1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Discussion] Why I don't collect rares..... TMap

Discussion in 'UO Rares Collector' started by NBG, Jul 26, 2010.

1. NBG

NBG Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

2. magicmule

magicmule Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

yep, kinda demoralizing. A small price to pay for collecting I suppose. we can only hope they rename the cards or remove them all together.

3. Assia Penryn

Assia Penryn The Sleeping Dragon
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Yeah, it has happened to most of us with one item or another over the years. The price we pay. On a good note... those who have cards other than those graphics may see a rise in value? I know, not much of a silver lining.

Be aware that maps marked Ilshenar might always be made not rare as I mentioned in a previous topic. It is the test center, so hopefully they'll switch out a few things before they publish it.

4. Nastia Cross

Nastia Cross Guest

I've always wanted a set of playing cards but could never justify spending the gold for them. I would totally be ok with a name change though so the rare ones stay rare and hold their value.

5. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

perhaps they will get renamed, as they did with the moulding board (became floured bread board on release in SA)

I've never had one of the old Ilshenar maps, but I was thinking... was surprised the other nite to click one of our treasure maps and see the new version of the map, I had thought that they would all stay in the old style until the whole thing went live to shards, and that's what got me thinking... wouldn't it be nice for the old Ilshenar maps if they kept the old map line-drawing style on them? seems to me there could be an easy way to identify them right now, before release

then again, maybe not.... one of our old maps *became* an Ilshenar t-map, and you know there's no way we grabbed one of those as loot last year

6. EricVT

EricVT Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

I still remember when I had saved up enough money to buy my first neon hair dye bottle way back 10 years ago or so. I bought it for around 3M and got my awesome neon purple hair and then about a week later they announced that you would be able to buy neon hair from NPCs for 500k.

:/

7. Tinsil

Tinsil Guest

Just bought Ilsh Tmaps earlier this year.. nice to see them ruined already.. NOT :(

8. Thunderz

Thunderz Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I have a feeling there (the devs) still doing what i thought they were back when they introduced replicas. Scanning accounts and looking at what "rare" items there seem to be wayyy to many of (i.e been duped) and releasing those same graphics or items in ways they are easy to obtain, thus making all the dupers stock piles or rares there selling for RL $$ worthless or next to worthless.

I keep a rule 1. dont hold onto it for long or 2. dont buy it if "you" think its possible they got there hands on it to dupe or ask people if its likely they did.

Thunderz

9. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

It's always a little nail biting for me to see if I'll escape the hatchet when they decided to re-release old graphics. I managed to duck it this time, I don't own that type of cards. And they may decide to change the name, they've done it before with other graphic re-releases.

10. Angel Dust

Angel Dust Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Yas see what they are doing to old ish maps? going to add a tag to em. Artifact rarity 0 tag gonna be on old ish maps!