1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Broadsword team is seeking alternative castle designs! Learn more and discuss here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Broadsword is hosting a 20th Anniversary Party for UO this September! Learn more here. Will you be there, Guest?
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

Who else is playing?

Discussion in 'Legends of Aria General Discussion' started by DJAd, Feb 8, 2017.

1. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

So I've got setup and have started playing Shards Online for the alpha.

@cazador has been helping my noob ass out so thanks for that :)

I've seen a few other names I recognize in the shards discord channel @MalagAste @Nexus and I was just wondering who else is playing and how are you finding it?

2. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Oh yeah if anyone is signing up here is my referral link: Pledge :D:D

3. cazador

cazador Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Really enjoying it so far. Sanctuary server is really badass. I've got 3 more people to pledge. Looks very promising so far.

4. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Moderator Professional Stratics Veteran Wiki Moderator Stratics Legend

I don't get to play it as much as I'd like, but try to pop on now and then. Mainly I don't want to "learn" anything atm. Once we have things set up here to start publishing I want to be able to write from a new player perspective.

5. Tamais

Tamais Reporting for Lake Austin since April 2014
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Wiki Moderator Editor Campaign Patron

I've play off and on since the beginning. Need to update and start again. Can't remember which offical shard i play. But i'm tamais when i do

6. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I play when I can between all the other things I do... usually stay on the main server Aria or something I can't remember I'm terrible with names. But since there aren't any Dark Elves in the game yet if you do see my character her name is Emily Evans. She's a fair noob yet... working real hard to get gold to buy a larger house but I keep hearing there is a wipe coming so mostly just testing to see what I like and don't.

I'll say the taming that was on the main server stinks... none of the animals survive more than .5 seconds against anything at all and I don't have enough first aid to rez them... so that wasn't working well for me. Did try digging up a few chests that was fun... I've also been in a dungeon or two... so far haven't been PKed even on my trips to the outlands... but that's more likely the time of day that I play.

7. cazador

cazador Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

The server Sanctuary Legacy Beta is fun and completely different from Aria @Nexus give it a try. It uses UO skills not Shard skills so it's completely different.

8. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

It's a shame they are now doing a full wipe including characters. I will definitely be playing when it's out on Steam. I am very impressed with the game so far.

I like also how the devs get in the discord channel and in game with the players. I know it's because they have to promote the game as best they can but I hope they continue to interact with the players like this.

Herp! and cazador like this.
  9. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Moderator Professional Stratics Veteran Wiki Moderator Stratics Legend

Standard thing to do honestly. I'm not worried about it myself, and I'm looking forward to Steam as well.

Herp! and DJAd like this.
  10. Drakelord

Drakelord Babbling Loonie
    Governor Contributor Alumni

Shards online?

11. Nexus

Nexus Site Support

Yep

12. The Craftsman

The Craftsman Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Took a look at shards a good while back but dismisssed it due to world/server size issues ... it just didnt look like an MMO. Just heard its been rebranded with a much much bigger world so may well take a look and dive i with a pledge.

Hows it shaping up with the bigger map?

13. Zeph Wightfyre

Zeph Wightfyre Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

The new map isn't available to us yet, but from what we've seen it's looking great. There's going to be a live demo today on the Community Roundtable, if you're interested in tuning in. It'll be on twitch.tv/shardsonline

Testing resumes for the game on the 12th. Perfect time to pledge!

The Craftsman likes this.
  14. The Craftsman

The Craftsman Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks for the info!

15. Zeph Wightfyre

Zeph Wightfyre Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Who's planning to play this weekend? I've cleared my schedule. Haha.

16. Stimwalt

Stimwalt Visitor

I'm playing on Arcanima community server at the moment.