1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Who here remembers the Abyss Shard?!

Discussion in 'UHall' started by ohmyGED, Sep 17, 2010.

1. ohmyGED

ohmyGED Visitor

Jan 9, 2009
    The classic shard thread reminded me of one of the most joyous times of UO. A free for all shard, six (or eight) teams that played capture the flag. Each base was a castle that had a flag, and there was a central location at the Daemon Temple that led people to other bases. Each base had specific strengths. Man, that was so much fun!

Please, does anyone else remember this?

Bring this back during HALLOWEEN! PLEASE! Or FOREVER!

My one, and only request.

2. ChReuter

ChReuter Guest

I don't think it's something that would be truly possible with how UO works today. The time it takes to create an useable suit and weapons would just ruin it. Besides, the Abyss shard you refer to was the second to be created and ruined by the dev member who reworked it. ( IE: Placing a means to rez inside the castles) I prefer the original and those monster gates it had. Now that was a blast.

Can anyone remember the dev member who redid abyss and thus almost ruined the fun? I can't remember for the life of me. I just remember he seemed to be on the shard a lot, chatting it up.
  3. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

May 24, 2008
    They had fun shards for several holidays for a a year or two.

My personal favorite was "Farmageddon." Where there were farm animal gates or farmer gates.
  4. AesSedai

AesSedai Guest

- Interesting.. Jest.

- I recall that version of a Test shard; it seems to have been a good experiment.

Aye, interesting that you propose you have not made a request before and intriguing that you declare this to be your only (~final) request.

(I do not believe you ;))