1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Why can't we discord players?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Speedy Orkit, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

2. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Because i would dominate everyone LOL.

3. Wulf2k

Wulf2k Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Crusader of Chaos

Because then they'd have to make it a hostile action, or people would complain about blue discorders. Then the trammelites would complain about monsters attacking them for just trying to get a little jiggay with the muzak, and they'd make it a hostile action on Siege only (after 4 years of discussion).

Then when they implemented that, something would go wrong and it would end up blessing everybody's armor when used under the quarter moon of the winter solstice while holding a fishing rod and saying the words "inna godda da vida". This would then erupt into a flame war about hackers and legit game mechanics, Cheapy would post 8000 screenshots of him killing the same crafter, Duke would say "BLESSER BEWARE!" in every single post about it, and QueenZen would overload the server with a single post containing her thoughts about it.

In conclusion, that's why we can't have nice things.

4. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable

You're a poet and just dont know it...i would still dominate. Seriously though, bards and especially tamer/bards would be so OP it would make all the other OP crybaby posts seem miniscule.

5. I think the real question should be:

When will Magic Resist actually be a worthwhile skill again?

6. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable

Ha good question...it's been what 7 yrs since Magic resist was actually viable? I cant even remember that last time i used magic resist.

7. Wulf2k

Wulf2k Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Crusader of Chaos

I personally enjoy running past imps and the like without being para'd 20 times.

8. Carry a pop-box and you'll be fine.

The shorten on para-times is about the only thing Resist is good for, that and mana-vamp/mana drain.

Short of the mana issue, pop-boxes and apples/faction bandies/chiv take care of most everything else. [Granted can't chiv if mana-drained]

If they converted back to how it used to be where you actually reduced damage or completely resisted spells it would be useful. Or maybe make it so the resists you get for having magic resist are *added* to what-ever your current resists are. [Say at a +1 per 15] so at GM you would have +6 to all resists on top of what-ever you're wearing and at 120 you would have +8. Then at least it would allow you to be more creative or less picky on suits and still get to 70.

9. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

A disco template would be hard pressed to be over powered 1v1..at best for a mage something like

Mage
    Med
    Eval
    Resist
    Music
    Disco

No parry and reliant on a mage weap...for a dexer

Swords
    Tact
    Bush
    Parry
    Disco
    Music

Maybe resist could be used to combat it? And it would either affect skills or resists, but not both, and not to the intensity of things like satyr that drop you 30 skill poins, maybe 15-20, or 10 resist. But the resist from curse/disco could not stack, IE:

Curse takes you to 60, with disco you can't take someone to 50. But it would be a viable option for dexers wanting to get the benefits of curse spell.

10. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable

If all you're worried about is running past an imp invasion, you don't even need a trapped box. Just drink level 1 poison potion and you're off to the races. I used to evade para ganks all the time by doin this. Kinda funny watchin mages try to para me while i take a whopping 1 pt damage every couple secs LOL.

11. Spree

Spree Babbling Loonie

You can kill a opposite faction member and put him in discord for 10 minutes. :lol:

12. nightstalker22

nightstalker22 Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

We cannot discord players because trapped boxes cannot break discords effect. :)

They could allow it if they made a new craftable using cotton... ear plugs that take up the earring slot on paperdoll. ;)