1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Why are the New Beds Uncraftable?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Schatzi, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Schatzi

Schatzi Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Ok, Why are the new beds not craftable? Why should these be rare?

#1 Schatzi, Jun 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2013
  2. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I have no clue.... Guess they don't want us to color them. Rather disappointing if you ask me.

3. Stranger

Stranger Lord of the Dance
    Stratics Veteran

Maybe because it's called the King's Collection? So the beds are only for the rich kings and not the common peasants? Have you felt the sheets? This is not the work of an ordinary tailor. No, I believe these are produced in some factory on some sort of expensive machinery. I think some NPC out there has 140.0 tailoring. That's how soft this bed is! Plus I don't think it's a spring mattress. It's one of those fancy foam mattresses. Made by a 120.0 skilled alchemist. And umm the pillows are stuffed with golden feathers? From golden birds only controllable by a 140.0 tamer? Shed daily and not beaten and battered with blood? And the wood frame and posts are made from trees grown in the Kings garden? Only workable by 120.0 carpenters? So we normal crafters just aren't up to the task.

Either that or they were just looking for a way to make purchasing the theme pack more appealing? :rolleyes:

FrejaSP, Sean, Tjalle and 8 others like this.
  4. Schatzi

Schatzi Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

5. Schatzi

Schatzi Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Seriously though I hope a team member will respond...I would love to have a couple more sets..BUT I will
    not pay 9.99 twice for them.
    Also, why no list for additional turnins? We were told a couple months ago about this.

6. MalagAste

Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

You can't..... well you can pay them twice but they won't give you a second code.

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  7. Felonious Monk

Stratics Veteran

We cant craft them because they like selling things.......

startle likes this.
  8. startle

startle Siege... Where the fun begins.
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Gilfane

Omg... could that be true? No way... If they really liked selling things, then they would make the process very simple and easy to do... And, well, that's certainly NOT the case... I think Stranger is right...
    Although I'm not certain about the King's Garden part... I think they came from that way giant Yew tree...:confused:

#8 startle, Jun 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2013
    Sauteed Onion likes this.
  9. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

That led me to test something - and it seems crafted dyes, at least, work on some of the King's collection items in deed form. Tried blue on one of the beds, and yellow on one of the sponges...

[​IMG]

Plant dyes also work on the deed-form craftables, and the new chair. Not been able to test cleanup or Tokuno pigments, but I can see no reason they would not work either.

Furniture dye tub also works on deed form furniture items....

#9 Aurelius, Jun 25, 2013
    Frarc likes this.
  10. Orgional Farimir

Orgional Farimir Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Maybe they are trying to stop the spread of bed bugs.

11. MalagAste

That's good to know did you try placing it then taking it up and re-dying it? Can they be re-dyed?

12. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie

Yep, placed it, then wondered and tested, and found dye worked on it - unlike other stuff in the past where if you did not dye it before first placing, it was 'undyeable'. Not tried to re-dye again, but will in a few minutes and see if it works, I suspect it should..

Edit : And it works fine, redeeded the blue bed, used the furniture tub on the deed, and it's now red....

#12 Aurelius, Jun 25, 2013
  13. MalagAste

That would be a MAJOR Plus.

14. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie

Works just fine using the furniture tub, so I reckon dyes would be the same too.

15. MalagAste

Good to know thank you for testing that!

16. Stranger

Stratics Veteran

Which of course requires 120.0 lumberjacking and a hatchet made by a 120.0 tinkerer ;)

If they were smart...they would give the beds away for free and sell bed bug traps and sprays on the Origin store for $4.99 each :lol:

17. Schatzi

Schatzi Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

If they were smarter they would allow us to craft them, we pay 9.99 for a few additional
    Crafted items, oh and some uncraftable items. I guess I seem bitter but damn Ea some of us have
    Been playing since beta and have forked over thousands of dollars over the years. I want beds that are
    Awesome in all of my houses. :(

18. Stranger

Stratics Veteran

Ok EA/UO Devs. You just made this person sad. I demand you make the new beds craftable. If you insist on keeping them 'exclusive' or whatever then make them only placeable if your account is entitled or something. But at least let us craft extras! What a stupid thing to only give us one of. Your punishing players who own multiple accounts for houses that give you extra monthly income by forcing them to pay another $10 for a 2nd bed? And then another $10 for a 3rd? Pffft! It's not even game breaking.
    Should of made a game breaking limited time only 500 Luck Crown if you wanted people to be forced to buy multiple copies for a neat item. :rolleyes2:
    Oh dang I shouldn't be giving them ideas...
    Can they at least buy another bed for $0.45? $9.99 Divided by 22 exclusive items equals $0.45 per item.
    How about a new type of heritage token? A 10 pack for $4.99? So they can select all 10 beds?
    Ugh...just make them craftable. And come up with some real reasons for us to buy stuff.