1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Why can't UO have a client like U5 Lazarus?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by RedDaTeef, Aug 8, 2008.

1. RedDaTeef

RedDaTeef Guest

I have always liked the look of the 3d client uo5 Lazarus. If EA could make a client like that that i really think they could jumpstart this game!!
    Link: http://www.u5lazarus.com/

2. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I think EA making yet another client is a bad idea, Unless they can supply new content at the same time, Which I dont think they can.

3. RaDian FlGith

RaDian FlGith Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I think Mythic could take the KR client, make some drastic improvements to it, and move forward. They don't have the manpower to support it anymore, and so we're stuck in the old 2D/3D thing we had awhile back.

Comes down to this: They expected people to embrace KR, but instead of listening the playerbase, they made certain decisions, and then EA came stomping in and said, "Okay, it's about time you release this thing that you've been working on," and as usual, they released it buggy and incomplete. And since the playerbase didn't go, "Yes, let me use the buggy, incomplete client," they're now saying, "Well, the playerbase didn't adopt it, we shouldn't spend much time on fixing it."

And so we're largely stuck.

4. Der Rock

Der Rock Guest

i expect,that after warhammer release, 30-40% off uo player will change to warhammer, and
    uo will no longer be atractive for ea-mythic, but the fact uo is 11 years on market, they will not terminate uo, maybe uo change to a opensource game.

i dont beleave that in the long term uo can get any counting amount of new player
    so, making uo for free and opensource will be the last and only way to save uo

5. drinkbeerallday

drinkbeerallday Visitor

They are still in the process of making a client which is in beta and you want them to make another one?

6. drinkbeerallday

drinkbeerallday Visitor

how do you figure 30-40 percent? especially considering no one knows how many people are playing UO.

7. Ravenspyre

Ravenspyre Guest

Ultima 5 Lazarus is a modified Dungeon Siege game. Secondly, the devs listening to the palyerbase is what has us in this mess to begin with. To say the devs don't listen to the playerbase is quite narrowminded.

8. THP

THP Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I still say and ive heard many others say it and the devs still wont listen!!

Use KRs graphics but lers keep an option for the old 2d set up bag and interface...jeeprs id try it again and again if we could keep the old 2d bag and old interface...

9. Ravenspyre

Ravenspyre Guest

Uhh, last I checked, you can get the old 2d bag and most of the interface. If you want to dump the task bar well, can't help you there.

10. Doomsday Dragon

Doomsday Dragon Visitor

Because u5 lazarus is garbage. It is nothing more than a huge dungeon siege mod and a buggy one at that. The graphics are not great and the game play is terrible. KR is actually better than that mod if you ask me.

11. Pickaxe Pete

Pickaxe Pete Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Have not played it, but the screenshots sure do look purdey.