1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Why have you punished the elf?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Lord Drakelord, Sep 8, 2009.

?

should they bring back the cirlet on the elf race

1. yes please! I hate how they look!

65 vote(s)
    48.1%
  2. No let the elf suffer like the rest of us humans

66 vote(s)
    48.9%
  3. naw make them like gargoyles, give them horns, no hats to wear.

4 vote(s)
    3.0%
  1. For ages the headgear of the elf would change to a smart looking cirlet, something that was cool, face it man, some of that headgear out there is funny. Now our elfs are running around with dumb hats once more. Why did you fix this? For the gargoyles to fall over laughing at the elfs? Come on, this was one of the best thing about any headgear the elf worn. Let bring it back please!

2. Infiniti

Infiniti Guest

I agree...I miss my circlet. :twak:

3. Magdalene

Magdalene Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Horns all the way.
    MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
    :party: :party: :party:

4. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Suffer elves!

You and your pointy ears and logical thought proc... oh wait. Wrong pointy eared freaks.

5. RaDian FlGith

RaDian FlGith Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Sorry, but I really hated the elven circlet garbage. It's nice to see what it is I'm wearing.

6. Specialshoes

Stratics Veteran

How bout an option for "Finally!":thumbup:

7. Risso

Risso Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

The thread title is misleading, I expected a spanking option :(

8. Myna

Myna Guest

no dont bring it back

if you want to see a circlet then WEAR one

9. WarderDragon

WarderDragon Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni BRPA

They should make an option for elves and humans to turn your hat into a circlet. I'd love to be a human and loose the helm.

10. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I want my circlet back... I hate the Hunters Headress.. and I like the circlet...

Think it's bad this was removed since this was supposed to be a part of being an Elf..... why not take away my nightsight too while your at it?

11. Pawain

Pawain Crazed Zealot

I thought the hats turned to circlets becuse helmets would not fit over their ears.....

Didn't a dev use this explanation?

12. sablestorm

sablestorm Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

It was kinda nice to be able to use ugly looking headgear with nice properties on my elves. I prefer the circlet. It makes them stand out more and just seems more elvish to have unadorned heads, in my opinion.

13. canary

canary Guest

Uhm... maybe a toggle for humans AND elves might be nice?

14. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

I have no problem, my elf is wearing a sexy red feathered cap.

15. EgoSum

EgoSum Guest

I for one rejoiced at the change. The one thing that always annoyed me about having an elf character was having those silly circlets. Logging on after the patch to see that my human turned elf was rocking the tribal mask look again literally made my day. I'll be greatly saddened if they change it back again.

16. Dol'Gorath

Dol'Gorath Grand Inquisitor

Sorry. I like the look of the proper helm better.
    I hope it stays around.

17. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

We now have the wonderful option to craft with runic hammer or imbue a circlet to be a powerful piece of headgear.

18. Trebr Drab

Trebr Drab Guest

I don't like games where things change for circumstances. So I like this change.
    I do understand where you Elves are coming from, but that's where I am on this issue, sorry.

19. Rama21

Rama21 Guest

Nightsight only works half the time anyway. :mad:

20. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

*Laughs* Only if your elf is weak! Eat more red meat! Only weak elves have that problem..... *laughs wickedly*

Just give me my circlet back..... *glares*.... Or give me the right to chose... this was part of the "elven" package... and I want it back.

If you're going to go on changing things that are part of our heritage as an elf then why don't you go back and get rid of all this "Elven Only" BS???

Go back fix it so either I get my heritage back or... change the whole thing right now so we can wear whatever we please..... Take away Elven Only, Gargoyle Only and Male/Female only....

If your going to mess things up.... do it right.

21. THyRoID99

THyRoID99 Guest

Exactly. I hated those circlets! This was a great change!

22. Samaira

Samaira Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Toggle switch please! I like seeing my girls' pointy ears :(

23. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

I can't take my toons seriously when they're wearing a sissy-looking headband. I much prefer the hats. :-/

24. Nine Dark Moons

Nine Dark Moons Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

bring back the circlets! or a toggle option... now my elf looks like this:

25. jamie(gri)

jamie(gri) Guest

regular hats would be cool i guess if my hair would stay under them. right now tho i look like im wearing one of those caps hair dressers put on your head to streak your hair.

26. Coppelia

Coppelia Guest

Get a circlet if you want to wear a circlet. :x

27. Beleg Megil

Beleg Megil Guest

For the powers-to-be to take this back after 5 years with no option to keep it (which is a very simple code to tgle the display between the two art options) is ridiculous. I wonder how all the people saying "Yay, it was garbage! Let's take it away from elf players!" would feel if someone decided "As a trade off, all Humans will now not be able to use special dyes for runics or artifacts. Artifacts and Runic made items will automatically revert to original color once they are equiped.".

"Get a circlet if you want to wear a circlet" is the lamest, most selfish counter argument I've seen. Well, go grab a sword in real life and crawl in a cave if you want to slay a dragon.

This is yet another short-sighted, poorly concieved, and ineptly carried out situation in a long line of "The Team's" failures this year. And yet another in a long list of reasons I will not reward them by paying for the vastly over-priced expansion and am considering stopping payment for my many accounts.

There is better, brighter talent running the free and private shards out there. Maybe "The Team" should look around and take note of them. Because as it stands now, the whole UO staff is massively outclassed by the free shards.

28. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Can there be an option for thank god my deer hat doesn't turn into a flower garland anymore? I think its a great change.

29. Coppelia

Coppelia Guest

LOL! What does Real Life have to do with this? In case you are a beginner, let me inform you that with Blacksmithing you can craft 3 sorts of circlets. That's what human characters use when they want to have a circlet.

:thumbup:

30. riohnyx

riohnyx Guest

Really? A toggle option? Ergh. I really think helmets should be helmets, circlets should be circlets, deer masks should be deer masks etc.

With imbuing, a circlet can be crafted with stats the stats you want/need. Unless you're talking about arties. And if you are, then I want a toggle for my Hunter's headdress to look like a polar bear mask and a polar bear mask toggle for my helm of spirituality. :p

31. RaDian FlGith

RaDian FlGith Babbling Loonie

How about this as a compromise...

Crafting has received a "Gargoyle Convert" or whatever it is that will allow you to turn something into a gargoyle only counterpart (that can never be turned back).

What if they put in an option to turn -- one direction only -- your head gear into a circlet, flower garland, whatever so that those of you who preferred the look can keep it... and those of us that prefer to show just exactly what it is we're wearing can do so?

32. Beleg Megil

Beleg Megil Guest

Yep, what I said has the exact intelectual worth as your quote about "get a circlet if ya wanna circlet". None. That's my point exactly.

What I am saying is, UO, without any reason, took away a feature that has existed for 5 years for no reason, when they could have easily...no lie, within 3 minutes, implemented a code where display mode for head gear is a single click option, not a forced reversal. It could have been for everyone, human and elf avatars alike. A guy I've known for 10 years has a son in 9th grade that put the code on his private shard. Also an option for hood up or down for most robes.

After 5 years, if they wanted a change, they should have and could have easily made this an option for everyone, not just uncerimoniously take it away.

Do I think some of the new tok dyes make everyone look like baby blue care bears or pink teletubbies? Yes. Do I think all the neon colors from a couple years back make the people that use them look like rejects from a WHAM! video? Yep. Do I think quivers should be restricted to archers? Uh huh.

But should that choice be taken away after all this time arbitrairly because some Dev got a wild hair up his or her ass that he personally didn't like it, or that I personally think it makes the characters with them look silly? Of course not.

And I have played since beta (that's nearly 12 years, kid) on multiple accounts and have made more items, in every skill, given away more items, and trashed more items than you have likely ever seen. So think before you type.

33. Beleg Megil

Beleg Megil Guest

That's a really fair compromise and much better than what we are currently stuck with.

34. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I for one am happy my elf finally has a hat rather than a circlet.

35. Coppelia

Coppelia Guest

No no no, you're telling the story wrong. It wasn't a feature. In 5 years when they'll finally give the real graphics for the Classic Client's gargoyole armors, will you say "Waaah I want to keep the placeholder, you're tearing me down!"?

Stop being selfish, they finally fixed it, so everyone can wear a kasa that appears as a kasa. I'm tired of putting a hat on my elf's head and seeing it go *poof* like it's totally logical for hats to transform into circlets.

There are bugs that aren't fixed for more than 5 years. They aren't features.

36. Beleg Megil

Beleg Megil Guest

You are missing the point entirely, Cop, even though it has been explained quite thoroughly. And no, the head-gear thing was never treated as a bug, but a feature. Look it up.

And if your reading comprehension was up to par, you'd notice what most people are asking for is a choice to make the head gear appear, for example, as EITHER a circlet OR a kasa.

What YOU are suggesting is having YOUR way ONLY.

Now...which option is selfish, only one way or the easily implemented choice to have both ways, thus satisfying everyone?

37. soulstoner

soulstoner Guest

For my girlie chars they REALLY like their hats seen in social settings - Especially old bright green floppy hat with matching dress & shoes - lolz. The men folk aren't super fond of the change in hair style with hat head though it seems in my little circle of non-poster pals - but not a huge deal'tall - what with all the other new cool stuff overridding the head gear ... :thumbsup: fun stuff.
    'spensive glasses remain the same elven look :cool:

LDL post us a pic of your new 'my mom picked out my head gear' look, strolling through town. :party: :lol:

38. SouthernRageLNR

SouthernRageLNR Visitor

you crybabies need to get over it, this was a needed fix, someone explain to me how someone puts on a hat of magi and some how it likes like a line of beads around ya head, that was just trash design. the hat looks like a hat and thats how it should look for everyone.

39. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Yesterday while I was at work reading about this change, I thought it was good and was long overdue. Then yesterday I get home and log in my elven tamer to be greeted by what looked like a blue mummy in a purple robe. I didn't realize his luck suit headpiece was a ninja hood. Kinda caught me off guard. I'm not sure how I feel about this now. Further investigation is necessary.

40. Severn

Severn Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

The circlets were very Elven. It added to their look. Do we see them wearing goofy hats in movies? Nooooo.

And it actually made some of the those AWFUL hates useful. And lets face it, Elven hair is just not made for Human head gear. You can make a human look pretty awsome with some of the armor out there. It just looks silly on an Elf!

And I logged in to find my main prize character....and her Kasa showing....Granted, the Kasa's actually aren't too bad. But NOT the look I want for mage. And then to find I had put one of those tribal masks on a character! Gaw! *shudders*

I spent a good two hours alone redoing almost all of my characters armor just to keep them from looking stupid! (I do have one token human....) So Yes, I very much want the Circlets back!

Why do they keep trying to fix what isn't broken!

41. PinkPandora

PinkPandora Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Please *begs* I am not above begging. Give us elves back the circlet, or at least, an option to show hats perhaps for all races. My paperdoll is having nightmares, bring back the circlet !

42. Gidge

Gidge Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend BoE

*mumbles something about stinky elves and laughs quietly to herself until they fix it*

*sigh*

43. Dr Poth

Dr Poth Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I hate elves.

44. christy1221

christy1221 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Yes pretty please :bowdown:

45. Seismic

Seismic Guest

I changed from Elf to Human after taming a few solid Cu's on my tamer ONLY BECAUSE the stupid circlet thing - I WANNA SEE MY HAT!!!! Seriously!!!

So I'm ecstatic

46. miss_samara

miss_samara Guest

Wow, seriously? I was thrilled when hats on the elves showed up! I had figured it was a bug or something that never got fixed. I even changed a couple chars back to human because I couldn't stand everything showing up as a raven helm or circlet.

47. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

They told me they didn't really like you either. They've just tolerated you so far because they were still a little unsure about how you really felt.

48. Endrik

Endrik Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Wow, thats a pretty loaded survey... I actually like having my helm show on my elf. I hope they keep it... Not because I want elves to suffer... but because as an elf I prefer this.

49. Here is one of my wife's char, she happen to like that hat being a circlet.

[​IMG][​IMG]

I have to agree that the circlet looks better on the character. We have others that are also wearing hats that before look cool as circlets, but today they suck! The Circlet was by far the best thing the elfs had, now its gone.