1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Why EM Eiji has gone without any actions?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Vessel the Humakti, Jul 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vessel the Humakti

Vessel the Humakti Adventurer

In this weekend, we Mizuho shard players welcome new own EM Eiji, But suddenly EM site tells us he has gone and never come back as EM.

What is happen?
    A few information has made confusion. We need more detail information from Mesanna Officially.

Our Mizuho Shard, there is no EM long Long LONG time. If I say correctly, EM will not have arrived there at its post.
    When thinking that EM arrived at its post at last, he has left, before doing a Welcome event.

Please IMAGINE their disappointment.

If the reason for his retirement is an individual thing, it should not open to the public.
    However, except an individual reason, I think that it should be indicated.
    The reason for individual has not come down suddenly one day?

Why did he leave, without saying "hello and good-bye"?
    I cannot assume the reason for having fallen into such a situation except having been called for heavens, and supposing that is right, I will think rather whether we should go into mourning.

Why we can't say "Hello" or "Goodbye" to our first EM.
    Was his reason so urgent that a moment to lose did not become, either?

2. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Guessing he violated terms????

3. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

There's been a few issues with various EMs...On our shard we lost the best one we had, just poof. I know the story. Most of our events now are player run anyway, and enjoyed by all. I wish we did have some support on those tho, maybe like for archery contest win place and show, an engraved bow as a reward? Participation robes or cloaks with the event name, shard, and year on it? Simple non world changing things, that's all. *shrugs*

4. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

While I know how hard it is to understand why this happened.
    I doubt Mesanna will elaborate as to the why's and where fore's of their departure.
    Suffice it to say there may have been a few good reasons for it and soon you will get another..
    We often forget Real life and other reasons can pull us away form UO quickly...
    Please don't jump to the conclusion that foul play was the cause.
    Sorry for Mizuho's loss and I do hope your EM position is filled quickly.

5. MalagAste

Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Indeed true real life has a way of fouling up our fun... In more ways than we can count.

Uriah Heep likes this.
  6. budman23

budman23 Journeyman

Anyone that goes to EM events or participates across shards at them has to notice the turnover rate here.
    The turnover rate for EMs is honestly worse than working for Mcdonalds at this point.
    l can honestly now name double digit numbers of EMs who suddenly just disappear.

I blame this to the utter stupidity of hiring EMs through the Ultima Online playerbase.
    While some people might think this appropriate this only breeds corruption in a system that gives items away.
    Haven't we had enough corruption in the EM system yet?
    I can not and will not be lied to being told it is now hard to hire someone who does not play Ultima Online.

I honestly don't see how issues like this even become issues. Isn't this just common sense?

How hard would it be to just hire 5 ems to cover ALL shards and just schedule different events on different shards at different times?
    See that makes sense, but instead lets just let 50% of the shards completely go without while we lead a line of endless corrupt individuals who are only even joining to pass their friends items.

Yea that helps Uo.

#6 budman23, Jul 19, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2013
    yars and claudia-fjp like this.
  7. Promathia

Promathia EM Bennu Fanclub
    Premium Stratics Veteran

How would hiring EM's who have never played UO help? They wouldn't know the lore, they wouldn't know the fiction, they wouldn't even know the game.

Just because an EM decides to leave, does not mean its because they were "corrupt". Lets not act like these are fulltime jobs. People have other obligations (Jobs, family, ect) and sometimes the two butt heads. When that happens, an EM sometimes has to step down.

You also have a situation where they are CONSTANTLY abused by the playerbase, and sometimes just get tired of putting up with it.

8. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

There are players who put on events themselves, who would make fantastic EMs in my opinion, but they don't get hired...maybe a few of em will get a second look.

Shakkara likes this.
  9. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

This is why you should either empower the EMs, or else hire a few GMs to do the police work. And an EM call should take priority, GM shows up invis, watches the commotion a few minutes, jails the offender, and 72's the account. Wouldn't take long to calm it down. And for those of you who cry "but if they did that, wouldn't as many people come!!!" Exactly, all the troublemakers would quit coming, and leave the events for the peeps who really want to have an event =)

10. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I have been in the "bring back the squelched" camp for a few years now. That ability should be given to all the EM's.

Schatzi, Tjalle, Shakkara and 2 others like this.
  11. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox

Contrary to your unfounded allegations most EMs aren't fired for corruption. Some leave because they no longer have the free time to give to the game through RL work committments. Quite a lot leave of their own accord thoroughly disheartened and disgusted by the behaviour of some members of the player base.

12. Lord Nabin

Lord Nabin High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Glorious Lord ACW

I could not have stated this better. Well done!

13. budman23

budman23 Journeyman

I remember an Em Promethia he lasted a whole I believe 2 events.
    Subsequently we were not allowed to discuss why he was let go. Gee I wonder why.

#13 budman23, Jul 19, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2013
  14. Petra Fyde

That's ONE EM. We don't know the details, and even if your suspicions are grounded, you don't tar them all with same brush. Please drop these allegations.

Kylie Kinslayer and startle like this.
  15. Promathia

Premium Stratics Veteran

Wrong name. EM Promethium, and he lasted more than 2 events.

From what was discussed, he had major computer problems + His last event was him trying to hold a pvp tournament that got griefed into the ground.

The EM you are probably talking about is EM Thomas Pyewacket who lasted his meet and greet for handing a named robe to a player. He was thusly fired for breaking the rules

Schatzi and Kylie Kinslayer like this.
  16. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor

And before folks start up and point to him as a reason to tarnish the EM Program.... the guy just got caught up in the excitement that was going on at the meet and greet and just goofed up. That was all. There was nothing shady or corrupted about it.

17. WarderDragon

WarderDragon Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni BRPA

Ditto.

18. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Guess I don't understand...all the EMs hand out sashes or something with their name on it at the meet and greet :confused:

yars likes this.
  19. Promathia

Premium Stratics Veteran

Sashes are usually just clickies, but even then, every player there at the time is able to acquire such item. This EM got caught up in the commotion and basically created a one of a kind item, which was given to a player directly. Thats a big No no.

20. MalagAste

Sadly you can't EM on your own shard. I can understand why but it's possible that folk who do events on your shard are EM's on other shards.

I know I've done some events on my own shard but it's a pain and a whole lot of work and the thought of coming up with something new and different every week is pretty intimidating. I have a whole lot of respect for EM's and what they do.

One other thing to note... I know on my home shard there are a lot of complete losers who like to ruin the events for everyone by being complete jerks and making a complete ass of themselves by spamming spells, standing on the EM's so no one can see WTF is going on not moving when asked, parking their dragons all over the EM and such as well as constantly saying "When do we get a drop?" And "STFU and give us a drop already" "Spawn the end boss I'm bored.".... etc... I honestly wouldn't be able to put up with people like that... How they do week after week I don't know. It would make me want to scream and pull my hair out. I can't tolerate jerks.

21. virtualhabitat

virtualhabitat Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

It's no one's business why EA hire's and fires their employees. That said, if EA fires EMs for violating rules that makes me happy. I don't really need to know what rules they violated. Further discussion of specific cases is pure speculation and a waste of time. Always has been, always will be.

The truth is, this thread will only serve to increase my post count and waste your time. Stay tuned, I have 211 more posts to get to Lore Keeper.

Thanks for reading.

Barry Gibb and Kyronix like this.
  22. Fridgster

Fridgster Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Burn.

23. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

No one thinks maybe the EMs might quit due to the constant griefing of their events and the ****ed up conspiracy theories on Stratics?

-Galen's player

yars, Schatzi, AppleJax and 1 other person like this.
  24. Ox AO

Ox AO Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Many of the EM rules are simply wrong. If a group is having an event planed for weeks what harm could there be to place temporary healers in strategic locations? What harm could there be in announcing a player run event through sherry the mouse?
    When the EM is building an event those that help him get an item which has no properties in return for there help.. what harm could there be?

being overly paranoid over corruption is far worse then the corruption that could result

I really liked Pywacket he was a down to earth person.

25. Petra Fyde

I do, and said so.
    I think it's time to put an end to this.

whiterabbit and Barry Gibb like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.