1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Why tailors cannot put symbols on cloaths?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Kiss Of Death, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Kiss Of Death

Kiss Of Death Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

[​IMG]

why cannot we have some symbols available to put on robes and shirts etc? it would be kewl for guild uniforms

2. Hunters' Moon

Hunters' Moon Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Because having something like that would be great. Because of that,we will never have it available to us.

3. RenaLynne

RenaLynne Guest

There really isnt anything unique about tailor made clothing/armor besides your name tag.:sad4:

4. I dont have a tailor, why should you be able to do something so creative?

I mean why dont you go as far as to say your tailor could specialize in jewel inlay on cloth. Or a blacksmith could put a jewel in the base of the sword.

HOW DARE YOU STEP OUT OF THE BOX!

If I cant do it through normal game play and am forced to create a character style just to compete.... I might as well quit.

Good idea.
    maybe a rare drop could be different symbols.

5. RenaLynne

RenaLynne Guest

:D Funny...Rare drop for symbols? Damn girl, you come up with some good ones!

6. Doireann

Doireann Guest

I want a jewel encrusted sword! *jumps up and down, her hand held high* Me! Me!

A rare drop would make sense, and would probably make it more viable coding wise. I want a chaos symbol on my clothes.

7. RenaLynne

RenaLynne Guest

Well I want the compassion sign on my dress...:)

8. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Jewel encrusted blades and cloths, symbols on cloths. That sounds awesome, hehe. I think I might be forced to make a tailor if that becomes possible :)

9. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I'm not sure it's possible within UO's animation system (as far as I know, items with symbols have their own art files ... someone correct me if I'm wrong?). The clients can hue items, but not pattern them.

10. Radun

Radun Guest

yup
    just to add one symbol, they would have to make new art/animation files for each type of clothing that it would be possible to put the symbol on.

plus it would also look really crappy.

and it's not exactly adding much to the game beyond the initial 'oh neat, i can make my character wear a spade symbol under his vet robe'.

11. Ailish

Ailish Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Meh, speak for yourself about it not adding much. For starters, I dont wear a vet robe - or any robe for that fact as they are ugly. A tunic with something on it would be awesome and would please alot of people in alot of ways for a very long time :p

12. BbqLou

BbqLou Visitor

:postpics:

This is a very strange smiley

13. Radun

Radun Guest

speak for myself? isn't that what i did?

you were the one claiming to speak for "alot of people".

It would be a waste of development resources for such a minor novelty.

14. Jahira-Tor

Jahira-Tor Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

And their doing soooo much with their resources as it is...

Im still annoyed they havnt made vet reward clothing in anything but robes yet.

15. RenaLynne

RenaLynne Guest

Yep, me too. How is it a waste of resources? What would be so impossible about adding new options for all the skills?