1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Why The CHange To Spellweaving?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by uoBuoY, Jun 25, 2008.

1. uoBuoY

uoBuoY Guest

Pub 54: "Arcane Foci can no longer be created by a single spellweaver"

What? Why? I haven't seen a lot of posts calling for a weaver nerf?

And how do you train the skill? No one will take the time to make a focus with someone who has 35 skill.

Am I missing something? Wouldn't be the first time!

2. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I noticed this one too.

Pointless, near as I can see.

I hadn't even thought of what you point out, which is that it makes training the skill more difficult.

-Galen's player

3. Zooithion

Zooithion Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I agree with you. This makes no sense at all. Why?

4. I have to agree. Why is this ??

5. RedRum

RedRum Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I heard that there was a bug out there that if you got an arcane focus of level 6, dumped it into a bank trash can, casting arcane focus by yourself from that point on, you would always get a level 6. How true it was, I have no idea, but this fixes that bug if it is/was true.

6. Ill Saint

Ill Saint Guest

Maybe now that we've had 3 separate threads on this topic, someone will listen up and scrap this ridiculous change. Too much to hope for, no doubt.

7. uoBuoY

uoBuoY Guest

Sorry.
    I didn't see any comments on this which I thought was very strange! So I commented.

8. Ill Saint

Ill Saint Guest

No, it's it's all good... :)

9. uoBuoY

uoBuoY Guest

Thanks!

10. Zooithion

Zooithion Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Sure but it's not really a fix. It's a dirty, easy, work around NOT to fix it correctly.

11. Lord Kynd

Lord Kynd Guest

if this is true, then great .. i think

should be more area's for getting a level 6 anyhow.

but what about skill training ? that person was right , no one , and i meen no one will focus with a 35 skill person, your lucky if you get in one with 80 spellweaving... and thats only because at 100.0 you can focus 80-120 skill people.

bad fix for whatever :(

12. So there will be no such thing as a level 1 focus anymore?? It's either 0 or 2?

I'm beginning to wonder if there is actually somebody in charge out there telling the devs what to do or if they aren't just randomly altering bits of code for giggles....

13. Nenime

Nenime Guest

They will probably give a statement about this on the next FoF. Or... just change it back without any comment in a year or so.

14. Redxpanda

Redxpanda Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Well they are known for dirty easy workarounds so you should have expected that.

15. AyaraBlue

AyaraBlue Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

My comment to this change: grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

My spellweaver is at 120, but due to irregular working hours I´m usually online when not many others are. This means I´ve been kinda stuck with focus 1, since it´s at least better than 0. But not so anymore it seems... :(