1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Why do I now need directx 7?

Discussion in 'EA Land/The Sims Online Stratics Forums' started by Bushal, Apr 4, 2008.

1. Bushal

Bushal Guest

I recently purchased a new computer and only have dx9 downloaded. I had no problems playing with just dx9. Now I keep getting a pop up when trying to run EA Land that I need dx7. I tried downloading dx7 and it still won't run EA Land. Anyone have any ideas of what I should be doing? I play with windows Vista now unfortunately [​IMG]

2. Bushal

Bushal Guest

Ok I just tried running my client and it works. I then tried running EA Land again and it still doesn't work.

3. YadaSc

YadaSc Guest

Try running the game under Adimnistrator. Rigth click on the Ealand Icon, properties, then run under Administrator. Good luck !:)

I would also reinstall Directx 9. again. [​IMG]

4. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

I recently purchased a new computer and only have dx9 downloaded. I had no problems playing with just dx9. Now I keep getting a pop up when trying to run EA Land that I need dx7. I tried downloading dx7 and it still won't run EA Land. Anyone have any ideas of what I should be doing? I play with windows Vista now unfortunately [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]
    Obviously, you should be calling someone who knows what they are doing before you screw something up.

5. Just use the regular tsopatch icon. if you are running vista then right click the icon and click run as administrator and see if that helps. you cant do it by going to properties you have to right click the icon and click run as administrator everytime you launch the game. I don't know why you are using the dx9 icon.

6. Bushal

Bushal Guest

I was running the game on administrator and now it won't let me. After trying to login it brings up a system requirements box saying windows NT is not a supported operating system. I have no idea what the problem is but will try to reinstall dx9.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Download and install the latest update to DX9. You should be good to go.