1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Why won't my packie drop?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Mysterylabs, Aug 1, 2008.

1. Mysterylabs

Mysterylabs Guest

For the past 2 days, I have tried to get my packies to drop on 2 different characters and they no longer drop. This includes the blue beetle, pack horse and pack llama. I don't know if the shard matters, but I am on Great Lakes.

(Give your poor neglected lich statue a good home! Icq me at 39550292)

2. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

the "drop" command only work on animals with 1-word names

3. Mysterylabs

Mysterylabs Guest

All of them are one name. Ralph - Pookie - Boo - Monkey

They've been dropping since I've had them. The drop command only stopped happening 2 days ago. There are 2 other guildmates this is happening to also.

4. Mysterylabs

Mysterylabs Guest

Also wanted to add all the packies are bonded packies.

(Give your poor neglected lich statue a good home! Icq me at 39550292)

5. Coranthe

Coranthe Guest

Perhaps its a fix to a known issue *hint* *hint*

6. Mysterylabs

Mysterylabs Guest

So my packies won't drop again? :(

7. Lord Kynd

Lord Kynd Guest

i didn't think the drop command work's anymore

how do you get your dragon you just tamed to drop it's loot ????????

8. Lord Kynd

Lord Kynd Guest

i swear mine is hording all my doom and 'other' drop's in it's belly .

9. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I have been having this exact same issue. I use the drop command while I decorate, it is good for getting paintings to sit on the wall correctly and also for getting items that are tall to stack with each other on the same tile. You can also use the trash barrel, place it, put the items in, and axe it, but then you run the risk of losing connection before the chopping and losing your items.

10. Leto

Leto Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I just tested this and indeed the drop command no longer seems to be working. My llama is still responding to the command but doesn't drop the contents of his pack anymore.

Why is it the devs keep axing mechanics like these to fix bugs instead of going to the root of the problem? It's just like the comma's in checks but not on vendors or anywhere else: not a fix but a hack!

11. Shotgun

Shotgun Guest

if you have pack animals why use the "drop" command at all? simply click on the animal and select "open backpack" option on the gump window. simple

12. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

You can do exactly the same thing with a small crate. Place whatever in it, then axe the crate. Much safer than using a trash barrel.

13. Mysterylabs

Mysterylabs Guest

Its easier/faster for them to drop then pick it outta the packie. I like to drop my ore on the ground and smelt it from there, instead of taking each stack out.