1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Will Dasha the Meer Captain make an appearance?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by sablestorm, Jul 23, 2010.

1. sablestorm

sablestorm Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

With the Bane targeting the Meer, will Dasha and Queen Dawn renew their acquaintance? I should mention Adranath too.

2. Martyna Zmuir

Martyna Zmuir Crazed Zealot

Hopefully, as it would make sense and be a good nod to continuity.

3. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Agreed! I'd love to see that.

4. WarderDragon

WarderDragon Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni BRPA

I wouldn't mind seeing the reappearance of Kabur and the Juka. It would add an interesting third dynamic to the tale.

The Warlord argued that humans needed to be exterminated; espousing the same hatred towards the Savages and Britannians now being (publically) leveled towards the Meer and Ophidians. So will he come to the aid of his ancestral nemesis? A matter of mutual interest and personal honor. Or will he allow the humans to gut their soft underbelly while making preparations to fight the Banes on his own turf? (And if there is any chance of the Juka finding common ground with the humans it will be their Samurai counterparts in Tokuno.)

The varied factions. The indistinct shades of grey as opposed to clear 'this is good' and 'that is evil.' This has the potential to be a good story.

5. sablestorm

sablestorm Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Out of curiosity, has anyone ever gotten a free Meer (as in not charmed with drayd's allure) and a Juka in the same area? If so, do they fight each other? Meer Captains and Eternals seem to attack any negative karma creatures, but I wondered if they had the same war features that ophdiians/terrathans and orcs/savages have.

As far as the dynamic of the Juka, that's an intriguing question. I had the same sort of questions about the Terrathans. Perhaps the system isn't set up yet to handle more than two sides, but perhaps for future events...

6. WarderDragon

It could happen through metafiction and global events. (i.e. an announcement went out that Dasha and Adranath are to meet at a neutral location with Kabur that we could witness.)

7. Xalan Dementia

Xalan Dementia Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

many cool ideas goin on here hehe. i cant remember what happened when the meer vs juka exodus fight ended, thought dasha an adranath went back to sleep or watever in the crypt. maybe im just remembering wrong, since the end of that event happened in 3rd Dawn client only at end. my comp and dialup couldnt handle 3dawn back then.
    I wonder if perhaps the Bane Chosen are savages that have been "Enlightened" by a dark leader, making them smarter and deadlier. thro the orckind into the mix too with that one hehe.

8. WarderDragon

I was looking through the BNN Archives. I wonder if Queen Dawn's will honor the statement she made to Dasha at the close of the Third War of Darkness.

But of course we also have to consider what happens when the Meer are driven too far.

9. Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos Always Present
    Stratics Veteran

I think its really sad that they're ignoring the other sides of this, the Terathans and the Juka.

Why aren't they reacting?

Both parties would see this as a golden opportunity to destroy their arch enemies, but instead they're just sitting there. Twiddling their thumbs.

A cool twist would be that after all this is done, the weakened human states gets attacked by Terathans, Juka and whatever else evil sides we've destroyed the opposing side of and they invade our cities, as our forces are spread thin and weakened from the bane offensive and many of our city guardsmen joined the bane.

Make it invasions much like the Vesper invasion, where there's special powerful versions of the regular ones.

10. sablestorm

sablestorm Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I don't really think it's sad and I mentioned this in a response to WarderDragon. This system they are using for this war seems to have progressed step by step. With the Despised and Ophidian Invasions, we saw the implementation of stage fights where we need to push foes back step by step. Loyalty was added when SA was released and now with this event, we see another step where the loyalty system and the stage battles are combined. Perhaps the next step in development is to allow for more than two sides. Besides, as far as I know, the Ophidians still have an army camped outside Terrathan Keep, keeping them hemmed in. ;)

11. Lord Chaos

Stratics Veteran

They could easily add the others as well or at least have some story about them. But them acting like they don't exist is just not good.

They don't have to add them now, but perhaps later like in a manner I described above.

12. sablestorm

sablestorm Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Easily? Programming isn't easy, especially with a system that's 12 years old with who knows how many past programmers that have contributed to it.

13. Lord Chaos

Stratics Veteran

They have just shown they can do it with the current events, so yes, they can do it.

I am not saying they should do it now, I am saying that they should stop ignoring logic and how UO works.

14. sablestorm

sablestorm Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

That's just it. Who says they are ignoring it? Typically you have a design doc and they're at the stage where they test a tug of war battle which we're having. That means two sides and the players can vie against each trying to move the front line. I'm just trying to make suggestions here, not throw insults at the Devs. Why are you making these accusations.

Finally, if you want to go the logical route, how about this:

In all this time, the ophidian army has been camped outside Terathan Keep. The Terathans have never been able to lift that seige and take the battle into Ophidian lands. Despite the fact the Ophidian Temple itself is under seige, the Ophidian army that surrounds Terathan Keep is still intact. That army hasn't moved so how logically would you explain the Terathans moving past it when they couldn't in all these years?