1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Why is razor not allowed?

Discussion in 'UO Resources' started by Jacks, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Jacks

Jacks Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

UOAssist is outdated in my eyes. Just look at the limited amount of macros and hotkeys you can set. With so much new content (new pots, petals etc) I think that it's just not enough. What bothers me most though is the targeting system in CC that would be given such a boost if we were able to play around with the stuff that Razor gives you.

I'm sure some ppl out there knows why we are stuck with UOA, or who just likes to share an opinion on this.

Cheers

2. Captn Norrington

Captn Norrington Trade Forum Administrator
    Moderator Professional Campaign Supporter

We all use UOA still because the process to get a new program like that declared legal takes absolutely forever. If we started the process now, it might be legal this time next year. Sadly I am not exaggerating at all.

Back when UOA was trying to get declared legal, it literally took almost 3 years, and they almost gave up many times.

3. Picus of Napa

Picus of Napa Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

It would never get legal.

4. Jacks

Jacks Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

I hear you. I do think there should be some interest from Broadsword's side, since we clearly could use something more updated than UOA. Maybe it's all gonna be (or is already?) possible in EC? I didn't try EC, so I wouldn't know. I'm just sure that they won't/can't add more functions to 2d client, more targeting options for example.

5. Picus of Napa

Picus of Napa Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

You would have to know what the contract they signed with Tugsoft looked like. It's hard to say what might limit other systems or another factor that we just aren't aware of. Given that Razor is free and is updated rather quickly I can't see why they don't, they might say that the EC is the answer and we should all just use that thing.

6. Jacks

Jacks Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Yes, perhaps. I just hope that the 2d client will be respected by not neglecting it any new features. Since ppl say it's difficult to code new features to or alter existing code in cc, there might have to be a third party solution.

Right now there are some obvious upsides to EC, if it's taken too far it means creating a gap that will make CC players unable to compete, and the hardcore cc will lose interest and won't be interested in keeping their accounts paid for.