1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Who is ginsu?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Sprago, Dec 19, 2008.

1. Sprago

Sprago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend IPKU

you didn't put a crafter in TB again did you TNT?

2. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

:fake:
    You mean "Who was Ginsu"?
    Rest in peace Ginsu

It sounds like someone making the a char with the name of Gisnu to **** of someone.

Some on this shard have no class

3. a ghoul

a ghoul Sage
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

ya i wonder who did it...o_O

4. Luka Melehan

Luka Melehan Certifiable
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Campaign Patron

did his son have access to his characters?

5. FrejaSP

Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Looks like a new char with no fame/karma

6. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Are you suggesting that the name "Ginsu" should be retired from any player's on Siege use?

Sorry, I know there were many on the shard who liked or knew him. But there were plenty of us who never interacted with him. To some of us, he was just another player on the shard. Sure it's sad he died, but at the same time, I mourned his loss as much as I do to other strangers in the world...not so much...la

7. FrejaSP

I doubt this char was made of someone who did not know about Ginsu, however if it happen to be a new Siege player, I would be ok with it.

8. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Personally, I don't care either way. It's not like they are fooling anyone to believe that they are the old Ginsu...la

9. Skylark SP

Skylark SP Available Storage: 0
    Stratics Veteran

Well...there is no need to assume any sinister intent just from the existence of the character. I have no idea who is using the char or for what purpose, but I do know that when I was building the memorial, I wanted a character statue of Ginsu and Aeric Horn to place in it. Although some of us had limited contact with Cliff's son, it was not practical to gain access to the actual accounts/characters to make the statues. A couple of players volunteered to make characters that resembled his originals as best we could determine from memory and old screenies. After we built the statues, and dedicated the memorial, I assumed the accounts were retired as that was their only purpose.

-Skylark

10. FrejaSP

Sure that could be the char, if that's the case, I'm sorry.

11. Hattori Hanzo

Hattori Hanzo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni TnT/TnA

About 8 months ago, I used a name change on a character of mine in order to create the statue of Ginsu used in the memorial. I thought at the time I should keep that character name just in case it is needed again and I was simply not using the charater.

Not thinking of the implications, I ran him for Faction Sigal points last week.

I have since realized I should change the name back and I did so Monday or Tuesday. Unfortunately, he still shows on the Ultima Online characters page.

I apologize for the grief this caused. It was a mistake of judgement and I hope you guys forgive me.