1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Why has the Defiler drop been turned off?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Nyses, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Nyses

Nyses Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

At least on the Guards that remain in the towns they have taken over. On Pacific, both Moonglow and Cove have lost to the Bane, and the guards remain there. I thought great, I can go get a few more Defilers of Virtue, but no.

Today, I went to Moonglow for about an hour or two, solo and killed Bane guards, nothing. Tonight I went to Cove for about two hours and killed Bane guards solo, not one dropped. :( To give you and idea of how many I killed, I banked about 400K from killing them and they have 4k to 4.5k each, so just shy of 100 and not one Katana. :(

Again, I know the RNG sucks, but that is ridiculous. Three days ago I was killing them at Moonglow and about every 10th one, or so would drop a Katana.

2. Merion

Merion Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I killed like 50 during normal invasion and not got a single defiler...

3. Cloak&Dagger

Cloak&Dagger Guest

We have gotten the Katana after the bane win...can not say how many we killed but still they drop.

4. Nyses

Nyses Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I was getting them too, up until yesterday. Did you or anyone get one since yesterday?

5. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

I've not gotten one in the last 5 invasions, after getting 1 in the second wave, 1 in the third, and THREE in the 4th.

6. Xalan Dementia

Xalan Dementia Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

got one last nite from a bane controlled city guard. RNG just hatin on ya

7. Nyses

Nyses Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I swear, something has changed. Went and killed another 20 or so today and nothing. So, over 100 Bane guards killed solo and no drops. :(

No reason to keep killing em. No matter how many we kill, it will have no bearing on the outcome of the invasion. In a few months they will all be gone and the towns will be back to normal and it will be as if it never happened.

I also predict that before the invasions are turned off, most towns on most shards will be controlled by the Bane, as people are already tired of fighting them. Everyone has as many sashes and crystals as they could ever use and the Katana drop has been turned, all but off. Sadly, there is no other reason to go there and fight them. :(

Oh well on to something less frustrating that killing the Bane guards, Fishing maybe. :wall:

8. Zalan

Zalan Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I got one Yesterday in Cove that had been conquered.

Drop Rates in towns that are being invaded are normal.

Drop Rates in Conquered Towns Is Lower than Invaded Towns.- This is to keep Defilers from being farmed non stop. Guards are a constant spawn, so they should have a lower drop rate. Defilers can probable be turned into Relic Fragments

9. Azgot

Azgot Guest

I got one last night in the Britain invasion on Atlantic.

So far no town have been conquered on Atlantic, I and my guild are having a lot of fun with the invasions.

10. Nyses

Nyses Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Ya, I figured Atlantic would be one of the only shards to ward off the Bane invasion, because of the shards high population.

I too have finally seen a couple swords drop to guildmates again. So it seems the drops have not bee turned off, just ratcheted WAY down.

Why does UO do this, anyone remember the days after Doom was changed to the ToT style drop? I had guild mates getting 3 drops an hour and watched in amazement as a guy at the Luna bank Spammed for, and successfully bought several Ornies for 1 mill. Scalis too, the first week or so, guildies were pulling him up and 4 or 5 people there, were getting drops from him, now not so much. Is there no QA? or testing? ya ya, I know........

11. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Lake Austin, so far, has fought off every bane invasion, and we're one of the lowest-population shards - It's a matter of RP preference, not population.

Some of us may not like Dawn, but the alternative is worse.

12. Thav12

Thav12 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

killed 10 guards in cove (Chessy) yesterday (1/10/2010) (after invasion party was over), solo (with a human wraith-form (scrolls) disco chiv-bushido archer) , and got a defiler. First ten guards I killed since this event started (and ended?)

this answers at least 3 threads, but will post it only here... only reason to post is because i was looking for the answers to all those questions here on stratics myself, prior to going out and killing these demon guards.

13. Nyses

Nyses Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Ya, at this point, I figure either a Dev or EM has it out for me, lol, (just kidding) or I am on the worst run of the random number generator in the history of UO. I am over 110 guards killed solo and still no Defiler drop, oh well. I went back to doing Champ spawns for the replicas. I've had much better luck at that.

14. I grabbed 2 in 20 minutes. 3 million each.

15. Thav12

Thav12 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

probably you do know but just in case: they don't drop in your backpack, but in between the loot items... no "for thy valor" etc message

16. Nyses

Nyses Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I do know that. :) I was getting them about every 10th to 15th Guard kill, prior to 4 or 5 days ago.