1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

why some players gives siege a bad name

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by God_Majere, Jun 12, 2009.

1. God_Majere

God_Majere Guest

so i was away for two months, just re-opened my account less then a hour ago. ... I am setting up macros, looking at uo.com and the uo stratics forums while checking out what little equipment i have and whats in my bank box while in luna, no more then 5 minutes pass while i am looking at these forms do i return to find myself dead and looted and my mount killed too! wtf gives people? so now i dont got ****. shouldnt have even bothered opening my account back up. to whom ever has my items, hope the stuff was worth driving people away from playing siege perilous. ~ Claudio

[youtube]20Y09JYZto0[/youtube]

2. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Yep players like you who go afk at a bank in a game where you can be attacked ANYWHERE <------ I was not the guy who killed you but Kudos to them for doing so....

PS. If you wanna go afk to read forums or for any other reasons doing it in your house... If you can't handle getting killed on Siege Perilous the shard that has no rules go to Trammel------------------->

3. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

sorry to say but bank killing is all the rave now on seige. These people have detect, reveal and kill tactics down pact.

4. God_Majere

God_Majere Guest

Sure give props to an ******* exploiting guard zones because they cant beat anyone in a fair fight. peace out.

5. Bruin

Bruin Guest

While it sucks to be killed inside a guardzone and dry looted no doubt that is just one of the by-products of what many people on Siege love, you can do anything you want, any time anywhere.

Yes, it makes things more difficult, but it also does not restrict you from doing what you want. It means you have to be careful where ever you go, watching out for thieves or murderers whether your out on a hunt, at home, at the bank, or just shopping.

6. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

:yell:

7. gmcbroom

gmcbroom Guest

Alright I'll admit it I feel bad you got ganked. The same thing happened to me on day one. But, I knew coming here would be tough and even brutal somedays. Dry looting happens. But I took it in stride. All i can recommend to you is, here you must change your tactics. If you choose to go afk for any reason, its best to do it at your own house or a guild house. That way your less likely to be ganked. Here joining a guild is not mandatory but it is highly advised. That way you get support ie gold, gear, quest advice if you need it. Plus it never hurts to have friends. There is a guild called NEW that allows membership for one month. But you get alot out of it for just 30 days of your time. Should you ever choose to return to siege I highly recommend you look at one of the little books left out by banks or moongates. It's so worth it.

Welcome to Siege Perilous.

8. Tazar

Tazar Guest

After cross shard trading with you to help get you started on Siege, I really hate to hear about that. But you are right... it does explain the backlash the "Come to Siege" threads get on U-hall.

If you stay on Siege, or return to Atlantic, hollar - I may be able to help you get set up again.

9. Tiberius

Tiberius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

What has the guardzone got to do with a fair fight?

Guardkilling people is great fun! I used to do it all the time pre-aos with a couple other naked exp/ebolt mages and a looter/resser. Great fun and don't get upset, now you know not to go afk while bank sitting.

10. Mogluk

Mogluk Guest

yeah I am not a fan of bank killing but it has happened to me to ...meh...its a part of siege ......let me know I will help replace what ya lost...

11. Faeryl

Faeryl Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I would have ressurected your pet for you if my vet were high enough, but I don't have any at the moment :(

Also, sitting there yelling and cussing at the bank certainly isn't going to get you anywhere... Step back, take a breather, maybe get a few soul stones and work up vet so that if something like that were to happen again, you wouldn't need to wait around asking for a pet rez.

12. God_Majere

God_Majere Guest

Much respect Touzoko.

I got some home decor in my bank to sell if anyone wants to help me with some equipment. thanks.

13. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Well... What you got to sell?

14. Mr.StinkyPants

Mr.StinkyPants Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

whats ur ingame name?

15. Dirkdiggler

Dirkdiggler Guest

I don't know what you're talking about XD

16. Nurse Miss Maude

Nurse Miss Maude Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

As much as I hate to say it......if you think being killed on a shard that is set up so that players may be attacked anywhere is the reason people do not come to Siege, it's better that you got that taste on the first day.
    Just wait till you have people telling you that you don't belong on THEIR shard. Personally I think that is what is hindering growth on Siege. People complain that the population is low, then the very same people try to run off new people, or people they do not fit into their vision of what Siege should be........can't have it both ways people.

17. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

Like the inhabitants of Easter Island, they kept cutting down trees to get their rocks off. Once the trees were gone, the inhabitants died.

18. Mr.StinkyPants

Stratics Veteran

i remember NEW and there pals tried to run me off when i started on seige, told me theyd ruin my name and everything....but im still here :p

as far as im concernd u pay ur month fee and u can play or do whatever the **** u want helping the shard or hindering

19. Black magick

Black magick Guest

See ya... O wait. ^^

20. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

Claudio isn't a new player. He was an old Siege player (If I wasn't mistaken). I met him when he first came back, he's a real cool guy. Yes he probably overreacted, but everyone does once in a while. I was sad to see him disappear and happy to see him in the bank today (probably while he was afk ;)).

To Claudio: I don't have much, but I'll help you if I can. PM me if you need anything.

21. Sir Daniel

Sir Daniel Lore Keeper

22. Elfstone

Elfstone Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Thats Siege for you... Gotta love it ;).

23. Was i one of those peeps?Cuz i do recall some thing that happen with a person that was trying to start a guild and begged in luna for days. Shalimar and a few of us were not trying to (get off the shard thing) we were like make your own here or join NEW.

24. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

That was the Brittania Mining Company if I remember correctly.. unless NEW bashes every beggar!

Damn am I the only person that knew Claudio?

[edit] I'll post my BMC story shortly since it wasn't good enough for an episode.. but it's funny if you were around the beggars at the time [/edit]

25. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

:sad2:

That's just funny right there. Lets all cry about dying and expect pitty for stupidity at afk'ing anywhere that's not in a house on SIEGE PERILOUS.

The kicker being; He's not even new to Siege Perilous, lol!

GG

26. Ya . Id be like (opps my bad) Some peeps don't like the fact that they mess up, and want to blame it on others. Oh well.........

27. Pathagiris

Pathagiris Always Present

i've been on siege for years and sometimes i still get surprised at how upset people get when they die. let alone die when they are afk in an unsafe area.

everyone is so quick to bring up how low the population is and how bad siege needs new players. i say, if you are not prepared to die then the shard is far better off without you.

bye bye, you were not meant for siege.

by the way, you're whining gives siege a bad name not the people who actually play here.

28. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I've been killed while checking boards at a bank, but only once. I just told myself 'oh well, it's your own silly fault, you knew it was a risky thing to do' (I'm allowed to chastise myself :lick: ). Guardzones are only useful if you're there to yell for the guards. the first thing anyone tells a newcomer to Siege is that you're not safe *anywhere*

29. Mr.StinkyPants

Stratics Veteran

i was in new, and i wasnt begging for anything

30. Luka Melehan

Luka Melehan Certifiable
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Campaign Patron

Claudio, PM me. I am poor moneywise, but I can get ya some supplies.

31. Sir Daniel

Sir Daniel Lore Keeper

well put!!!!!!!!!!!!

32. Chardonnay

Chardonnay Visitor

YOU give SP a bad name with your trammy attitude...but you'll fit right in now...[youtube]eDIaDS9HhMw[/youtube]

P.S. How you listen to that hard a$$ music but have such a weak heart?

33. HaHa

HaHa Guest

QFT. This is the hard shard dude, take it as a learning experience. If this incident is what drives you away from Siege, then this isnt the place for you.

34. God_Majere

God_Majere Guest

My point....

Its one thing to have all felucca rule set server but it is completely different from having a shard pack full of exploiters. I don't care about dying or losing my ****. I am only pancakes about the exploitation of game mechanics. That is what gives siege players a bad rep...

35. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Exploitation? How the hell is killing you while unattended exploiting game mechanics?...la

36. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

QFT -minus the ...la

:thumbsup:

37. Black magick

Black magick Guest

This X2

38. Well guess it wasnt me that said it to ya, I support NEW

39. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Guest

Here are a Few Example's huh?

40. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

Well sounds like maybe your mind is made up about this shard but perhaps you will reconsider ?

ONE LUNA is the worst place on this shard to even remotely not pay attention to your chr. for a second of time let alone read forums or go afk for a nanno second. Tis our ghetto if ya want to label it so....crime ridden. :)

TWO no place is safe on Siege...heck in reality not even inside of our homes if we go afk...and did not even hide in our own home...someone may cast nature fury or something in on ya...and you are a corpse. :) DON'T afk anywhere on Siege, so at least ya get thieves stealing from ya, or at worse you are DEAD.

THREE...be far more *exploiters* on all the other shards than this one ya have not seen any Luna houses HERE burning yet have ya ?? Lots of different kinds of exploiters and they are more thick and all over more so on all the other shards than this one. Does Siege have cheaters or exploiters no doubt, but that probably still be 1/10th or less of the glut of em on many of the other shards.

FOUR: GUARDS do not work in all towns anyways...and sometimes you can not even get to shout GUARDS, before someone maybe be even faster attacking you...so just think of Lord British's lazy hired help as having out on break oft sluggin down ales & barely working anywhere anyhow... We can't really count on the guards, they should be FIRED, even in the best of situations on ANY shards the guards are lazy or the guards are shouting for GUARDS when a troll nears THEM...seriously, they are kinda worthless at times. :)

It oft is hard to GET a pet res...even banking at some bank way out in nowhere where no one can go to unless they CAN gate...last time I was pkd I was in a remote town bank...got pkd my pet beetle got pkd...took a couple hours till I found any one TO res my beetle. . which happened faster cuz I did take dead pet to LUNA where many folks offered to help res it and it got a res. finally.

Sometimes I just stable em simply cuz I may be going to some far flung wherever...pet can be pkd too so...since *I* can get a res lots faster ...sometimes I just stable em and do without them entirely. That way...I can move on without fussin over any dead pet needing a res and move on to get back to what I was doing ...faster without a pet in tow !

I play crafters non aggros whom kill no one here nor attack...some days Ima corpse some days not... I could care less bout my chrs. DYING on Siege. Everytime I hit LUNA on some other shard.....overpriced bs, no place for the honest crafter to really compete with dupers exploiters and over priced junk...where here if they DO need a table...it won't cost them 5k for a small wood table...like you WILL see in LUNA on other shards for ...simple things...uninsured things...things players NEED from time to time here...so I remain here EVEN when ridiculed for being too long winded as a poster on this forum.

Siege for myself, still offers far more reasons and folks here as even more reasons, to STAY here...than not.

So perhaps ye will rethink ye place here on Siege ??

41. HaHa

HaHa Guest