1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Why two hours?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Xenobia, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Xenobia

Xenobia Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

A house fell this morning and I AM STILL HERE waiting to place. I can understand a 15 minute cool down time as that is WAY more then enough time for IDOCers to loot the place... but I just want the spot and to have to waste two hours of my day waiting for it to open is just plain ridiculous. There is not a scrap of anything here and hasn't been since about 2 minutes after it fell. The whole point was to keep people from placing and looting back into the house right? It should be 15 minutes and the plot opens up.

2. UOKaiser

UOKaiser Guest

It's random not exactly 2hours. It's up to 2 hours before a house can be placed.

3. Xenobia

Xenobia Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Aye I understand that but they should take the "random" out of it as two hours is just stupid. No fallen house in UO will have stuff in it that long as too many folks have made IDOCing a way of life. I am saying it should be no more then 15 minutes or at the most 30. This one has lasted two hours and it's incredibly dumb.

4. Xenobia

Xenobia Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Oh this is just lovely! I spent my entire morning here waiting for this spot and now it tells me that housing cannot be created in the area! I placed it exactly like the one that fell...Are you F'ing kidding me?

5. Demonous

Demonous Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

the timer isn't used to make it easier to loot, its used to prevent script placing

6. kittykat

kittykat Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

the terrain has changed in the not too distant past (like within the last year or so) where some plants now block that didn't before. It's pretty highly annoying. Sorry for you :(

With regards to the timer, it's not so looters can loot, but part of the measures taken to keep scriptors from script placing houses. They made the available timer random (and made a time out on the house tool as well) to keep them from automatically grabbing any spot.

7. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

No, it's always 2 hrs, some people just keep saying its Up to 2hrs when they're wrong.

8. Last poster is wrong.

It takes up to 3 hours max and it IS random.
    I do idocs on atlantic and i myself waited 3 hours for an 18x18 spot only to lose to someone else.
    It opens up sometimes at 30 mins or 3 hours.

FYI!
    ps.I think it's lame for a timer to be that long myself but that is how they made it so we deal with it.

9. Xenobia

Xenobia Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I understand what everyone is saying but do scripters really need 2 hours or even 3 hours to place a house? That is a tad over the top IMO. After all the loot is gone, everyone has a chance to sit there for 15-30 minutes and attempt to get the spot. Most scripters only want the spot to drag the loot in the house so no one else has a chance at it and then they drop the house (that is what I have seen in the past) After the loot is gone, they don't seem to care about placing a house anymore. Again, I understand a cool down time, but they should be a little more realistic.

10. Flora Green

Flora Green Guest

Not so, I placed houses fairly recently and the longest I waited for both was between 30-45 mins.