1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Why are there no town criers?

Discussion in 'UO Developer Feed' started by UODevTracker, Dec 19, 2010.

1. UODevTracker

UODevTracker Guest

2. BTeng_Mythic

BTeng_Mythic UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran

They're definitely around. I just checked Atlantic. There are roughly 1-2 in most (not all) cities.

3. BTeng_Mythic

BTeng_Mythic UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran

Ah, there were some town criers hired by Al Wilson of the Moonglow Royal Zoo that focused exclusively on the great turkey invasion of last month and were not part of the "official" town crier organization. For those with the Sherry statues, you'll notice it never spoke of any foul fowls running amok. Since the turkeys have moved on, so have these rent-a-criers.

Anyway, I just went to Catskills as well took five minutes to recall and gallop around and found three town criers. They're around. That's all I can say.

4. BTeng_Mythic

BTeng_Mythic UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran

No. To pull the curtain away for a minute, the respawner kicked in during the publish and the town criers were placed in random parts of each town (not necessarily near banks). Yes, their locations are less than optimal and that will be addressed, but with the publish out, it can't be addressed immediately. In the meantime, I am confirming that the statement "there are no town criers on my shard" is false and that they are not difficult to locate if time was spent exploring each of the towns.