1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Who is the Greatest thief on Siege?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Spree, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Spree

Spree Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I having a contest to determine the best thief on the shard. The contest will start some time during the the week of the 15th and end on February 28th. Im not going to post the rules to the contest. Snoop around and you will find out how the contest will work.

2. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

This one is best thief.
    Maybe he does not have the best steals, but he is most handsome, and smells the best.

3. nightstalker22

nightstalker22 Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Hands down it is Chad Sexington! We steal peoples items, he steals the ladies hearts! ^^

4. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

Unless the contest is a bunch of artifacts/replicas being carried around by people, not interested.

The best thief is determined by reputation over time, not by stealing the most bandages (I stole 960 today!)

5. Black magick

Black magick Guest

Agreed on the first point, I think, however, that the best thieves are the ones who enjoy playing a thief and the ones who actually stick it out.

6. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Best thief that currently plays or best thief all time?

7. maybe i failed ninja school, but i thought the best thief was the one who never got caught, and hence, no one knows their name >.>

8. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

ah- let all arguments cease!
    We may all argue all day over whole might have stolen what, and when, and from whom.......
    But surely everyone agrees that this thief is most handsome, most nice smelling, most dashing. That, surely, must end argument?

9. ScottishHero

ScottishHero Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

If David Hasselhoff played Siege he'd be best

10. nightstalker22

nightstalker22 Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

This is greatest Thief category, not greatest Discord Bard.

11. ScottishHero

ScottishHero Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Quiet you!

Hasselhoff stole the hearts of millions, millions I tell you!

12. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Siege? I'm not sure. There was a kid who ran around on Chessy for ages and had a vanq, item blessed spear. He would steal from a mage, then come back and give them a dirt nap in about 3 hits. Always funny to watch.

13. garu

garu Guest

14. Nickster

Nickster Guest

There is no question about it... Chad Sexington!

15. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

rofl to this thread...la

16. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

*nods* I thought YOU were the best thief on Siege, long standing one, a no contest contest is what.. I figured. LOL meh !

17. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

*laughs*

NO no who was the guy that ripped off the pricey most wedding gift out of someone's backpack think it was Brook's.. in old Iantown, at that wedding.......ticked off lots of folks here on Siege mega like ticked em off.. when that happened...I figured it was a thief playin...........his role myself. . wasn't it Dave or something name ? :)

18. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

It's kinda hard to determine who the best thief is, unless all steals are shown, with explanations of how the steal went down. Personally, I couldn't care less as to who is thought of as the best Siege thief. It won't curb me towards stealing any differently than I have since I started playing here.

Depending on who the mark is, and the reason I am stealing from them will determine what I actually take. Many times I have stolen merely to flag out in the field as to create fun for myself. In most cases, I will return goods that have been stolen...but if there is incessant whining involved...I'll typically just bank it, take a few screen shots and move on. In other cases, if I see a chance to grab someone's garlic, or cure pots with a good chance to kill them...I'll do that. Other times, the marks will be determined by what skills I am running around with. Some days it's wrestling, so I am looking for items in hand to disarm steal...or other days, it will be detect...so I will go out looking for hidden players.

It used to be that I never stole from reds in town. Why? Because they have no way to protect themselves in town. Now, since the bulk of reds on the shard will attack me on sight and dry loot...they have driven me to steal from them on sight...even in town.

On the production shards, you have a wave of new thieves who basically scam trammies into uninsuring their items then stealing from them in the protection of their homes...*shrugs*...scamming has always seemed to be a bad way to play a game...especially when these players seem to covet only the high ticket items that they steal to resell on their vendors. It's sad. It used to be that thieves stole for the thrill of the chase...now? People play thieves to steal out of crates, steal artifacts off the ground or steal items that will make them UO rich...it's a sad day...la

19. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

Good luck on ye contest there Spree. No clue whom may be the best thief *depending on what sorts of stuffs* are stolen...ie crate or non crate thieves...as they are sort of labeled. . but I assume ya mean backpack pilferers. :)

I had a thief chr. way back in the day on Chessie pre tram..but alas Trammel came to be and...........he had very little employment after that, he even tried his hand at sigl stealing but it was joyless. Alas he was my form of Robin Hood stole from the filthy rich, and gave to the poor (like a then newbie orphan Queen) way back then. He also donated loots to the even poorer...twas fun till Tram came into being.

He still exits there but..has nothing to do on that shard. Just not into *crate* stealin so I never got into changin him... my poor chap which my son originally created back in the day with a name the victims never could remember....Dnepropetrovsk, just sits on the unemployment line on Chesapeake, to this day still gets accused for pilfering peeps stuff gets cursed at.. even when he does nothing but shout *bank* at a local bank. I guess he does not look too trustworthy poor chap. LOL

Hope your contest is a success. :):D

20. Spree

Spree Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Tonight you can start looking for the rules.

21. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

This one fully concurs. Stealing by pick-pocketing, and getting away- that is fun sport! Scamming and tricking people- that would leave bad taste. Should not even be mentioned in same sentence as stealing.

22. ScottishHero

ScottishHero Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Aye Dave, was with me in SP!