1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

WHY cant I

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Anon McDougle, Oct 29, 2011.

1. Eat a raw chicken leg ?? if i find a bottle of posion and a raw chicken leg on a mob i can drink the posion but not eat the chicken what gives?

2. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Unfortunately UO Gods are against us being highly carnivorous... and won't allow us to eat things our pets would....

Like rare steaks... Rare meats, brains.... and guts. Nor do they allow the drinking of blood.... shame really...

I don't know, but my pet LOVES to eat body parts.... heads, torso's... arms, legs... Brains.....

3. Potgut

Potgut Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Alcohol is poison, peanuts is poison to some people but not others, many medicines and medications are just poisons. Consuming poison sometimes makes sense, and unless faced in a life and death situation, humans consuming raw chicken legs doesn't make sense.

4. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Always though a player with the necro skill should be allowed to it the raw. And the pally book should of had a create food spell.

5. MalagAste

Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

As a role-player I often RP my character as preferring his food to be Raw... he does not like folk to burn the life blood out of it.

And I still want to be able to "make" bloodwyne with the new distilling...

6. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

"The dose makes the poison" - Hohenheim (no, not THAT one... the REAL one... look it up :p )

7. Logrus

Logrus UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran

Well the main reason is that cure potions do not work on salmonella and other food borne illnesses. So rather than risk having virtual sickness running rampant, we have ensured that raw meat is unconsumable.

8. Nice try. If Healers can resurrect dead players, I am sure they can cure "salmonella and other food borne illnesses."

And what about raw fish steaks? I LIKE MY SUSHI!

9. MalagAste

That's because you humans have weak guts and weak eyes... we Drow are strong! Let us eat our meat as it was intended... fresh and full of life!

10. Kayne

Kayne Guest

Even Elves cook their food

11. Barok

Barok Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

"You eat the raw xxxxxxxx and vomit profusely. You feel weak and can't swing your weapon."

Lasts 15 minutes.

12. Great idea... I can't wait to see the animation graphics for that one!

13. the difference between medication and poison is in the dose.