1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Why do houses decay in Ultima Online?

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by tarugobr, Sep 19, 2011.

1. tarugobr

tarugobr Guest

here comes the question:

why do houses and terrains decay in Ultima Online?
  2. Schuyler Bain

Schuyler Bain Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

May 19, 2008
    At one time it was needed so that active players could have houses. There used to be a shortage of spots on most shards. Same goes for the 1 house per account limitation.

Legacy rules.
  3. Reinzeld

Reinzeld Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Aug 11, 2004
    Maybe a little less PC, but because it encourages semi-active people to continue to pay monthly....

(It works on me--I pay 12 months a year, and have probably spent 20 hours in game this calendar year. But I can't stand the idea of losing my house, and all the crap I have holed up in there.)
  4. grig_since98

grig_since98 Guest

Also bear in mind that they don't decay unless they're not associated with an paid account. I'm not sure if you were aware of this from the question. I don't know what you mean by terrains decaying.
  5. Duduz

Duduz Adventurer

Aug 2, 2011
    If i am a coowner of a house and the owner get inactive what happen? Decay, or as my account as coowner will maintain this house ok?

I have my house, if i get in another house as a coowner this will turn my original house as possible to decay?
  6. Salivern_Diago

Salivern_Diago Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

May 12, 2008
    No, only the owner determines if the house will decay or not.

If the 'owner' isnt a paid for account or the account lapses and goes inactive then the decay process will begin.