1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Why does my house teleporter only work one-way?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Elric_Soban, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Elric_Soban

Elric_Soban Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Just got one of those new house teleport tiles as a vet reward. so i put one in my house, other in the house of my other account. set everything to co-owner access level. (im owner of one, co-owner of other.)

I can teleport from House A to house B, but not from house B to house A.

..ideas?

2. Nyses

Nyses Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

My guess would be that the offending house teleporter is against a wall in the house, and that you will need to move it to an inner wall, or away from the wall.

A guildmate had the same issue, we ended up moving it to an inner wall.

3. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

Yeah, try moving it a tile or two. I think I´ve had this problem in the past too.

4. EvilPixieWorks

EvilPixieWorks Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Outer walls have nothing to do about it.

1, Security issue always comes to mind.

You can always place with a co-owner as well... but check security just the same.

2, Use a decor tool to ensure the pad is at the lowest it can be.

I've seen this happen a few times... and the pad is really 1 small step above the floor in most cases if you havnt noticed.

5. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Do you get any message at all when you step on it?

It may be on the same tile as an animated item (such as a parrot) on another level. Move your teleporter (or your parrot).

Make sure access levels on houses and teleporters are what you think they are (Ive had them spontaneously change)

Make sure your vet teleporter isn't on a house teleporter.

Make sure the two teleporters are connected by double clicking one (while its in your backpack) and targeting the other one (which is also in your backpack).

6. Elric_Soban

Elric_Soban Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I edited my post earlier and apparently it didn't stick.

I resolved the issue by using an interior decorating tool and lowering the tile to the floor height (it spawned one level above floor level when i dropped it to lock it down)

7. EvilPixieWorks

Stratics Veteran

Edited and failed to post or not...

I was right! :mf_prop:

8. Cirno

Cirno Purple Pony Princess
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

You can have the teleporters raised, but they have to be sat directly on a raised Goza.

9. EvilPixieWorks

Stratics Veteran

It's still a small hiccup in the system that can cause this issue... and I love these house to house teleporters. Easily, one of the “Top 10 Best Additions to UO”. I have several sets connected to my main mall building and have seem this happen before with my own mall.

I’ve also done many experiments to hide the standard old teleporters that are not public. (Before we had the vet pads). One of these days, I’ll have to get around to removing this pad at my mall that was designed for emergencies... in case of invasion (that never came). Still, it's always been a little ugly piece of business I’ve tried to hide from view for the public. Placing gaza mats on it seam like the best way to go... but at times they still can be UNDER the pad somehow. Still have to place flowers on top, always making adjustments, while keeping it useable in a hurry. Still, I learned if you raise the gaza... you can't use the pad. If, in any situation, you raise a gaza too much, it becomes an obstacle. YET, there are people who figure out all kinds of dizzying stunts with gaza mats and bending the rules of custom house design, that can put these vet pads way-way-way up high to connect houses like a labyrinth. So, it's kind of a sticky area. All my vet pads I’ve traded for or bought... easily they can come not even linked correctly and you have to link them yourself.

10. Poo

Poo The Grandest of the PooBah’s
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor 4H

holy hell!

there must have been a revert on the boards, cause i was looking at the post last night, and i saw your edit that you had fixed it, and i actually replyed to your post.... and now i see your post isnt edited and my reply isnt there.

i swear to god man, those stratics mods our out to get us!

wait...

nevermind.