1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Why multiple kills only get 1 murder count ?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by popps, May 8, 2010.

1. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I thought each kill granted the right to give 1 murder count.

1 kill = 1 murder count.

Instead, I noticed that when being rez killed the option to report for murder no longer comes up after the first report.

Is this a bug ?

2. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

LOL

You give counts? That's like putting another ribbon on the award plaque...totally pointless, as no one minds counts anymore.

3. Prime.

Prime. Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Unless they're blue, I dont give counts, when they turn red, I stop ;)

4. Winker

Winker Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

No once your flagged to him (i.e he killed you) you can no longer report him for the res kill, wait 2 mins before taking a res then you can report him agian if he res kills you.

5. popps

popps Always Present

I always have the hope that, one day, to contain player killing which hurts the game, the developers may make skills of murderers NOT soulstonable in favour of blue characters and so, with a tons of murder counts, they get those skills stuck on their murderers.....

Strip naked they get no insurance money off of me, that is for sure, but they do add up murder counts.

It cost me nothing to give them murder counts and cost me nothing to die, not even insurance money.

So, they get on the loss side, not me............

6. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Misleading title. You can only give one person 1 count after they murder you within the span of being flagged.

As Winker said:

7. WarUltima

WarUltima Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

LoL looks like someone stepped into Fel for the first time. This quest is so fun... :thumbup1:

Welcome to the world where you are not godmode vs other players and trash talk WILL get you killed. :lol:

8. popps

popps Always Present

And so what ?

Strip naked looses nothing, not even insurance money while the murderer gets a ton more murder counts to grind off if ever they will want to turn blue........

I may loose a little more time to finish the Quest, but the murderer will need to loose a whole lot more time grinding counts off when they will decide to turn that red character blue....

9. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Player killing hurts the game how?

10. Derium of ls

Derium of ls Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Majority rules, and since the majority do not like PvP of any kind, the PvPers become looked at as second class, even though they have been playing the game as intended from day one.

11. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

So the minority are "owning" the majority... :lol:

12. fantasy10k

fantasy10k Guest

rofl, what game are you playing? This cant be Ultima Online.

13. Yen Sid

Yen Sid Guest

Seriously? Wow, lay off the ego-trip. UO is a sand-box type game, how is playing your way, "playing the game as intended"? Anyone can play it any way they feel, one way isn't better than another. I think people need to remember to have fun, it is a game after all... rolleyes:

14. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Generally if someone is red, they will probably have no desire to go blue again (with 7 character slots and soul stones why would they?) and with no bounty system the whole murder count thing is nothing more than bragging rights for the pks at this point.

15. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

LOL

I already tried to tell him that...

16. GL_Seller

GL_Seller Guest

Actually what they did was what they want to do. They dont care about insurance gold. Killing people is FUN. It also seems like they affected your whole day/week whatever as u have came to stratics whining now in 2 different threads.

BTW im already grinding off my murder counts as we speak. It was crazy i went to the bar watched the ball game and i lost 5 hours off my murder count timer. I mean it sucked so bad for me to stand in one spot while i was not home.

17. wanderer1origin

wanderer1origin Lore Master

you guys be nice poops he either given acount and stratics or inherited he doesn't understand a lot of game play

is a learning curve look at posts from last year and before

18. Aibal

Aibal Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

This.

And this. Seriously, why bother? Who cares?

19. Konge

Konge Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

You don't understand, a murder count is a badge of honor. Giving them is like saying "You killed me, have a purple heart."

Jesus man, really?

So, you got rez killed because you really wanted to rez where someone could kill you, and want to give them a murder count.

That's like someone stealing from you multiple times and each time, you give them a nice shiney gold medal.

Now you're going to somehow shift this into something about new players.

20. Winker

Winker Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

not bragin just saying...I have 1280 counts on my red I dont want to go blue.

Popps, If you dont want res killed, Rule #1 of fell. Dont res up anywhere where you think you may be res killed. Youre blue so go back to tram get a res and try again, but maybe from a difrent angle.