1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Who thinks ....

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Asmodeus SP, Dec 22, 2007.

1. Asmodeus SP

Asmodeus SP Guest

dismount should be removed from this game?

I would fight a 6 v 2 or hell even a 10 v 2 as along as there is no dismount. When you are outnumbered and people still use dismount its completely sad.

2. Sir Ha-ward

Sir Ha-ward Guest

Hell id go for that

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Who thinks? At this unearthly hour?

Not I, sir. Not I.

Now, what's for breakfast?

4. AntiOTF

AntiOTF Guest

I think it's never gonna happen, and is the reason everyone is leaving more and more everyday. let's just forget about it, this is the new siege. It is what it is.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

i think removing dismount is as wrong as the way it currently works.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Dismount is not the problem, it never has been. Nor is archery, or stealth. The problem is the skill of ninjitsu..it makes all the above skills to powerful. Get rid of the ninja, and those other skills are back in line to what they used to be.

7. Kat SP

Kat SP Guest

Ninjitsu has already been nerfed enough. You don't seen anyone here crying about anything that has to do with Ninjitsu.

My solution: Remove dismount special move from the heavy crossbow and allow only bola's to be used to dismount. Anyone using a bola must have GM tactics and will be revealed when they begin to swing the bola, instead of when it is thrown.

End of problem.

Bola's are still useful, but not so overpowered.

Dismount archers hardly ever miss if they wear enough HCI. Then they repeatedly hit you without missing. Just remove that special and put another on the heavy.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

No one is complaining about ninjitsu because they don't understand what is causing dissmount to be so powerful...yes it all has to do with the ninja...

if you can dissmount someone and go poof with no danger of being killed, then of course people will dissmount, try doing it when you have to be 8 tiles away from a group to get a hide performed, instead of smoke bombing and your amount of dismounters will drop. It takes skill to dismount and survive with no ninja skill.

9. bah!!! .... before peopel were using dismounters they were complaining they couldn't dismount..... and that a fight would start and the "enemy" would just hightail it away....
    fighting one dismounter is not the problem its fighting the dismounters and pets coming after it....mixing pets+stealth w/ or w/o dismount is usually the decider.

taming is a wonderful skill its difficult, its challengeing and its fun ... but its also used as a combat skill, but it is not subject to many of the strictures that come with that.

I would propose that a change be made to taming. to move it away from a "text" or speech based usage, there are 5 or 6 commands taht could be "turned" into spells with a mana cost and casting time with a difficulty rating. make the pet ball an item that must be used like a wand (i think fire horns and such should be the same). bring the taming skill in line with all the other skills used in combat, I think would help to alleviate much of the consternation people have with the current PvP system.

10. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Ya and after we nerf taming, lets work on the fact that a mage can cast and never fail a spell while in combat. Seems abit odd that i can stand next to a mage and fail to hit him maybe four times outta ten and the mage just has to "time" his spells. How about doin more for magic resist which would appear to be a warriors only defense against a mage/necro. Seems like a big waste of 120 skill points if ya ask me.

11. Kat SP

Kat SP Guest

<blockquote><hr>

No one is complaining about ninjitsu because they don't understand what is causing dissmount to be so powerful...yes it all has to do with the ninja...

if you can dissmount someone and go poof with no danger of being killed, then of course people will dissmount, try doing it when you have to be 8 tiles away from a group to get a hide performed, instead of smoke bombing and your amount of dismounters will drop. It takes skill to dismount and survive with no ninja skill.

[/ QUOTE ]

It takes a bit of skill either way, but there are plenty of counters to reveal/kill anyone who uses a smoke bomb or hides. Saying that ninja's are in no danger of being killed is just ridiculous. Most mages seem to overlook the power of chain lightning and thats just one of several things that can wreak havoc in the game of a stealther, but again.... read this thread and the others like it. The complaints are about dismounting, not hiding, smoke bombs or ninjitsu.

Anyway, if you dislike the smoke bombing, ninja, hiders so much, add to your team a dedicated tracker/revealer and your problem is easily solved, presuming someone on your team can kill them once they are revealed.

12. yes that is a worry I think and its a strong issue... and the reason that is sucha strong issue is the prevalence of "mage weapons". I would like to see mages be mages not run around with staff/swords effectively gaining 120 skill on dexxers.

all templates are going to have some strengths.. but I don't think anyone can argue the strength of the taming templates right now. I am not saying to take away those strengths I am saying bring them in line with other combat skills... what if you could make your crossbow just attack someone with the words all kill... thats effectively what it is.. to use that weapon ie your pet you should be having to use specials and mana such just liek the rest of us.

many other PvP templates have to plan and stagger there stats to allow for mana and hitpoints ... and speed of swing. A full on tamer has no need of that. his stats are usually determined by his other skills (ie all str and int for use of a mage weapon or all dex for use with heavy xbow and aids)

right now I see taming as the [censored] step child that is not following any of the other rules taht we have to follow....

I hope you understand I am not saying nerf the pet or taming in general in so much as I am saying to make it follow the same rules we all do...

13. AntiOTF

AntiOTF Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Ninjitsu has already been nerfed enough. You don't seen anyone here crying about anything that has to do with Ninjitsu.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, stealthing in animal form is quite ridiculous. But you're right, it has nothing to do with being dismounted and bitten to death in ***1*** bite.

14. Guest

Guest Guest

Could have pets respond to player characters as they go against Golems and other mechanical types. Pets won't obey if commanded to attack, but will defend their owner if he is attacked if so commanded.

Of course the pet would not defend if their owner initiates the attack.

But then, all this is mute, since the Devs don't bother listening to people who ACTUALLY play the game.

15. AntiOTF

AntiOTF Guest

<blockquote><hr>

End of problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it's not the end of problem, it's a start in the right direction, but certainly nowhere near the end. Rune beetles are still overpowered. Take those things outta the game, then it's the end of problem.

16. AntiOTF

AntiOTF Guest

<blockquote><hr>

taming is a wonderful skill its difficult, its challengeing and its fun

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is exactly why we have such a low population, cause everyone thinks it's fun to watch their rune beetle bite someone to death in 1 bite. *shakes head*

17. AntiOTF

AntiOTF Guest

<blockquote><hr>

How about doin more for magic resist which would appear to be a warriors only defense against a mage/necro. Seems like a big waste of 120 skill points if ya ask me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Diggit.

18. AntiOTF

AntiOTF Guest

<blockquote><hr>

right now I see taming as the [censored] step child that is not following any of the other rules taht we have to follow....

I hope you understand I am not saying nerf the pet or taming in general in so much as I am saying to make it follow the same rules we all do...

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is why I think tamers should have to bless their pet. Why should they have 3 bless items to our 1?

19. Trolls T Hunter

Stratics Veteran

The fact that someone is saying they would fight 2 on 8 without dismount points to the fact its to easy to just run from someone.

20. AntiOTF

AntiOTF Guest

<blockquote><hr>

The fact that someone is saying they would fight 2 on 8 without dismount points to the fact its to easy to just run from someone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well people been "running from someone" since the beginning of UO, and it never caused 10 year vets to hang it up as the ridiculous dismount 1 bite gank has.

Edit: I'm really surprised that more people don't see the runebeetle is the "biggest" problem here. This really surprises me. You can dismount me all you want, but if you've got chickens attacking me, it won't be a problem to me, but a runebeetle attacking someone on foot is comical when he cast 2 screens away and 1 bite kills. Think about it.. a runebeetle is like a maxed out bushido warrior and maxed out scribe mage all in one. And he's blessed to boot! *shakes head*

Anytime you've got people like Twilight running around actually, really, believing he's good at pvp, then you know something is wrong with the system.

21. Guest

Guest Guest

I have read other threads, but they don't understand the problem. Much like you. Stealth is fine, dissmount is fine, add a smoke bomb with ninja...and now its 100% harder to kill the person, as they turn into a mouse/rat/dog whatever and scamper away.

Get rid of the ninja and no one has a problem with dissmount or stealth.

22. Asmodeus SP

Asmodeus SP Guest

All this talk about ninjas and beetles is mute. The fact remains if you are outnumbered and no one has ninja but you still get dismounted from a stealth tamer who has pets with them is complete bull!@#$. Makes the eagerness of people to fight decrease and hence ruin pvp. Like I said if I knew I couldn't dismounted by some gimp I would fight completely outnumbered even if there was 5 tamers all with beetles. No dismount gives a fighting chance for people to have fair and fun pvp and make UO and enjoyable game again. Period.

23. AntiOTF

AntiOTF Guest

<blockquote><hr>

All this talk about ninjas and beetles is mute. The fact remains if you are outnumbered and no one has ninja but you still get dismounted from a stealth tamer who has pets with them is complete bull!@#$. Makes the eagerness of people to fight decrease and hence ruin pvp. Like I said if I knew I couldn't dismounted by some gimp I would fight completely outnumbered even if there was 5 tamers all with beetles. No dismount gives a fighting chance for people to have fair and fun pvp and make UO and enjoyable game again. Period.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dismount tamers have been around for some time, but the only difference is they didn't have animals as powerful as they are today. *Beetles*... hello...

Hell Corwin been dimounting for years, but Corwin never had a beetle, which is why no one complained about his dismounting the way they are complaining and leaving the game today. As I said before, you can dismount me all day if you have 5 chickens and birds attacking me, but when you dismount me with a beetle, it's game over. And I know for a fact you were around when we had dismounts, but no super natural pets, and I never once seen you make a thread complaining about it, so try and act like you don't understand all you want, but you and I both know it's true. Get rid of "super pets", reduce pet damage in pvp, or make them use their siege bless on them.

24. Guest

Guest Guest

They just need to make it so you CAN'T dismount from stealth.

Plus make it that you CANT change into animal form for 20 seconds after doing a speacil move.

It'd be nice to if they made it so that if you have taming skills you can't dismount.

The biggest problem is not one that any of the above can fix. The biggest problem is that the stealther dismounters are just trammies on this shard, they just stealth around until they find a target then call in 5 other people before attacking.

Or the rest of the pvpers who rely on dismounters just find fights, and barely try to fight, they just stay alive long enough to have dismounters show up. and thats why its necessary to kill the template style cause gimps will always rather be gimps than actually have to fight.

25. i agree the dismount ability should not be able to be toggled while hidden... thats an easy fix similar to what they did when the took away toggled specials and spells.

26. AntiOTF

AntiOTF Guest

Ok, let's say you can see the dismounters before they actually dismount you, but once you get dismounted, and i assure you, you'll be dismounted again before you quit the game, you're still toast to the beetle. Got a plan to escape 3 beetles on foot? I'd like to hear it.

27. The Heavy Crossbow "dismount" move should be changed to the "Force Arrow" move like is on the Elven Composite Longbow...
    Force Arrow - The archer focuses their will into an arrow of pure force, dazing their enemy.Dazed enemies are temporarily easier to hit, and sometimes forget who they are attacking.

Dismounting from a distance is to powerfull, dismounting with the Melee Polearms and Bolas should be left in, both are much harder to preform on a mobile target and leave the dismounter much more open to attack.

As far as Pets go.......I dont know what to say, something needs to be done, but the Tamer should be able to defend himself, just not have the power he has now. Beetles are the worst but shouldnt be removed from the game, Dragons and Bakes can be as Deadly 2-3-4 -X- Flamestriking you sometimes over a screen away.(the pets go by the same Casting Rules as Untamed Monsters which seems to be uncapped and uneffected by casting times and distance)Maybe Tamed Pets casting and movement in PVP should be the Main Target? along with a Pet Ball Timer(20 Seconds and 10 Mana per use)

Stealth Tamers in Dog form and running Bloodwood HPR + 2 Armor needs to be addressed also, I like the Wooden Armor, but I think you should have to have a minimum 100 Stealth to be able to Steath in it.

Smoke Bombs and Pet Balls need a 20 second timer...and the pet ball needs a 10 mana usage like the smoke bomb uses.

Resist Spells needs to decrease Spell Damage according to the Skill Level,
    0-Resist Spells would add +10% to Spell Damage,20(human or Real) would be no plus or minus to SDI and 120 Resist Spells would Decrease Spell Damage 15% scaled up from the negative according to Skill Level.
    *It would Retain its current form of resisting Debuffs(poison/Curse) according to Skill Level.*

Wrestling needs to be boosted to encourage the use of 120 skill versus using a SCNP Mage Weapon, increase the chance to cast when being hit and the Damage, and the Swing Rate.

Magery and Necro either needs another skill added to the Base Templets or something to bring it inline with other Base Templets...
    Mage, Eval, Med= Damage,Healing,Buffs/Debuffs, Area Effects, Limited Hiding(mage invis), Summons and Fields. (you have to admit its pretty damn powerfull,the Game didnt get Nicknamed "Mages Online" for nothing)
    Taking into consideration they are limited to mana to use any Spell, and a warrior can continue to swing/shoot reguardless of mana, stamina at 0 would slow it but not stop swings/shots.
    Mana Regeneration should be slightly Increased and the chance to Meditate at low Mana Increased again slightly......but only if they Seperate Magery into 2 Forms and add Eval to Necro linked to half the spells and making SS linked to the other half of the spells and a Healer, 1.Direct Damage Spells and 2.Buff/Debuff-Area Effect/Field *Necro needs a few more spells to bring it in-line with Magery, a mode of transportation would be nice for starters..*
    120 Magery-Direct Damage
    120 Magery-Area/Field/Buff/Debuff
    120 Eval Int-SDI
    120 Meditate-Increased
    120 Resist Spells-Increased
    120 Wrestle(increased)/Wep Skill or 0-Skill SCNP Mage Wep and (Focus,Scribe,Parry,Poison,Spellweave,ETC.

120 Necro-Increased Amount of Spells(decrease the mana used on Necro spells)
    120 Eval-linked to direct Damage Spells
    120 SS-linked to Blood Oath, Evil Omen Etc.
    120 Meditate-Increased
    120 Wrestle(increased)/Wep Skill

This would make the Overpowered Necro-Mage and Pure Mages running a 0-SCNP Mage Wep give up something like the Overpowered Bushido Templets did and the Deathstriking Archers did, and it would keep everyone from running a Necro Warrior without giving something up for Tactics.

*Id prefer discussion but Flame Away, I think I Hit everyone upside the Head including myself with a pillowcase of full Coke Cans*
    -and since only the First topic is on topic with this post, the rest is responding to other posts and other things needing to be addressed, I could post this as a main Post and Not a response.

28. Guest

Guest Guest

They just need to remove the whole ninja form+speed thing, its really stupid to have a spell that doesnt take as long as mounting an ethy to be able to run, plus you never should of been able to run while stealthed and move around that fast hidden.

29. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

The Heavy Crossbow "dismount" move should be changed to the "Force Arrow" move like is on the Elven Composite Longbow...
    Force Arrow - The archer focuses their will into an arrow of pure force, dazing their enemy.Dazed enemies are temporarily easier to hit, and sometimes forget who they are attacking.

Dismounting from a distance is to powerfull, dismounting with the Melee Polearms and Bolas should be left in, both are much harder to preform on a mobile target and leave the dismounter much more open to attack.

As far as Pets go.......I dont know what to say, something needs to be done, but the Tamer should be able to defend himself, just not have the power he has now. Beetles are the worst but shouldnt be removed from the game, Dragons and Bakes can be as Deadly 2-3-4 -X- Flamestriking you sometimes over a screen away.(the pets go by the same Casting Rules as Untamed Monsters which seems to be uncapped and uneffected by casting times and distance)Maybe Tamed Pets casting and movement in PVP should be the Main Target? along with a Pet Ball Timer(20 Seconds and 10 Mana per use)

Stealth Tamers in Dog form and running Bloodwood HPR + 2 Armor needs to be addressed also, I like the Wooden Armor, but I think you should have to have a minimum 100 Stealth to be able to Steath in it.

Smoke Bombs and Pet Balls need a 20 second timer...and the pet ball needs a 10 mana usage like the smoke bomb uses.

Resist Spells needs to decrease Spell Damage according to the Skill Level,
    0-Resist Spells would add +10% to Spell Damage,20(human or Real) would be no plus or minus to SDI and 120 Resist Spells would Decrease Spell Damage 15% scaled up from the negative according to Skill Level.
    *It would Retain its current form of resisting Debuffs(poison/Curse) according to Skill Level.*

Wrestling needs to be boosted to encourage the use of 120 skill versus using a SCNP Mage Weapon, increase the chance to cast when being hit and the Damage, and the Swing Rate.

Magery and Necro either needs another skill added to the Base Templets or something to bring it inline with other Base Templets...
    Mage, Eval, Med= Damage,Healing,Buffs/Debuffs, Area Effects, Limited Hiding(mage invis), Summons and Fields. (you have to admit its pretty damn powerfull,the Game didnt get Nicknamed "Mages Online" for nothing)
    Taking into consideration they are limited to mana to use any Spell, and a warrior can continue to swing/shoot reguardless of mana, stamina at 0 would slow it but not stop swings/shots.
    Mana Regeneration should be slightly Increased and the chance to Meditate at low Mana Increased again slightly......but only if they Seperate Magery into 2 Forms and add Eval to Necro linked to half the spells and making SS linked to the other half of the spells and a Healer, 1.Direct Damage Spells and 2.Buff/Debuff-Area Effect/Field *Necro needs a few more spells to bring it in-line with Magery, a mode of transportation would be nice for starters..*
    120 Magery-Direct Damage
    120 Magery-Area/Field/Buff/Debuff
    120 Eval Int-SDI
    120 Meditate-Increased
    120 Wrestle(increased)/Wep Skill or 0-Skill SCNP Mage Wep and (Focus,Scribe,Parry,Poison,Spellweave,ETC.

120 Necro-Increased Amount of Spells(decrease the mana used on Necro spells)
    120 Eval-linked to direct Damage Spells
    120 SS-linked to Blood Oath, Evil Omen Etc.
    120 Meditate-Increased
    120 Wrestle(increased)/Wep Skill

This would make the Overpowered Necro-Mage and Pure Mages running a 0-SCNP Mage Wep give up something like the Overpowered Bushido Templets did and the Deathstriking Archers did, and it would keep everyone from running a Necro Warrior without giving something up for Tactics.

*Id prefer discussion but Flame Away, I think I Hit everyone upside the Head including myself with a pillowcase of full Coke Cans*
    -and since only the First topic is on topic with this post, the rest is responding to other posts and other things needing to be addressed, I could post this as a main Post and Not a response.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like everything up until the magery/necro part. They just need to do something about mage weapon -0, they need to be AT LEAST 20 except maybe on the staff of magi. WIth all the staff of pyros around and swords of prosperity its really easy to run this template.

I also like the idea about wrestling, i think at high enough wrestle that you should have a % to not fizzle a spell even when you get hit. So you would be less worried about having to stop and cast greater heal when you got a high damage hitter on your ass.

30. The "Mana Dump" from one Mage let alone 2 in the 2-3 seconds it takes to get it off is insane, maybe the resist spells boost would help with that and get all these "no resist" Templets to take a Real Penalty.
    But Id bet the Damage Output per Second would still be way out of whack with other templets besides the Tamers Pets. * Flamestrikes UP*

31. Guest

Guest Guest

well something REALLY needs to be done about hit point regen.

I just ran into Dyno who is sporting dog form+max Hit Point Regen and he literally did not have to have use any form of healing other than pots and HPR. We had 2 necros on him, strangled, reverant, and 2 EV's and he just ran in circles never reaching below 1/2 life. That HPR is some [censored].

32. I really do think The Resist Spells boost would make huge difference for everyone, and maybe it would be enough to lessen the power of magery.

But I honestly think spliting the Spells up into 2 forms of Magery would equalize Magery Based Templets with every other templet out there that has to be weak somewhere. Most lose Tactics, Resist, Parry, Meditation, the only ones I can think of off hand that dont lose something would be a Chiv templet, or a Chiv-Bush Archer.
    Scribe,Mage,Eval,Med,Resist,Wrestle-not counting 0-SCNP Mage weps, is Flawless and its a "Ranged Templet" ta boot, at the very least by seperating the spells into 2 skills, it would make a Mage choose 1 or drop scribe or something to be weak at some point in the templet.

* And im not just picking on mages, I think All of the other Above stuff I posted should be done also, Especially the Dismount and Tamer Parts. I think I also buffed mages a bit by Med,Wrestle and Resist Changes.*

33. <blockquote><hr>

well something REALLY needs to be done about hit point regen.

I just ran into Dyno who is sporting dog form+max Hit Point Regen and he literally did not have to have use any form of healing other than pots and HPR. We had 2 necros on him, strangled, reverant, and 2 EV's and he just ran in circles never reaching below 1/2 life. That HPR is some [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats one of the Templets that is just plain Ole Insane!
    Dog Form+ HPR Armor or Braclet of Health+ Smoke Bombs+ Pet Balls+ Pets+ Self Rez- If that Templet isnt Nerfed all to hell and back by the Devs in the next Year they deserve everything Bad that happens to them and this Game. Its a No-Brainer to wipe this templet from the Game....

34. <blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

It takes a bit of skill either way, but there are plenty of counters to reveal/kill anyone who uses a smoke bomb or hides. Saying that ninja's are in no danger of being killed is just ridiculous. Most mages seem to overlook the power of chain lightning and thats just one of several things that can wreak havoc in the game of a stealther, but again.... read this thread and the others like it. The complaints are about dismounting, not hiding, smoke bombs or ninjitsu.

Anyway, if you dislike the smoke bombing, ninja, hiders so much, add to your team a dedicated tracker/revealer and your problem is easily solved, presuming someone on your team can kill them once they are revealed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't but do agree with both of you. Neither of you really hit the nail on the head.

The problem is archery and ranged dismount - remove it from archery entirely. If someone has the ability to stealth RIGHT up to me and dismount me... then kudos, they deserve to dismount me... its strategic, hard and well deserved.

The next problem is not smokebombs but stealth... having the ability to stealth directly after hiding is stupid.

The next problem is detect hidden (the last time I checked which was 11 months ago and I have not seen any patch notes/nothing indicating it's changed) is that magery + detect hidden should make the magery "reveal" spell work properly. No delay in revealing.

the next problem is petballs... there should be a 10second delay between summonings.... either that or make it act like a spell where the character is frozen for several seconds while summoning his/her pet. Also pet balls should NOT work when summoning a dead pet. You have to go get it or log out and back in to retrieve it.

the next problem is logging out to retrieve pets cheaply and rather abusively which this was never designed to be used for. If you log out and back in your pet should be placed into your stables (if alive) and if dead it should be allowed to return to you (if you are not flagged an aggressor... in which case the pet would stay put and you can retrieve it after you've unflagged.)

the next problem is the necromancy spell "exorcism" and how it should work with pets... if a pet dies on the battle field and a necromancer exorcises the ghost, it should be teleported to a random place in Britannia (out of the current server.)

the next problem is gate travel... sacred journey and gating in wraith form should be allowed. Gating in reaper form should also be allowed. If a character chooses to forsake any of these skills then they can hoof it.

items stolen by thieves should not be blessed... ever, unless they bless the item themselves.

Houses placed should drop a "master key" in the owners backpack... if you want the house to be private, then you lock your door. The invisible forcefield around private homes needs to go... murderers/criminals/aggressors like the old days cannot ban people from the house either. Teleporters will always carry an "anyone access level" and the master key can be duplicated (by a tinker) and be able to lock/unlock any door placed in the house.

Sacrifice self res - resurrects you but all of your belongings remain on your corpse.

Removal of instanced corpses... you have to go and loot your corpses piece by piece just as I do.

finally, and no one will agree with me here but murderers/criminals should suffer a 5minute temporary stat loss when dying to a blue player. If you want to take the time out and macro off counts so you can murder 4 people every 160 hours of game time... by all means go for it. It's your own version of time-out. Blue players are blue because they do not murder innocent people... there is no need for them to suffer any kind of stat loss for obeying Britannias laws even if they don't agree with them. There isn't a reason ANYONE can give me that you "had to go red" and I challenge anyone to try.

Of course, killing/dying to someone who is orange, green or grey will not yield stat loss...

There... you have it. PvP would be for the most part... fixed.

Oh yeah and one more thing... beneficial acts needs to be fixed. Dueling with friends and even guildmates anymore isn't even fun. They've managed to kill one of the most beloved aspects of this game just to appease a few idiots.

35. eeleye

eeleye Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

not me.

why not just rename the game to uomebigtimecauseimamage!

36. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

not me.

why not just rename the game to uomebigtimecauseimamage!

[/ QUOTE ]

because it doesnt fit on a box.

37. pikon198

pikon198 Guest

i like dismount, uo would suck without it.

now discuss with your peers during coffee time. [​IMG]

38. AntiOTF

AntiOTF Guest

What is ax hp regen minus the dog form?

39. AntiOTF

AntiOTF Guest

And necro needs to be nerfed again!! Running around after you yesterday while you dropped dot spells made me very sad, even with 60ish poison resist, and chugging TR pots like it was candy, that damn strangle dropped me like a bad habbit. Please devs, nerf necros!!! [​IMG]

40. Jason619

Jason619 Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Houses placed should drop a "master key" in the owners backpack... if you want the house to be private, then you lock your door. The invisible forcefield around private homes needs to go... murderers/criminals/aggressors like the old days cannot ban people from the house either. Teleporters will always carry an "anyone access level" and the master key can be duplicated (by a tinker) and be able to lock/unlock any door placed in the house.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree with most of what u said but this. They should just stop combat into and out of houses(combat by two players inside is okay for duels). Unless the house key is blessed, all that's going to do is create gank squads to steal people's house keys.

41. Jason619

Jason619 Guest

<blockquote><hr>

What is ax hp regen minus the dog form?

[/ QUOTE ]

42. Guest

Guest Guest

Solve the problem with speed hacking and the pen casting trick and then people wont need dismounters...now there's a fix for ya!

43. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

yea ok.

44. Nerf-Herder

Nerf-Herder Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Solve the problem with speed hacking and the pen casting trick and then people wont need dismounters...now there's a fix for ya!

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't speed hack and I don't know about the pen casting crap. Hows about you little babies grow a pair and [censored] fight my noob ass without dismounters and pets.

Srsly...

I am the worst PvP mage on the shard. If you need to gank me, "all kill" me, or run home to drink mommies little pre-patch potion eNaRgEee stufffs... well... maybe you get the point.

45. Guest

Guest Guest

you gotta take into consideration that not all dismounters are tamers.

46. <blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
    ehhhhh.I could actually see this being cool as long as chests/containers/lockdowns can still be 'mystically' secured like now.

47. AntiOTF

AntiOTF Guest

<blockquote><hr>

pen casting trick

[/ QUOTE ]

*scratches head*

48. Spree

Spree Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Remove the dismounts from the xbow, You can still dismount with a lance on foot. Remove bola balls from the craftable items and make people hunt Savages for them like they used to.

49. <blockquote><hr>

Remove the dismounts from the xbow, You can still dismount with a lance on foot. Remove bola balls from the craftable items and make people hunt Savages for them like they used to.

[/ QUOTE ]
    I think it is better having bolas be craftable. I figure every 'finished good' should be crafted and not monster looted. I think bolas are okay as they are, but I do think they should fix the trick where you can cast the bola on a wall so that the next time you use it it will not show the prep message.
    And maybe do as a previous poster suggested and make prepping the bolas reveal you.

50. Spree

Spree Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

The balls are loot like they used to be. you need 3 to craft one. this way it cuts down on the number of bolas. They all so should be comsumed when used.