1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Mining] Why cant I smelt mobs' ore drops?

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Nematode, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Nematode

Nematode Guest

So there I was, hunting the eles in Yomatsu Mines, hauling out 1500 stones worth of ores, only to have them unsmeltable...

I do not have a miner, so I had someone with a GM smith try to smelt the ores at Luna Blacksmith shop. He tried it on both his gargoyle and human GM miner, but to no avail. The error message goes like "you cannot smelt these" ... He did try breaking the ores into smaller piles, no dice there.

Anyone having this same problem?

2. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I'll check tonight. I used to hunt ele's all the time but usually not in the mines, so unless something happened in the last patch that they didn't tell us about (but then again we all know that isn't possible).

3. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

It allowed me to smelt the ore that I got from the earth and dull copper elementals that spawn near the entrance of the mine, so not sure what happening with yours unless the person that you gave the ore too had stoned off the mining skill.

4. Nematode

Nematode Guest

This is truly odd... I killed the DCs near the door, each of whom drop 24 stones of ore, and I also went deeper to the Shadow eles, each of drop 300 stones of ore.

Unless the ores have the anti-griefing codes ala medusa eggs. But this doesnt make sense at all... Ill try the normal elemental and see if I could smelt the normal iron ores.

5. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

You need 65 mining to smelt Dull Copper, 70 for Shadow Iron (those start at 50% chance of success). Iron you can smelt at any level, but you have a NEGATIVE chance of success until you hit 25 skill (where it hits 0%, and goes up 0.2% every 0.1 skill)