kelmo can write up a story about how he's tired of hearing the battle cry's from outside his pub walls as a neutral! ;)

There are no real sides to the war, well I guess maybe the sides of generic "good" (us) and "evil" (them). Anyone is welcome to join in, however you would obviously have to belong to or start a guild because you can't war individuals. I suppose we can start allying along the side of good and evil, but at the moment I just want to fight! =)

19. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

*fans this tiny spark and hopes for a fire*

20. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

Stop feeding the trolls or suffer their fate...

21. Tiberius

Tiberius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Point taken. I am looking forward to this war myself.

22. Mogluk

Mogluk Guest

*looks confused*

I am on the "good" guy side but I feel so durty........must klomp Kelmo....

23. Calyip

Calyip Guest

How come no tamers with lesser animals? Such as frenzieds. I always thought the pack instinct aspect of the game was pretty cool. They implemented it about the time I left and it allowed for tamers to play in PvP with mediocore pets and not be overpowered.

24. Mogluk

Mogluk Guest

I think its the slippery slope, I actually hate that we have uber tames......but also those uber tames are required for high end farming

25. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

There are some rp stories on the Gilfane forum. I will try to repost them here as some Gilfane will not come here to post.

They are in the public forum on Gilfane

http://gilfane.com/Forums/index.php

26. T'Challa

T'Challa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Not Found

The requested URL /forums was not found on this server.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    Apache/1.3.41 Server at www.gilfane.com Port 80

27. Hugibear

Hugibear Guest

You are so wrong here. I can high end farm on my dexxor and kill the stuff faster than you can on your tamer. You are just lazy, and like to feel safe farming that high end stuff while hidden and the tame does the work for you.

28. Mook Chessy

Mook Chessy Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Quick question, can you farm faster wearing max luck?? Yes, that is assuming that luck even works...
    I do agree with you that a Bushy Chiv or Sampire is the fasest way to pvm, but to do that you usually give up luck...

29. Hehe im with Mo on this one and the way he feels, Im on the darker side of good, kinda walk a thin line id have to say.

30. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Sorry, fixed now.

http://gilfane.com/Forums/index.php

31. geni

geni Guest

The Sinners and Saints will be participating if you want us to. i have pulled the guild out of the alliance, slimmed it down to just the people waring and we should be ready to go just hope we get some more people.

32. Hugibear

Hugibear Guest

Well I have over 2000 luck (if not more) when i kill something. Not max luck but hey it is pretty close. So to answer your first question yes. You need to stop hating, and realize how things work.

33. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Thats if luck actually works. I find it does little for loot. Seems hit and miss.

Now as far as good and bad. CRUS will be the good guys, and I guess we will need to RP the rest into position. TnT2 will clearly been the evil misfits!

34. Calyip

Calyip Guest

How could a dexer use 2000+ luck when killing high end mobs?

The artifact tunic thing is 200
    The necklace is 200
    jester hat is 150
    arms, legs, gloves are 420 when added together
    Jewelry is 200

So that's about 1200...plus a shield could be worn for an extra 40, and I heard there is a statue that gives some luck per year maxing at 700, so if one used a weapon with 140 I can fathom getting over 2000. But my question is how could someone use all of these pieces with the luck, and still have enough resist to not die in a single shot? I tried to kill dark wisps and I had 70 fire resist and got hit with a flame strike for mid 20s every time. I've been told the only mobs that give ok loot here are the new things with the latest expansion and CHAMPS, don't most of those things have 200 eval and stuff that would kill anyone wearing this gear in like.. a spell?

35. Hugibear

Hugibear Guest

1000 luck for perfection, 700 statue, 100 chest, 125 gloves, misc other luck pieces and still all 70s. That is over 2000 and I can just about kill anything. Granted I dont have the perfect weapon for doing this so I struggle a bit. But stuff like baracoon is simple, 4-5 minutes tops.

36. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Thats not even close to max luck. Max luck would be somewhere around 3400, so perhaps thats why youre not getting anything.

37. Mook Chessy

Mook Chessy Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Let me know the next time you go pvm with that suit, I hear lizardmen give spined.....lol

38. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Are you saying max luck on items is 3400 or are you adding the 1000 luck from Honor and statue?

39. Scuzzlebutt

Scuzzlebutt Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

40. Kael

Kael Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Sounds good man.....you got there last night about an hour too late to be able to get in on the fun...everything was just wrapping up

TNT2 had a good showing...we were fortunate to have outnumbered them. Hopefully though more will join their cause and we will be able to have some big field fights

I counted like 10-12 people fighting last night for a good hour and a bit almost non stop

41. Tiberius

Tiberius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

We should have more on tonight. I would say the first night went off fairly well.

42. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Im sad i missed it, but being a new dad, the son takes priority over UO.

....wait did I just say that?

43. Mogluk

Mogluk Guest

*feints*

44. I feel left out to Jesus.11pm was way to late for me, I waz :sleep2:

45. Troop

Troop Sage
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

I had a great time with the war tonight. It was nice to see so many people out and about. Thanks everyone. :thumbsup:

46. Tiberius

Tiberius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Another good night of fighting. V get yourself a war stone already; it was fun fighting you too, but you have no idea how much fighting you were missing.

47. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Tons of fun, guys! We haven't had this much fun in ages! :thumbsup:

48. Bruin

Bruin Guest

A hell of a lot of fun tonight. 3 straight hours of just going at it non stop, no bs househiding, no bs pets, no gankfests, nobody was afraid to die, just good old fashioned field fighting, even though we got our butts handed to us.

Who would have thought that fighting outside of factions could be soo much fun?

49. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

*waits* I will be out of factions in a day or two...

50. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Was the most pvp fun I have had in a long time.

I think each side had between 6-8 fighters and it was crazy trying to call targets. I gotta say, ya'll seemed more organized than us, but we are getting better already.