1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Why is New Haven a garbage dump?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Beefybone, Aug 24, 2008.

1. Beefybone

Beefybone Visitor

May 26, 2008
    On Atlantic. I know some people drop bits of loot there for newbies to find, and that's fine. But every time I go there, someone has dumped the 400 easels they made to raise carpentry, or 50 goza deeds, or a whole pile of NPC-grade plate chests that no newbie could wear even if they wanted to.

I mean, what the crap? Can we get a trash box in New Haven already?

Crafters, nobody wants your 700 music stands, just throw that crap away!
  2. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Jul 26, 2008
    I always snatch up all the metal items left behind - I do more recycling in UO than in real life.
  3. Ravenspyre

Ravenspyre Guest

People are slobs in real life and in games. They are just more so in a game, because they have little to worry about the repurcussions of it all. If you really want to see bad, go to test server someday. I am sure the landfill for your server will look like Central Park compared to test.
  4. DeadMeat

DeadMeat Guest

I tend to drop a lot of stuff at Pac Haven when I'm house cleaning or IDOC dumping. BUT..I work my crafters at Luna usually so I can use the trashcan and see who's runnin around.
  5. Fortyniner

Fortyniner Guest

If people stopped dropping stuff there the newbies would think the trash spawn was broken.
  6. Velvathos

Velvathos Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

May 13, 2008
    I recommend portable trash containers or trash bags in UO, something that is long-overdue in my opinion..
  7. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Mar 19, 2003
    I don't drop anything on the ground, I always find a trash bin to put it in. But personally, I am glad some people leave things on the ground. Espically if I'm just starting out on a new shard. I recently started a new character on Atlantic, and thanks to someone working up bowcrafting at the bank, and just dropping bags full of bows on the floor, I now have over 18k in the bank that I really didn't do anything for. It really helped getting him outfitted and somewhat established.