1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Why Britain for holiday items???

Discussion in 'UHall' started by HippoRedux, Apr 9, 2015.

1. HippoRedux

HippoRedux Adventurer

I'm sure I am not the only one that collects/trades holiday items on shards other than "Home Shard", so why would you set the Easter gifts at a place where "xshard trader" characters can not reach? I noticed that the Revert Jolly Roger was placed at Luna bank instead of Britain, seems like you would make it easier for us players. The workaround is f course to use the Help button and play the "stuck" card and get whisked away to Britain, but it sure is a waste of time to do so...

2. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Because they don't like to make things "easy" for us..... they want us to all get carpal tunnel and have to quit.

3. Andrasta

Andrasta Goodman's Rune Library
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Blue Crane Society

Be thankful it's not in Hythloth...

Philly, Odin of LS and NuSair like this.
  4. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Since when is Britain hard to get too?

5. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

I was going to ask the same thing lol.

I ran every character on every shard from luna to brit and parked them at Sweet Dreams. Next time I might have to run them back....have people really become that lazy that they'd rather use the help stuck feature then run from moongate to moongate? That is SO sad :(

Scribbles, NuSair, azmodanb and 4 others like this.
  6. Lexfixr

Lexfixr Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Really Xsharders can't get to Britain Really!!!! On every shard there was at least one crystal portal at a house in Luna tagged for everyone to use. There are a handful of shards with no gates by WBB to get back but its not that big a jog to the Brit Gate If that's too much effort to go through - then skip the shard.

7. Picus at the office

Picus at the office Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

8. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Didn't people complain about them going into their backpacks so they started to place the gifts in different locations.

Scribbles likes this.
  9. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I dont like seeing gifts in cities. they should have put them in dungeons to encourage real gameplay. Like when they were put at the back of painted caves by Lurg / Grobo.

This complaint screams of extreme lazyness, the type of player who wears a diaper at the comp because he can not be bothered to move.

just run. the brit inn is closeby, i didnt even run all my characters back to luna just logged off at brit.

Scribbles, Kirthag and Spock's Beard like this.
  10. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Nah I disagree there. I just went to Yamato to get my plants and I could only move about 5 squares a time then it would just lock / lag up. Walking to Britain moongate after was very tedious with lag like that.

BrianFreud and Angel of Sonoma like this.
  11. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

just saying, i think gifts should only be easily available to developed character. I know the UOhallers will flame me for that view but that is how i feel. If you want freebies on a noob, team up with someone.

Personally, and ive said this before, i think doing away with ALL gifts would be better for the game and the new art / items should be put on peerless, dungeon, or world spawn mobs or even as a crafting reward. just something that encourages actual gameplay.

12. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

They should put them at Yew gate in Felucca. That would be far more exciting than the back of some dungeon. Also bit unfair to those red players who can't claim a nice pretty flower :-(

drcossack and Philly like this.
  13. Assia Penryn

Assia Penryn The Sleeping Dragon
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I actually appreciated the gift locations being uniform and not in a location where it would have killed me even on my main shard.

Very few of my characters were in Brit, but I didn't mind doing the work to get them there.... it was neat to see each shard's WBB design.

Philly, Andrasta, azmodanb and 6 others like this.
  14. Hazel868789

Hazel868789 Adventurer

Cant get to a bank?? EVERY shard had crystal portals in a Luna house. Just look around, it sure beats making the run from Brit Moongate.
    Have a good day.

DJAd, Philly, Swt Lippy Hippy and 2 others like this.
  15. hen

hen Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

It's the capital city. Can't get there? Don't deserve a reward.

16. Val'lyn De'ana

Val'lyn De'ana Seasoned Veteran

I guess I'm missing your point. How tough is it to get to Britain from Luna?

-Val'lyn

NuSair and Lord Frodo like this.
  17. weins201

weins201 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

18. MalagAste

Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I personally NEVER log my characters in a city that is subject on occasion to being invaded. Most all my characters remain in Haven.

As for running to Brit I did it on every shard... at least the ones I didn't have a character to gate myself on. Many do have a Crystal Portal somewhere. Though I try VERY hard to avoid going to Luna. There were a number of shards that had wonderfully nice folk near Brit gate with a Crystal Portal...
    Many shards have some way to a gate not far from WBB which is VERY nice. One had a clicky place to go down to a really cool sort of training camp or some such meeting place near Castle British... that then had a way to port home. Very nicely decorated too I might add.

I was enjoying the challenge of finding the easiest route in and out of the city... Though the carpel tunnel will be coming I'm sure. 800+ characters run to the squirrel and back to the Inn in Haven I think I did pretty darn good. Even managed to run all my characters thru to get my plant on Siege without getting killed or having anyone steal it from me. The ONLY character that failed to get his.... my red. No Squirrel in Fel I guess. Oh well... Anyway it was fun... but honestly I really think there should be a gate or crystal portal at every bank. But then I also think that Newbies should start with a runebook with basic runes in it marked for each of the voting Cities and Luna... as well as if they start as a mage 25 spells in the spellbook that MUST include recall, mark and fireball. Also think that new players starting need a place to tithe... and anyone who starts with Chivalry ought to get 10k in Tithing points from the start. Since you only have 1k in gold that's not really enough to start learning Chivalry. I mean new players get almost 100 of each reg... so why don't new players get the ability to use at least 100 chivalry spells???

I still think that Yew Bank having a shrine there with an Ankh that Ankh should allow folk to Tithe there! Infact each town should have a place to Tithe... a place to come together for a lvl6 Circle... And many other things. Tired of other towns being ignored.

And while we are on that subject I think it's BEYOND time that we were able to choose Spellweaving from the start. I mean I see the cuteness of requiring the stupid quest when it first came out.... yes learn from the elves... etc. But that isn't even where folk start anymore and Spellweaving is near forgotten. It's time the "elves" gave a new quest in Haven and you are given the ability to choose to start with Spellweaving and that Spellweaving is added to the menu's of things like Mythic tokens and other things... That's a BIG part of why there aren't any spellweavers to do a level 6 circle... The skill is all obscure.... folk don't hardly know about it. NO other skill is so stupid to require all the hoops that it does.

#18 MalagAste, Apr 9, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
  19. Promathia

Promathia EM Bennu Fanclub
    Premium Stratics Veteran

*wishes we got actual game content for holidays instead of clickies or gifts right to your backpack*

Going to Britain is difficult? News to me

NuSair, Lord Frodo, Tarquinn and 4 others like this.
  20. TimberWolf

TimberWolf Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

should have put the squirrel in fel terra keep...that would be fun

21. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

i seem to remember one of the holiday chests or something being at yew gate for a time. it was right by guardzone tho. still very amusing running noobs quick to the chest and back to safety :)

Scribbles likes this.
  22. Swt Lippy Hippy

Swt Lippy Hippy Adventurer

Next time go in that teal moongate that was right next to the statue... it took you to another moongate.. lol yes in YAMOTO brit bank hehe

Philly likes this.
  23. JohnnyO

JohnnyO Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

[​IMG]
    How lazy can you get?

24. azmodanb

azmodanb Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I got 12 plants per server.. My runners that did not have a horse have one now... Even that extra min of hitting up the stables did not take that long.

Maybe 5-10 mins an account per server..

Also some shards WBB are awesome!! ATL needs some improvement.. Other shards put it to shame!

Odin of LS and Philly like this.
  25. Spock's Beard

This is absolutely the stupidest complaint I've ever read in my life. Is this real or is this some kind of parody?

26. Gem

Gem Lore Keeper
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

I like seeing people at WBB again...if I have left charcters in Luna, it is usually not hard to find a crystal portal at a vendor house near the bank.

27. Philly

Philly Seasoned Veteran
    The Valorian Knights

I guess there were trying to say any other city the bank would of been closer. Brit is a long run and doh...old timer here still forgets about the portals and I ran all mine all the way from Brit Moongate! Doh *slaps forehead* Do I get an award for that? lol

28. Dot_Warner

Dot_Warner Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Britain [BRIT]

Its nice to see people in Britain for more than just spamming to get a circle, albeit an all-too-brief and somewhat greed-fueled resurgence, but beggars can't be choosers.

Wouldn't it be nice if there was a reason to go to a city other than the laziness of Luna? :eek:

Larisa likes this.
  29. Gem

Gem Lore Keeper
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

I must confess i forgot about the portals for awhile too...and the Britain gate trip is too long...I wish all shards would do like the few that have added a gate at the WBB.

30. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

I still don't get it....the Brit gate trip is too long???

I just timed it, running ON FOOT from Brit gate to WBB.....40 seconds....40 seconds is too long?? My goodness have people gotten lazy in today's society.

I would have liked it if they did it the same as they did the Valentine's gifts and put the squirrel in different places on each shard :) That was a fun little treasure hunt.

NuSair likes this.
  31. Goldberg-Chessy

Goldberg-Chessy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Top 10 list of lazy players grubbing around for freebies

Swt Lippy Hippy likes this.
  32. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Just a batch reply:

1. It's EASY to get from New Haven/Luna to Britain. You start with 1000 gold. Buy a darn horse as your first thing. Run to the moongate. Go to Britian Moongate- Run NORTH (by UO Compass) or follow the road, either way, you get there. It isn't that hard.

2. Putting the reward thing in a dungeon or in fel does not encourage game play.

3. There are DEVELOPED characters that cannot go into a dungeon and get something (ie- crafter- ie2- I have a fully skilled crafter that has NEVER left Britain). Not saying every reward should be available to every character. But, if you are going to put a HOLIDAY GIFT out there, that should be available to everyone. If you want to put a special one in a hard to get place for combat oriented characters, go for it. (Devs- design idea- different rewards for different types of characters- tamers, mages, melee, archers, crafters- turn ins or skill/kill based--- see another idea of mine you can put in the game- y'all really should hire me).

33. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

its not available to everyone tho, reds get no gift.

Scribbles likes this.
  34. Lexfixr

Lexfixr Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Just be thankful that EM Bennu is not the one placing these Squirrels -- History has shown................ nasty

Philly, drcossack and BrianFreud like this.
  35. BrianFreud

BrianFreud Lead Wiki Mod & Doer of Crazy Things
    Professional Wiki Editor Wiki Moderator Campaign Supporter

I think that was one of the locations for the Atlantic toy box.

Smoot likes this.
  36. drcossack

drcossack Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

That's what makes it fun, right @EM_Bennu? :)

37. MalagAste

Not that 40 Seconds is too long if you are holding your hand on your mouse directing your character for a 40 second there and back again once... easy peasy... 7 times... gets a bit more strenuous on the wrist and 40 times... more wear and tear... 800 times... hello doc... Carpal Tunnel anyone?

Many folk who play UO have "multiple" accounts with 7 characters ..... Some of us have 7 on every shard... at "least"... some shards even more. So if I'm xshard trading with friends we are talking about making that trip hundreds of times. Honestly though I prefer this method over the drop in the pack since this way if you "don't" want the gift you needn't be burdened with it. I mean some of the gifts like the Broadsword plaque... There aren't any variations... there weren't any "rares"... just a plaque I got a few that's all I needed... Valentines gifts as well. Sure they were nice new bottles and glasses .... but it wasn't something "rare" so I just picked up a few to deco with and that was enough. Dogs and cats in a basket as well... plants are different.... they have rares.... it's fun trying to get the rare. Somewhat like why I logged in every single character to get the towels hoping to get a "named" one for my characters.

I personally do 99% of my "banking" in Skara Brae. I hate Luna and cringe anytime anyone wants to go there. I totally do not understand the draw. Yes there is a moongate right there and yes all the npc's are right there... but so is the lag and the city is ugly. I've always loved Yew but it's layout stinks. The Moongate is a LONG way from the town and the town is a LONG way from the bank. One thing that would make it a better place would be if they added the ability to Tithe at the Abbey there. That would improve things. However the city is the City of Justice. There ought to be some sort of quest you could do to gain Justice there. Trinsic is the "Paladin" City and ought to have something for that... But maybe that's just me. I still want each city to have some special craftables that being loyal to that City allows you to craft. To give more reason to be loyal somewhere.

I'm with Dot. I'd like to bring more people back to Cities other than Luna.