1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

[Arms Lore] Will Carpentry raise Arms Lore?

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by legendsguy, Sep 11, 2009.

1. legendsguy

legendsguy Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Jun 7, 2008
    I have Fletching 100% and Arms Lore 83% and need it 100% of course, and I was already working on carpentry, but as I made many, many wooden shields I didn't get any gains in Arms Lore.

I tried with blacksmithing briefly and got gains, so I'm wondering if Carpentry doesn't work with it? Two more questions: will Arms Lore raise if I make bows at 100% fletching? Also, if I actively Arms Lore a weapon for hours instead of crafting will that work as well? (if so, is it faster or slower than if I was crafting and it was passively gaining?)

2. Barry Gibb

Barry Gibb Of Saintly Patience
    Stratics Veteran

May 24, 2008
    Arms Lore can be gained from making weapons and armor. Shields do not count as armor, for the purpose of raising Arms Lore. You should be able to find a weapon to craft at your skill level to gain both in.

Stayin Alive,

3. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Jul 16, 2003
    If you're training carpentry, yout best bets for arms lore gains from carpentry are the gnarled staff or Shepherds crook, that are made in most systems near the end of carpentry training. IMO the crooks are better, because you can donate them to the Britain library, instead of just trowing them away (animal trainer, upstairs).

And, yes, you can gain arms lore from bowcrafting even if bowcrafting itself is GM. I GMed my bowcrafter's arms lore from 0 (didn't even bother buying it up), sitting in Heartwood doing quests (initially to train bowcrafting skill, then continued past GM bowcraft, for runics)

Since you're training carpenter.... If your carpenter is also your tinker, you can get arms lore gains from making the "Hammer" carpentry tool (despite it not being usable as a weapon, it has weapon stats)