1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Broadsword team is seeking alternative castle designs! Learn more and discuss here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Broadsword is hosting a 20th Anniversary Party for UO this September! Learn more here. Will you be there, Guest?
    Dismiss Notice

Why is guild tag optional?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Mervyn, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Mervyn

Mervyn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I think guild tags should not be optional, people are too sneaky.

Lord Gandalf likes this.
  2. Cailleach

Cailleach Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I think it's a matter of personal preference and guild rules.

I wouldn't join a guild that enforced tag display, I wouldn't enforce it on my guild and if they changed it so there was no choice, I'd disband my guild!

sablestorm likes this.
  3. Cailleach

Cailleach Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

PS. It's not difficult to find out what guilds folks are in. There's a database and everything ...

MyUO – Ultima Online

4. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

I agree. That guy Bailey on Europa never wears his tag. So sneaky!

5. Mervyn

Mervyn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

yeah i guess i should've specified in fel, when there's a group of oranges you might think aren't together so you target accordingly, you don't really have time to lookup on myuo on the battlefield :p

6. PwnySlaystation

PwnySlaystation Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Mervyn trying to sound like a hardened fel PK again with zero Siege chars and blue tamers on prodo...

7. Merlin

Merlin The Enchanter
    Moderator Professional Governor Campaign Patron UWF

Guild tags shouldn't be mandatory. No need for this type of change at this stage in the game. People are allowed to be sneaky. What's next - remove stealth and hiding and stealing?

8. Herp!

Herp! Journeyman

Group of oranges.... should you even really question whether they are together or not? Generally speaking, in this game, if you see a GROUP of people that are ALL orange to you, they are probably together. Whether they are in the same guild or not.

drcossack, Lord Frodo and CovenantX like this.
  9. Winker

Winker Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Merv its doesn't matter mate. As soon as we see you on screen your the first target by any guild. So knowing what guild just killed you make little difference.

de-chande, Herp!, Cailleach and 2 others like this.
  10. Mervyn

Mervyn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

anyone selling name change token?

11. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

You are in Fel, everybody is your enemy.

Herp! and Cailleach like this.
  12. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Don't run, face the problems. Changing name won't work for long, people will find out, at least on Siege.

I don't know the case but I do know, when someone end up as first target, they need to ask them self why and then work on heal their reputation.

Herp! and Piotr like this.
  13. Cailleach

Cailleach Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

*grins* this is on Europa. And I suspect there is no hope whatsoever of that happening in this case. His reputation is a wee bit like Foul Ole Rons Smell ...

14. PwnySlaystation

PwnySlaystation Lore Keeper

Mervyn isn't the first target for the reasons he thinks though. He probably hopes its because he's a threat. Reality is its because no one heals him so he's sure thing for a kill.

15. cazador

cazador Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Well if they are orange they are enemies regardless. Unless of course they are your friends, in which case a guild tag shouldn't matter. General rule of thumb. If they aren't attacking each other they are 2 things. Grouped up, or suck and need to ally to kill. I'd suggest not targeting solo into a group of 5...just my opinion.

Lord Frodo likes this.
  16. Gidge

Gidge Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend BoE

Isn't orange the color of someone you are at war with?

17. Herp!

Herp! Journeyman

Pretty much yes. Nowadays it means guild war or VvV enemy... probably other ways I don't pay attention to as well.

18. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Mobs are Orange if you are in Enemy of One to them.. but that's Mobs not people

Herp! likes this.
  19. Herp!

Herp! Journeyman

I had thought about adding EoO to the list but yeah... in pvp if you have enemy of one on someone in a group, you're dead anyway from the 100% bonus damage you give everyone else lol. You've also already hit them.

20. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I don't think you can EoO on a player... Maybe you can but yeah wouldn't be a very good idea... Seriously isn't a good idea anyway at a champ spawn either...

Lord Frodo likes this.
  21. Herp!

Herp! Journeyman

At demon spawn for ease of killing the spawn quickly, if I am running a char with chivalry(I tend not to run chiv at all anymore and feel it is a waste of skill points), I will EoO the imps, then the harpies as they are out of the slayer and I'd much rather 1 shot them guaranteed. Same goes for rat spawn, Hell Hounds & Dire Wolves get the EoO for speed reasons. Sadly, Chivalry is completely and utterly worthless on anything other than non slayer peerless bosses. I'd much rather just have the 60-80 points for use in other places and take 5 hits longer to kill a boss with a super slayer or 10 min longer for a non slayer boss. Easy enough to run a wolf slayer for rat and just use a large battle axe for Demon at 1.5s to kill everything throughout in 1 hit, though I still swap back to a double axe for t4 and Semidar.

22. Finley Grant

Finley Grant Babbling Loonie
    Campaign Supporter

You can Casting eoo in for pvp. Last 8 Second gives max 16℅ damage increase (modifier)

If this makes sense or Not is another story

23. drcossack

drcossack Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Doesn't help. A couple months ago, I made a char on LS that only a few people knew the name of. After I made a couple comments in overhead/overworld chat at an EM "event", people figured out it was me. Took maybe all of 5 minutes.

It probably would've worked when there were more people playing, I'll admit. But that ship's long since sailed.

24. Pawain

Pawain Grand Inquisitor

It was your accent.

drcossack and Herp! like this.