1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Why are these missing from the beta signup?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by rage1110, May 8, 2009.

1. rage1110

rage1110 Guest

My wife and I signed up for the stygian abyss beta today. During signup I noticed when putting the system specs in that certain specs where missing that I think should have been included.

1. No Core i7 listing, I had to put unknown/other for this
    2. No 2.2 GHz speed many AMD processors from Athlon XP to Phenom ran at this speed and so do mobile Intel core 2 duo's
    3. No Vista 64 but it does list XP 64
    4. No discreet video cards for laptop like my laptop I play on sometimes a Nvidia 9800 GS mobile.

I was just wondering about this, I am sure other people have noticed other things missing.
  2. The Craftsman

The Craftsman Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

May 14, 2008
    Come now .. you dont really expect EA to do their research and actually do something thoroughly, properly and professionally do you? Tsk.
  3. Just pick whats closest to your specs or choose "other".

If they listed every possible combination of hardware the lists would be a mile long.

Besides, if its like the other betas you'll submit an EAsy Info if you are accepted. It will show what hardware you have.
  4. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

Mar 18, 2003
    Hate to break it to you, but that Easy Info is not "submitted", it's taken....but still, no biggie.
  5. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Mar 18, 2004
    they did not have one of my video cards listed i just chose what was close
  6. What do you mean taken?

I was asked to attach mine in an email if I chose to participate.
  7. I'd assume the reason behind the intel i7 cores aren't apart of the criteria because

1) if you have one, why wouldn't you be able to play UO
    2) they're pretty new and not mainstream
    3) any core over 2ghz should be perfectly fine handling the new client.
  8. Vexxed

Vexxed Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

May 14, 2008
    The Question that got me was list your CPU speed.... but they didn't let have anyway to pick Dual / Quad cores etc...
  9. Arch Magus

Arch Magus Guest

who cares?
  10. I dont.

Unless it was something I wanted an answer for.
  11. rage1110

rage1110 Guest

Well if I was going to choose a range of hardware to test a game on I would want to include the newest hardware in that range seeing how it is an architecture that future CPU's will be based on. The architecture may not be mainstream yet but in another year or two they will as people upgrade from older/slower machines for various reasons. I agree any processor over 2 Ghz "should" be able to run the client fine, but since it is a newer architecture and does things differently than Core 2/Conroe/Penryn I would want to make sure it worked. I believe it was Catalyst version 8.12 should have worked fine on Core i7 processor like it did with Core 2 processors but ATI ended up having to release a hot fix for people with Core i7's since the drivers actually made games run slower on i7's than they did on Core 2's.