1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Why is there a limit on character transfers?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by goodgimp, Feb 2, 2009.

1. goodgimp

goodgimp Guest

I reactivated the game a few weeks ago after being since since 2000 or so. I wanted to be on a high population server, so I went about transferring my characters from my home shard to Atlantic.

About halfway through my characters, however, I got stopped by a message saying I had purchased the maximum number of codes available in a 30 day period. This has left me in a somewhat annoying situation where half my characters are on one server, and half on Atlantic. Not the end of the world or anything, but I'd really like to have all my toons in one place...

Considering character transfers cost money, why limit how many you can transfer?

2. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Yeah, it's not just the transsfer codes...it's all game codes. I had wanted to purchase a bunch of soul stones, but found I could only purchase 4 a month. Seems odd that they would limit it. I'm sure it has something to do with keeping players from abusing the system some way...la

3. Borric

Borric Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Its a limit on purchased codes. Char-xfer, adv char and the like (3 per month). If you have 2 accounts, buy the other codes on it.

4. DanTheMan19

DanTheMan19 Guest

Credit Card Fraud :<

5. goodgimp

goodgimp Guest

I have access to a second account. Does that mean I can buy codes on that account but use them on my main account? I had assumed it would tie the gamecode to the account that purchased it.

6. lucksi

lucksi Guest

If you want to buy more, you can email the store. I bought ten soulstones through email this way. Inquiry if it´s possible until purchase was less than a day.

Now, if only I could get GM support this fast...

...or at all...

7. Borric

Borric Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Thats nice to know. I have been buying 3 SS tokens a month lol.

To the OP - You can hand the tokens to your chars you want to x-fer, but seems theres a better way to do it that I was not aware of.

Good luck.

8. Millie

Millie Guest

When we moved it would only let us buy 3 per C. Card. not matter what account we tried to use. We could not get the web page to work to request more so we and ended up calling EA to buy them. We got like 10 at once.
    Took a little time but it was worth the hassle.