1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Why is it?

Discussion in 'UO Spiels N Rants' started by UOMarissa, Apr 23, 2009.

1. UOMarissa

UOMarissa Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Mar 12, 2006
    I come here to the boards and I hear all the whining and crying of players. They say "I quit", but what about all the houses that are no longer lived in? I keep hearing this game is going to the grave, yet people still have the houses. I don't know about everyone else, but if you "QUIT" that means you should do just that. Don't continue to pay the $13 a month and claim you are done. It are the people like this that will keep UO alive and well for many years.

I have been playing and paying for 9 years now and I still love it :) I just keep hoping that all the "quitters" stay out of the game and keep paying so we can continue to enjoy the game for years to come :)
  2. D'Amavir

D'Amavir Guest

I know for a fact that a lot of houses still standing belong to accounts that have been closed for years. I agree that when you close your account, your house should soon follow you into the void.
  3. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

May 12, 2008
    People are Drama Queens.
  4. Bo Hica

Bo Hica Guest

What this place?? NEVER!?!?!

The hall is full of Drama Queens.
  5. Beer_Cayse

Beer_Cayse Guest

Housing owned by DSFASFA are EA items and should have been gone long ago. Goodness knows we turned in lists of coords enough darn times.

Accounts actually closed (no money paid) should drop housing at some point. Accounts still being paid but the person is not playing won't typically drop. Some in the first category will reopen the account to simply bypass the IDOCing, then close the account again. <shrug>

6. Even if they do reopen just to stop the IDOC they still paying for the month. Therefore the paid accounts are how they track the number of players in UO. There are several players today with those Castles in Felucca and Trammel that are not playing but still retain the accounts in hopes of someday passing off that castle to a UO player for real dollars. I am waiting for the day they get tired of paying and let the thing drop :) .
  7. Lord Sir Scott

Lord Sir Scott Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Nov 15, 2006
    I waited for over 6 years for a player to quit, they held onto there account in spite cuse i wanted there land. Even offered them 10M for a small marble workshop...

Guess what i finaly got that land and did not pay a dime...
  8. "Language was developed to accomodate our deep need to complain." -- Lilly Tomlin
  9. Beer_Cayse

Beer_Cayse Guest

Booze was invented to keep the Irish from ruling the world. - Anon.
  10. Jhym

Jhym Guest

There are two or three places I'd love to move to, but the places never drop.

Oh well.

I have a nice spot, though my neighbor with the keep is probably thinking I'm one of those rednecks with cars on his lawn since I haven't built my house yet.

11. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Aug 21, 2000
    I know of several places.... castles even where NO one is ever seen... Year after year, after year, after year.... and they don't fall they don't change hands ... and they don't get anything new.... If there were microscopic pixel dust they would be LOADED with it...

Sad really when you think about it. Then you wonder... just what are they waiting for??? Why do they continue to pay 13 bucks month, after month, after month... if they aren't getting ANYTHING out of it???? Do they think they will return and be "kings".... having held on to some spot for 5 years??? Do they think that UO will revert to pre-AoS somehow and the game will be everything they remember again???? I wonder...
  12. wrekognize

wrekognize Guest

sounds like you paid 6 years of your time on that one:thumbsup:

My cousin doesn't have the time to play, but still pays for his account because he is not willing to give up his house/items. There are probably a lot like him out there. I also consitantly see a lot of players who say they are quitting show up 2 to 3 months later.
  13. Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Apr 26, 2008
    A house shouldn't start to decay until three months after the subscription expires.

So, paying for one month should maintain the house for four months. That's about $40 to keep the house up for a year.
  14. pallas

pallas Guest

This thread belongs in the Spiels and Rants forum.
  15. Hanna

Hanna Guest

Me and my friends let ours drop when we quit. However there are probably still people that place houses just to hold the spots so the can sell for real cash.