1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Stratics is pleased to introduce a community Article Management System (AMS) to the forums! AMS allows users to contribute articles about profession templates, houses, pvp, or a variety of other topics. This is a great way to showcase your ideas that require more space than a typical thread. Our staff can also feature articles and promote threads into articles (when appropriate). We are pretty excited about this feature and hope you will be too. It will allow the community another way to express themselves and contribute to the growth of the game and community! For information on how to submit an article, read this article.
  3. We've put our heads together to simplify the Rules of Conduct (ROC) from 23 items down to 8. We hope that the new ROC will be more intuitive and easier to remember. This should also help us to improve our moderation by focusing on fewer items. We are always striving to make Stratics better and to encourage communication and participation. We think that you'll be happy for this improvement. Thanks for being here.

Why can't I use a D grade shield?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Black Star, Oct 30, 2008.

1. Black Star

Black Star
    Expand Collapse

Hi!

I have a Bronze Shield (D grade) that has Pdef 101.Before I had a Bone Shield (no grade) with Pdef of 90.With this shield I had Pdef 188.When switching the new shield, nothing hapened.I still have a Pdef of 188.What hapened?Why this D grade shield makes no difference?
    Thank you in advance!

Best regards!

2. sirfancypants

sirfancypants
    Expand Collapse

Equipping a shield doesn't affect your Pdef. Wearing a shield gives you a chance to block, at which time if successful the block will reduce the damage taken. I think by the ammount of Pdef. given by the shield.

3. Ashem

Ashem
    Expand Collapse

When you block a hit, your p.def sums up with your shield's p.def against this hit.

4. pira

pira
    Expand Collapse

is D grade shied a basic one? i was trying to learn some basic idea of the game . maybe i will played later on

5. jkoster

jkoster
    Expand Collapse

There are seven grade "levels" within L2 that have to do with gear availability.

Non-grade: Level 1 - 19
    D Grade: Level 20 - 39
    C Grade: Level 40 - 51
    B Grade: Level 52 - 60
    A Grade: Level 61 - 74
    S Grade: Level 75 - 79
    S-80 Grade: Level 80+

So long as you are at least the initial level, you can use gear of that grade. I hope this helps.