1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

why didnt my question get approved for ask the devs?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by longshanks, Jul 22, 2011.

1. longshanks

longshanks Guest

i made a legitimate query into ask the dev's the other day inquiring as to an eta when the my uo. site would be fixed. it shows the guilds but when u click on a guild u get an error message by mr. roland cox.

when i made the inquiry to ask the dev's the screen popped up that it needs moderator approval to be posted. this i can live with to weed out unnecessary time wasting questions but it seems nothing has been approved since 5m/31st.

what is the reason behind this ??

thanks for ur time.

2. Picus at the office

Picus at the office Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

This is clearly a non-issue as if it was important(and it is) it would have been addressed ages ago. The system seemed to work within certain ranges but was taken offline for what reason?

3. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

It did get approved, and passed through to await an answer.
    The FAQ at the top of that forum states:

4. Charin

Charin Journeyman

And if anyone notices no answers since what May something? So chill and enjoy the mushroom effect...

5. Petra Fyde

They've been answering the questions in the HoC vids - I tried to tie up questions and answers after the last one.

6. Charin

Charin Journeyman

Easier question when is the next HoC Vid coming out? So mayhaps we can see if what questions they are concentrating on... That way people who have submitted items and etc... can see if they are being ignored or etc.

7. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

We have no idea when the next video is going to be released its beyond stratics staff control

8. Charin

Charin Journeyman

Aye lol that I understand but you have a better chance at getting an answer than most of us do. I realize the what 4 man crew is busy trying to nail bugs and etc but a heads up would go a long ways to salve feelings and allow people to feel like they are not being ignored.

9. Cirno

Cirno Purple Pony Princess
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

10. longshanks

longshanks Guest

understood.

*le sigh*

11. unified

unified Guest

Can we please get a notification if our question is approved? Right now, questions end up in an abyss, and we don't know what is happening. If approved, the question probably should be posted, even if it will be some time before it is actually answered. Better yet, why not remove the forum completely since questions have not been aswered THERE in such a long time. Even if they are answered elsewhere, it totally negates the purpose of that forum when not answered THERE.

I asked a question more than six months ago, and I don't know whether it was approved. I ended up sending the same question to Mesanna a few weeks ago, and received an excellent answer.

12. Petra Fyde

The only questions we don't pass through are the ones that can be answered by a more knowledgable player. Those we transfer to uo player's corner with a pm to the questioner. All others are passed on. It works that way because that's the way we were asked to set it up.
    If it's any comfort to anyone I have at least 2 questions languishing unanswered in there myself.

13. Dan123The123Man

Dan123The123Man Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

:( They need to get paid more or in other words. You/WE get what you/WE pay for :-/

14. Richwarf

Richwarf Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

I like this meaning of soon (I know it the wrong game/company).

15. Cirno

Cirno Purple Pony Princess
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

There's also "Valve Time", with "soon" in 1998 coming out in 2007.